Nintendo going multi-platform is a short-term fix, says Iwata

Thursday, 8th August 2013 09:58 GMT By Dave Cook

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has stressed that taking the company’s IP to other formats would be a short-term fix to the company’s Wii U issues, he is more interested in its long-term prosperity.

Speaking with CVG, Iwata said when posed that the company should consider going multi-format, “If I was to take responsibility for the company for just the next one or two years, and if I was not concerned about the long-term future of Nintendo at all, it might make sense for us to provide our important franchises for other platforms, and then we might be able to gain some short-term profit.

“However, I’m really responsible for the long-term future of Nintendo as well, so I would never think about providing our precious resources for other platforms at all.”

It follows comments from Eidos life president Ian Livingstone, in which he suggested Nintendo should release its IP on every platform.

Do you feel that going multi-format would solve the Nintendo’s financial hit as a result of poor Wii U sales, or is he right? Let us know below.

1. Hcw87

The only thing Nintendo got going for them is their exclusive games. Nothing else. If they lost that, noone would buy their console.

What they need is a next gen console to compete with XB1/PS4, but it’s way too late for that now.

#1 1 year ago
  2. spoffle

@1 next gen doesn’t mean what you think it means

#2 1 year ago
  3. Ireland Michael

Even if the Wii U flopped and they stopped producing it, the company could easily survive of its handheld division alone.

People act like the company is about to go bankrupt or something. Cripes.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Froseidon

@2 – LMAO. I see too many people think the Wii U isn’t next-gen because of the power in the console. It’s really irritating.

@3 – Agreed.

#4 1 year ago
  5. silkvg247

God it’s so frustrating.. why didn’t they just make a WiiU pokèmon game. Or even a new zelda/mario/metroid/castlevania ready for launch.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

@2 – So, by this logic, if Sega were to re-release the Genesis, under a completely different name, tomorrow, you’d count it as an 8th gen system, even though the tech behind it was grossly outdated?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Clupula

@5 – Nintendo don’t own Castlevania. That’s Konami.

As evident by Lords of Shadows not being on Wii U, but on PS3/360.

#7 1 year ago
  8. silkvg247

@7 I am aware but when you consider the DS exclusives then obviously they are still bedfellows and it could be done.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Hcw87

Next gen means actually being able to play next-gen games, like The Division, Destiny, Battlefield 4 etc etc.

WiiU is a current-gen console.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

On to the subject at hand…Iwata has managed to steer the Wii U into every iceberg he could possibly find and the thing is being held together by chewing gum and duct tape.

If they had actually tried to compete with the real 8th gen systems, instead of just making a PS360 with a bit more RAM, they might have had a chance.

Honestly, the three options Nintendo have to turn things around are:

1) Scrap the Wii U and focus on the 3DS
    2) Scrap the Wii U and go platform agnostic
    3) Scrap the Wii U and make an actual 8th gen tech system

And before they do any of those three, they should force Iwata to fall on his sword for how badly he’s screwed things up the last couple years.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Hunam

I’d rather them ditch home gaming and just make handhelds. They are on fire with the 3DS right now, and the DS, GBA, GBC and GB were all utterly amazing to own.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Clupula

@9 – How long has it been since one of those. though? The last one to come out was in 2008.

The recent 3DS one doesn’t even play like the old DS ones and they have said they are considering porting it to the HD systems.

#12 1 year ago
  13. silkvg247

@10 Scrapping the WiiU would cost them the loyalty of the people who actually bought one. Bit of a gamble I’d say!

Surely option #4 is to get their ass in gear and get the “big hit” games out there.

I don’t think the spec of the machine is too low for their main IPs at all. It’s good enough for shiney new HD versions of them all.

@12 My point was the 2D ones have always been on Nintendo, it’d be cool if they did a 2D HD one on WiiU which used the main pad somehow. I’ve played the 3DS one for a few hours and yes the combat is very much different but the core gameplay (platform/adventure) remains.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Clupula

@13 – Not really. How much loyalty did they lose when they scrapped the Virtual Boy?

#14 1 year ago
  15. silkvg247

@14 WiiU has sold a fucktonne more than Virtual Boy (probably this week alone).

Why the venom to ninty fans? I appreciate Nintendo because of their lighthearted and easy to play games which I’ll always be interested in. However; didn’t buy a WiiU because it has none of the aformentioned games, and I dislike pikmin.

Maybe they should do a new starfox but make it sandbox-ey and have RPG elements. That would kick some serious arse.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Rockin a Jack D

Absolutely not! Nintendo are in a better position in terms of revenue than Sony. Nintendo have been in worse positions than they are now. There is a reason they are 100 years old.

Some gamers/analysts need to lay off the drugs! Nintendo aren’t going anywhere and they sure as shit aren’t going to put games on PS4/X1/iOS/Android.

Want to play Nintendo? Buy a Nintendo console and stop being so fucking cheap…

#16 1 year ago
  17. Clupula

@15 – Because they’re annoying. That’s why.

I don’t hate Nintendo, at all. I wish they would have released something that looked even halfway interesting, because I would like to own more than one system again. This last gen was the first one since the Genesis/SNES days where I only owned one. Previously, I had a PS2/Dreamcast combo (and almost bought a Gamecube, until the Capcom Five were announced for PS2), a PS1/Saturn combo. When I heard Nintendo were following up on the Wii, I was actually excited that they’d make something that appealed to me. They didn’t.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Hcw87

Times change and evolve, Nintendo’s games don’t.

It’s time to come up with new IP’s, instead of 5-6 Mario/Zelda games every year. It’s getting stale.

#18 1 year ago
  19. silkvg247

@17 Some pretty weird generalisations going on there, gotta say.. then again I can’t judge you for that, I see XBox fans as mindless sheep (mainly because of the way MS treats devs/customers and it baffles me how anyone could support that).

I think I’ve owned every mainstream (Sega/Ninty/Sony) console since the master system. Skipped MS of course, though I have inherited a 360.. ugh.

Favorite one was probably the Saturn, and even then only due to Panzer Dragoon Saga. Oh and their control pads.. pure bliss to finally have one.. just one pad that felt completely natural in small girly hands. :)

#19 1 year ago
  20. Rockin a Jack D

Times change and evolve, Nintendo’s games don’t.

And that’s what makes Nintendo, Nintendo and the reason they’ve been about for 100 years.

They’ll be around for another 100, i can’t say the same for Sony (who are in the financial shitter by the way) or MS.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Joe Musashi

@15 Why the venom to ninty fans?

You’ll see that the ‘ninty fans’ that don’t act in this way don’t get the venom.

JM

#21 1 year ago
  22. OmegaSlayer

@Clupula
    “What I hate are the delusional manchildren and Peter Pan-syndrome victims who seem to make up Nintendo’s fanbase these days. They annoy the living shit out of me.”
    Pure gold

what can you expect from people raised with:
    “sorry the princess is in another castle” concept? LOL

#22 1 year ago
  23. Dragon246

@JM, Clupula, Omega,
    No men, Ninty fans are very good. Just to give you an example, I had a very fruitful and decent worded discussion with a Ninty fan named Mr. ………….

Nope, you all are probably right :P
    …….

Jokes aside, its probably wrong to say “X fans are bad” IMHO. Its wrong imho to form an opinion about an entire community just based on interactions with a very small % of them which are their worst members. Obviously, fanboys are a different cup of tea.

#23 1 year ago
  24. silkvg247

If any of you are using posters here as a guidline for the norm then I think you’re a million miles off. :p

#24 1 year ago
  25. OmegaSlayer

VG247, N4G, NeoGaf…wherever you go Nintendo fans are the same.

#25 1 year ago
  26. The_Red

Iwata commenting on “multi-format” suggestion is big, no matter what the comment is about. If a CEO is allowed to talk about it and speaks in this rather defensive manner, it’s obvious that there is some STRONG pressure on him from both outside AND inside to go in such direction…

With that said, I respect his reply and hope he has some real plans for a long term fix (Rather than solely relying on the Mario cow).

#26 1 year ago
  27. monkeygourmet

The main reason I started commenting on this website, was because of the huge number of people dismissing Nintendo games as ‘childish’ and completly missing the point.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Joe Musashi

Now, now, monkeygourmet, you just don’t get the subtle complexities of his ‘style’.

JM

#28 1 year ago
  29. monkeygourmet

Clup, as far as I know isn’t trying to create a character he intends to become the ‘face’ a gaming website though?

#29 1 year ago
  30. monkeygourmet

@JM

Out of personal interest JM, what would you like Nintendo to do to improve your perception of them?

For example,

New IP’s,
    More games,
    Cheaper Price,
    New powerful Console,
    Third Party etc…?

I agree, this is pretty big.

Maybe it means other people are pushing for this, and if Iwata steps down, there will be a push for multi-platform Nintendo games?

Or, he could just be answering honestly because he was directly asked?

It’s hard to tell, although I liked the fact he addressed it atall.

#30 1 year ago
  31. Joe Musashi

@29 That doesn’t matter. If you’re excusing people’s behaviour based on some imagined style then you need to apply the principle wholesale. Not just use it selectively to excuse abusive trolling by people who happen to be fans of the same brands as you.

JM

#31 1 year ago
  32. Christopher Jack

If not for 3DS & Mario, Nintendo with the Wii U would be in the same situation Sega was with the dreamcast, heck it would have been the same back with the N64 & Gamecube, their portable divisions on top of their high selling exclusives keep them afloat while the actual console itself is in the shitter.

I don’t care what Ninty fans say, hardware does matter. Obviously it’s not the be all end all of gaming but in this case it clearly divides the Wii U & the other next gen consoles by somehow producing lesser than current gen standards. This act of segregation is an important factor & effects both 3rd party developers trying to make games across multiple platforms & the end user who ends up with either a lesser or different experience. Not all PS360 ports to the original Wii were terrible, but those few that weren’t were fundamentally different games.

#32 1 year ago
  33. monkeygourmet

Thats a fair point.

I did mention Francis as annoying the fuck out of me yesterday and have practically zero interaction with him.

He’s even admitted he’s a troll on the other page RE: game charts. There’s not any point me calling him on things as LBoss does a good job of that.

If anything he damages Nintendo’s image which is ironic with what he’s trying to achieve…

#33 1 year ago
  34. monkeygourmet

But, the price now reflects the power ratio compared to other offerings.

Maybe not at launch, but at £149 it clearly represents a different product to the PS4 / Xbone.

I think alot of people still see the Wii U as costing £299.

#34 1 year ago
  35. ps3fanboy

Satoru Iwata shouldnt have said this -> ‘ I would never think about providing our precious resources for other platforms at all.’

because we know he will be on his knees and ass kissing like mad when the ps4/xbone arrive.

nintentos wii-utanic is taking its biggest dive ever soon, be prepared for that it may never return… just saying.

#35 1 year ago
  36. monkeygourmet

Remember the bit when you lied and said you bought a Wii U to try and bolster your hatred for Xbone?

That was hilarious!

#36 1 year ago
  37. Lengendaryboss

Didn’t you add him or was it truly a lie?

#37 1 year ago
  38. Christopher Jack

@34, i think the core issue is that NOBODY compared it to the PS4/Xbone. & unless you’re after Ninty’s own exclusives, why would anyone grab a Wii U over a PS3/360? Basic Wii U without games & a puny HDD costs $348AUD at the moment, compared to a 500GB PS3+game/250GB Xbox 360+game+Kinect @$299AUD which have a great back catalogue for core gamers while being cheap enough to buy for your kids as a present. I don’t think there’s too many that will buy the console for the tablet, I think most of those kinda people would rather just get a Nexus 7, iPad 2nd gen or iPad Mini.

#38 1 year ago
  39. monkeygourmet

I asked him, but didn’t recieve a request?

Unless it was from a different name?

Please PS3Fanboy, tell me your Nintendo ID or add it to the thread I created in the forum yesterday!

It makes me wonder, how many people on here actually own a console they are talking about or bitching about…

#39 1 year ago
  40. monkeygourmet

Ahhh, yeah, thats some harsh AUD prices.

I see what you mean about the PS3 / Xbox. But using them as rivals to the Wii U insinuates this mystery shopper hasn’t got ANY consoles when walking into the shop.

Every man and his dog has at least a 360 / PS3 by now… maybe both.

But, yeah, your right: If I only had to have one console, it wouldn’t be a Wii U, as much as I’d miss certain games.

#40 1 year ago
  41. Joe Musashi

@39The ‘show your setup’ thread G1GA started showed a few absences from a select few…

The mentality you’re demonstrating with that statement and the lead-up to it is toxic.

You see what you want to see and twist response/lack of response to suit your agenda. You really need to stop playing that idiotic game.

JM

#41 1 year ago
  42. Djoenz

JM Amen Im now officially your number one fan. Lets start this sexy cult!

DJ.

#42 1 year ago
  43. monkeygourmet

Not really, if PS3fanboy starts saying he has a Wii U in a vain attempt to gain favour from Nintendo fans against the Xbone (which was almost certainly what happened).

Then this attitude is toxic to a community IMO as newcomers can sometimes find it hard to differenciate the bullshit from the truth.

It’s in the same ballpark as alt accounts for me.

Also, you noticed I didn’t actually name ANYONE in my previous statement, well apart from PS3Fanboy…

#43 1 year ago
  44. Clupula

@43 – I’m still not 100% convinced he and Francis aren’t the same person. They do tend to reuse the same insults, especially against LB.

#44 1 year ago
  45. monkeygourmet

And yes, that could be a thing, I agree with that.

Especially after his troll admission.

@JM

I expect you will now say: you can always ignore people?

#45 1 year ago
  46. ps3fanboy

@monkeygourmet, yes i have a wii-u and hell no i will not post my nintendo id here. so you trolls can spam me and do other crappy things…

#46 1 year ago
  47. monkeygourmet

You could e-mail it to me?

#47 1 year ago
  48. MrWaffles

My theory of why the Wii U is performing so poorly: two kinds of controllers.

Had they released the U with only the pad as a controller, there’d be less consumer confusion.

Consumers think: “hhhm, my kids will start a fight over who gets the main pad, fuck THAT”

I mean, controlling costs for big families is ok, but mixing the Wii U with the Wii U wand… and the classic pad, it’s just confusing, people have no idea if it’s another console or an upgrade, or if why they have to buy a tablet for their Wii.

Iwata was under the impression that anything under the Wii name couldn’t fail, and he wanted to keep as much “Wii” on this console, yet this is exactly what’s killing it.

On topic: Fuck Iwata, if he cared about his precious IPs he would’ve done everything to create a competitive -future proof- console.

-Waffles

#48 1 year ago
  49. Cobra951

Iwata shouldn’t lend any weight to the multiplatform push. Nintendo should ignore that outright. They have always marched to the beat of their own drummer, something I like more often than not. We don’t need another generic multiplatform company. We have plenty of those already. Nintendo is unique, and should stay that way, occasional failures notwithstanding.

#49 1 year ago
  50. monkeygourmet

Yep. Agree with that.

I don’t know why anyone would want them to potentially dilute whats makes them different.

Or fail outright.

#50 1 year ago
  51. OlderGamer

I really don’t know if Multiplat is the right way to go for Nintendo. I see the logic. But I also see loss of control as a potential issue. Sega, NEC, Atari, SNK … none of them struck it big after exiting the hardware market. There isn’t a precedence to follow. No blue print, no example.

A lot of interwebz pundants and fanboys wan to see the move because it would seem like the end of the rainbow. A victory. Goal. As if on that magical day everything in their lives would be better … because a company adopted a different bizz model…right, because that makes sense.

I see this gen being a wash for Nintendo. The handheld will be fine. And the WiiU will be a lower end selling system by Nintendo standards. I also expect a 3DS replacement before we end this gen(consoles cycle) and then a new console to soon follow. OR: And this is what I think makes sense. Or, Nintendos next handheld is a console. By that I mean give it the ability to hdmi to a TV. Allow it to wirelessly link with other systems. Allow it to use wireless controllers for couch co-op. A few bumps there, but it would cover a lot of their bases and fix a few of their problems.

They are a JP company. In their home territory they dominate gaming with their Gameboys. Not telling you anything new, we all know this. There is zero chance Nintendo will abandon that. A lot of times the JP companies become very territory centic. Sega killed a console that had the best NA launch in history, selling close to 5 million systems in one year(and this was pre PS2/Xbox360/Wii). The reason they killed it was because it didn’t sell in JP. MS doesn’t sell in JP at all and they are in contention for top selling world wide console. My point is that while Nintendos home console isn’t setting the world on fire, Nintendo as a whole is doing very good…esp in its home territory. That matters a lot more to them then if western 3rd parties are happy.

The N64 and Gamecube didn’t set the sales charts on fire either. But they sold enough to move a lot of first party software. that is their hope for WiiU at this point I am sure. As a side note if the system is still selling at a loss, no doubt that Nintendo is just buying time. Taking a gamble that they can reach their goals with a price cut and more Nintendo franchise games…once the hardware manufacturing costs drop. Why sell hardware and lose money? I have to wonder if they aren’t just treading water right now. I think that is a dangerous thing to do, but it feels like they are to me.

I figure in a few years consoles will be tablets that connect to your TV and use blutooth controllers/devices. We will prolly need sunscriptions for everything, and PSN and LIVE will prolly be hardwareless services you can use on “supported” Tablets. Nintendo could get ahead of that curve with its next Gameboy, buy combining handheld and console. If I were them that is what I would do. Being JP, and by that I mean more traditional in thinking, I don’t know if they have even thought of doing something like that.

Lastly as for Sony fanboys calling out Nintendo fanboys…do you realize how dumb that sounds?

I mean “And besides, Nintendo fans will swallow anything the company does. They wouldn’t lose a single fan with how sheep-like so many of their fanbase is.”

You just described almost any dedicated gamer. You don’t think there are Sony loyalist or Microsoft ones? Most people aren’t like that. It has been well documented here on these pages, that many of us own multi systems. If I was one of these so called Nintendo fanboys you righteous folks seem to like to hunt down, I wouldn’t also have a PS3 or an XB360 or a PC to game on. Infact I own almost every piece of hardware ever made. My personal favs were Turbo Duo and Dreamcast. Neither of them Nintendo hardware.

I find it rich that we have rabid fans one console talking smack about fans of another. Imo, the worst thing about most platforms, are those dedicated backers. Some of you guys take the prize in my book. So save your Fudge.

And speaking of Fudge:

“Because their delusional zeal and selective logic, fondness for moving conversational goalposts, adding ambiguities to fudge less-than-flattering details and ceaseless spin – all whilst acting like they’re the purest of pure gamers warrants it.

JM”

And yet:

” If you’re excusing people’s behaviour based on some imagined style then you need to apply the principle wholesale. Not just use it selectively to excuse abusive trolling by people who happen to be fans of the same brands as you.

JM”

Really? How is the view from your glass house? Might want to watch the stone throwing tho. How does THAT Fudge taste?

You guys are a joke. Really I mean it.

#51 1 year ago
  52. Joe Musashi

A targetted question coming from someone who is a master at the subtle accusation and sly implication (as evidenced by the post above), I really don’t think I have much to worry about. You are as partisan as they come yet foolish enough to think it doesn’t show.

Given that you’re the same guy that spun and spun so hard to argue that certain opinions of the Wii U simply weren’t valid (but only opinions that differed from your own, naturally) I rarely concern myself with your selective logic and skewed reasoning.

You guys are a joke. Really I mean it.

If you meant it then you wouldn’t be compelled to write such essays. Yet you frequently do.

JM

#52 1 year ago
  53. monkeygourmet

lol, good dodge! :)

Also, I would hardly call it ‘sly implication’, he included your signature in the quotes, did he really need to add your name for you to recognise yourself?

#53 1 year ago
  54. Dragon246

@JM,
    You can ignore guys with such modus operandi.
    Here is a quote –

“Say whatever you like guys, I think Sony will be first company to leave hardware business.”
    That was last year. Weather has now changed, so some people have gone underground.

Obviously, goes without saying all pro-Ninty fudge was never mentioned/ignored/silently supported. Typical.

#54 1 year ago
  55. OlderGamer

I am partisan? Me? Because I enjoy Nintendo games? Better get the rope JM, because I played Titan Quest Immortal Throne and Civ V last night! I must be a PC master race zealot! Hell I think I might just play some NCAA Football 14 on my XB360 this afternoon!! Oh the horror. I am so partisan, so so so Partisan. I might even be dangerous.

Dude they are just games, who the fuck cares who plays what on what system. Singling out posters based on what they enjoy and how they game is pathetic.

#55 1 year ago
  56. Joe Musashi

@53 When someone attempts to stifle freedom of speech as blatantly as he tried to – over the topic of a videogame console, no less – he pretty much moves off array of people I regard as worth engaging with.

Being a fan of the same platform as you, naturally, you overlook his crimes and side with whatever he says.

@55 Again with the accusations and implications. Don’t put words into my mouth and then attempt to damn me for them.

JM

#56 1 year ago
  57. polygem

Yuk…got to avoid these nintendo threads. Some of you guys truly lack passion. Why even argue with you guys. You just want to hate.

#57 1 year ago
  58. monkeygourmet

How can you draw parallels to Clup’s youtube output and Furious Francis?!

Clup’s put himself out there as himself for better or worse.

Francis is hiding behind a character.

I don’t make a point of worrying about things like that as it’s the same as getting angry at wrestling.

#58 1 year ago
  59. Joe Musashi

There you go again. The only common link between those you defend and those you criticise is whether they’re a fan of the same brand as you. If they are then they can do no wrong in your eyes and you will concoct anything to excuse their behaviour (even when they themselves admit they are deliberately being abusive and boast about it). And I’ve seen you and your chums get very agitated and angry about it – but only with people that don’t support the same brand as you.

And there poly goes again – diving in with his usual schtick and flinging a label around whilst romanticising. Eager to throw in a diversion or distraction if the conversation isn’t going well for his chums.

It’s all such a tiresome and predictable act that the same cabal of players keep performing. Yet you all seem to think nobody sees through it.

JM

#59 1 year ago
  60. manamana

Iwata is absolutely right on this, imo. Nintendo would be left out in the cold without their crown jewels. WiiU is just to pricey and has no real killer games at the moment and thats all. It’s a shame though, that they aren’t gaining profit with that old hardware …

#60 1 year ago
  61. Lengendaryboss

Holy hell WHERE IS THE GODDAMN POPCORN!!! : runs to shops ;)

#61 1 year ago
  62. polygem

You just need a new mirror joe.

#62 1 year ago
  63. monkeygourmet

Or; one represents himself personally, and one is a comedy character?!

It’s Like Angry Video Game Nerd… It’s fun and all, but im not going to take him seriously and would be suprised if people did…

For christs sake, it was only yesterday that LBoss thought Francis was that big fat guy who rages!!! An internet parody comic, yet he’d still been arguing with him this whole time?!

I’ve said before, I don’t really interact with Francis, as he’s a comic character… Of course him sticking up for Nintendo, at some point we are going to have combining views, as I enjoy Nintendo games. Thats the law of averages…

Hell, i’ve even sided with the opinions of people I don’t generally agree with once in a while.

Going back to my original statement to Clup:

“Also Clup, thats quite a brave statement considering your youtube channel’s output.”

Thats quite a brave statement…

How is that trying to stiffle ‘freedom of speech’?!

It may be mildly insulting, but i’ll wait for Clup to tell me that, not that I think he would give a flying fuck… But in no way did I tell him to remove his content or anything like that.

Well done for sticking up for him though, in a round about way that serves your own purpose.

#63 1 year ago
  64. Joe Musashi

“Or one represents himself personally, and one is a comedy character?!”

That’s not even the issue. The issue is that you appoint yourself as the arbiter of another person and defend/criticise them. Who made you God?

You rush in so fast and with such an obvious agenda you don’t see the mis-steps and mentality you exhibit along the way. (Not to mention the double-standards).

I’m not even aware of what I’m meant to be sticking up for with regard to Clupula. Because I haven’t been. You’re far too wrapped up in your skewed world to take note of what is or isn’t being said. You aren’t even attributing my comments to the events they refer to. You’re just either lost or making things up.

JM

#64 1 year ago
  65. polygem

Mirror joe. Now.

#65 1 year ago
  66. Lengendaryboss

GUYS i got the popcorn, continue ;)

#66 1 year ago
  67. sebastien rivas

That’s thing and point in all those posts.

Thought process nowadays is such that it automatically ensnare the poster in a category.
    In many ways the reader is rigt to consider s/he is a fanboy or not.
    But then and again the term exists because of most if not all of our fault to just categorize the author of a post depending how exiting, pushing a point, or notes to folowthrough or comments’ addition to an article is/are.

This thread demonstrates again that fanboyism barely exists meaning there are not that many out there after all. Yet it is self belief to categoise one we do not know at all that is or not.

All this to say, guys… you want to live happy? do you? then start asking question without implying to categorize an author because his post may seem unfounded, unrealistic,or false to your eyes. There is always to learn or to be learned somewhere.
    Therefore Be cool

It is always hurtful to be categorise into something we do not feel we belong to. It is hurtful to the point where responses can only be on the defensive/aggressive.
    What does that help?????? nothing but getting a thread down a hill.

Personally I like Nintendo but I am completely against their moto to keep a tight rope on what or what not game shall be on their system. And yes, to my eyes, Mario in all sauces can only go that far which already went beyond my level of acceptance to the point where I do not recognize anything new even though I have not seen the game nore tried it.

#67 1 year ago
  68. polygem

Remembering my first post. Ciao.

#68 1 year ago
  69. Djoenz

@67 +1

Its funny JM is addressing all the things that actually annoyed me about them.
    JM you dont need a mirror you are the only sane person here imo.

Life experience and age doesnt make people automatically wiser cause each experience different aspects of life and some people do nothing with knowledge and let it go to waste.

I can tell you like to observe and analyse people’s comments, but tbh its a waste of time when doing so on the internet.

People’s words can easily be misinterpreted on the internet. People sometimes post on a whim. Sarcastic shit will fly all over the place and a lot of people are stubborn and wont see their hipocrisy.

I never point fingers or adress people to hurt them deliberately, but I will speak my mind if some are out of line or pick on the weak.

Thats cyber bullying. Thats for pussies.

I guess thats your motivation standing up for the weak? If not why waste your time for this.

I learned it only gives me freaking stress for nothing.

#69 1 year ago
  70. Lengendaryboss

Oh dear looks like that wasn’t popcorn worthy :( :D

#70 1 year ago
  71. monkeygourmet

If you put personal content of yourself in the public domain on a website that has a facility for comments, you shouldn’t be surprised if people offer feedback.

That’s why many people on YouTube adopt persona’s.

“Who made you god?”

No one, but by not making things private, you invite comments both good, bad or indifferent.

By mentioning Clup’s YouTube monolouge is in no way comparable to condoning or condemning Francis’s comedy channel.

I don’t see how taking a silly jab at Clup for his output equates to giving Francis a high five for his.

#71 1 year ago
  72. sebastien rivas

@ 69

I agree life experience does not make one wiser.
    I am old now and I used to be so cool and remote, never saying bad words and never harsh words under impulsion.
    I try to keep my cool believe me but there are threads where I start to join the “dark” side.

Now look, it’s not about standing up for the weak, nore joining the mass or the mob even if my opinion and statement makes me look that way.

In my previous post I was trying to reach out to make people ponder if a response and categor to fanboyism is qualitatif and quantitatif of the author 1st post or if there is more behind the author of the post they are trying to reach at.
    I know I am really bad with communication and it takes time to read and understand what I write.

For example if I say consoles exist because of PC, it does not make me a PC fanboy. It means PC was first on mass market even though it is utterly false because you had apple before it, and atari before PC too and many many more as well. But one thin is sure, gaming on PC helped the game industry to remain.

All this to say that good communicationis is really hard to achieve and people should not take their shot gun at shoulder and categorise an author as a fanboy, instead go further, ask question relevant to which /she is a fanboy or not. The truth will solve itself if the discussion continues in good manners and there is not need to hurt one another.

Now do I help the weak I do not know but all I can say is that I felt hurt for the targetted author.

#72 1 year ago
  73. Joe Musashi

You are still acting like an assumed God. Choosing to judge and using your judgement to exact penalty/praise as you see fit. You even ignore what the individual says, instead favouring your own concocted reasons to excuse / damn their behaviour.

I’d give you allowance for things if they were truly law of averages. But your traits are so unerringly consistent and predictable that it’s far more than the mere coincidence that you’re trying to dismiss it as.

JM

#73 1 year ago
  74. Djoenz

Sorry bro that whole statement was meant for JM lol.
    I gave you rep though +1.

I am young and I have much to learn thats for certain, but I have always been a certain observer of people’s actions, facial expressions and people’s way of words.

People acting differently than the way they speak. Even facebook is a major facade for attention for some people.

IRL I can understand it but why on the internet ..thats my whole issue with internet.

Internet is not social if you think about it. Its a bigger facade then most people are IRL. Its NOT a good thing.

I give you my virtual REP bro for what its worth :P

Im about spreading the love not bashing people that dont deserve to be bashed.

Stay frosty. (always wanted to type tht :D)

#74 1 year ago
  75. sebastien rivas

@ 74
    Let’s all cheer up :)

#75 1 year ago
  76. monkeygourmet

@JM

I would follow you more if people had private channels.

People put things out in the public domain to gauge other people’s opinions.

There are plenty of options available to keep thoughts or videos private.

Your utopian view doesn’t really fall into reality, people should be aware they may face criticism or trolling, but many deem the potential ‘spoils’ worth the risk.

I just have no time for people being completely open on a public forum, then getting upset when things don’t go there way.

Not that Clup was in this case, but I’m sure you get the gist.

One side calling people ‘gods’ for bearing judgment, the other side called ‘media whores’ for attention seeking purposes.

I disagree with people posting inane trolling or abuse for no reason on YouTube, but there are ways round this for the poster and they need to be sure they know what they maybe getting themselves into…

#76 1 year ago
  77. fearmonkey

Wow on this thread, why does Nintendo threads always have so much animosity..lol. It’s just funny that a company that produces games that are very kid friendly and family oriented always seems to bring out the worst in people.

I just have to add my two cents. I think Nintendo needs to stay away from Multiplatform for now, but if the Wii-u does indeed fail or has a shorter life than expected, they need to stop doing whatever they want and listen to developers.

While I have no doubt that some developers were approached doing the Wii-u development process, I doubt they went to everyone as Mark Cerny mentioned they did with the PS4. I have said it before, but I miss the old Nintendo before they became overly kid friendly and toy like. I miss the days of the SNES and the N64 where the consoles looked and were powerful for their time, and more like the SNES when third parties really supported them.

But no, Nintendo does whatever they want and it worked for the Wii but came back and bit them on the Wii-u. If they were smart, they would wait a bit and release a new console again in the middle of this next gen that is smoking in power and ability and really court the devs.
    That is what they need to do.

#77 1 year ago
  78. sebastien rivas

@ 77
    … if the Wii-u does indeed fail or has a shorter life than expected, they need to stop doing whatever they want and listen to developers.
    I entirely agree with you.

#78 1 year ago