Below is a timed Xbox One exclusive

Thursday, 8th August 2013 23:27 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Capybara Games has confirmed its rogue-like Below will be exclusive to Xbox One for a limited time only before heading to other platforms.

Caybara made the confirmation in a post on the developer’s website, and had nothing but praise for Microsoft.

“Like many games on [Microsoft's] stage at E3, Below will be available on the Xbox One first. Then, after a period of time, CAPY can bring it elsewhere. It’s always been this way,” the team said.

“We’ve said it many times before, but it is worth repeating: working with Microsoft Studios has been great, and they deserve real kudos for putting our dreamy roguelike-inspired game of exploration and discovery in the spotlight at E3, and we are certain they’ll continue to do more of that going forward.

“This clarification is about answering our fans, and shouldn’t reflect negatively on Microsoft or Xbox One – they’ve been the biggest CAPY supporters out there. The Xbox 360 has been a great home for marquee downloadable games, and we believe this is something that will continue, and grow, over the years on Xbox One.”

Below was announced via a teaser trailer during Microsoft’s E3 2013 presentation. Questions of its exclusivity were raised thanks to its use of Kinect technology to craft a unique experience for each players based on the layout of the room.

We don’t know much else about Below except it has an open world, is a bit moody, includes an antagonist called Darkness, and involves loot.

Capybara Games was behind Critter Crunch, Super TIME Force and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. It co-developed Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP.

Thanks, Polygon.

1. DrDamn

Oh nice. This was one of the title which interested me in the X1 reveal.

#1 1 year ago
  2. marijnlems

Woo-hoo! Best news I’ve heard all day.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Sylrissa

Great news!

#3 1 year ago
  4. Erthazus

Lol. Next generation of timed exclusives.

#4 1 year ago
  5. zinc

A game i’ve never heard of, by people i don’t know , is a short term exclusive!!

I’ll live.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Major Mayhem 70

@ Legendary (whenever he gets here)

This is a tic tic time exclusive. As opposed to a Microsoft brand exclusive, you know like the FPS with the big mechs. Oh I forgot, it is coming out for ps4…. Maybe. You hold on to that hope while I play all the exclusives. Timed, branded or consoled, whatever you find fitting. I’m going to play all of the exclusives. And because you will respond to this, its proof you do care. Good day 😜

Big ups to Xbox One
    And!!
    Big ups to … Wait for it, waaaait for IIITTT!!!
    Yes, big ups to Playstation 4.
    Now release the dates!!!!

#6 1 year ago
  7. mistermogul

This is good news as I like the look of this but thought I wouldn’t get to play it on PS4!

Happy days!

#7 1 year ago
  8. monkeygourmet

Yeah, me too, looks really nice and I was gutted it was an X1 exclusive

@Topic

Wasn’t this one of the exclusives MS added to their list? Does that list now cover timed exclusives?

What next, Dead Rising 3 coming to PC / PS4?

#8 1 year ago