Payday 2: we show you how not to rob a bank

Tuesday, 6th August 2013 11:21 GMT By Dave Cook

Payday 2 demands teamwork and proper strategy across all of its tense heists. VG247′s Sam Clay and Pat Garratt have recorded their latest four-player session to show you how not to do them.

Warning: Pat swears often in this clip, and it’s actually hilarious.

Part two is coming tomorrow morning so subscribe to our YouTube channel to make sure you see it first’. Stay tuned.

Do you think you guys can do better than our crew? Let us know below.

Payday 2 hits PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on August 27.

1. frostface

I thought you did pretty well. In the first game I spend most of my time getting revived.

Does the sequel feel more like an expansion? It doesn’t look much different to the first game, what’re the most notable additions/improvements to make it worth switching out from the original game?

#1 9 months ago
  2. viralshag

I actually love it when things go wrong. Makes me feel like I’m in that film The Town.

You guys playing on PC? I’ll have to add you and bring the DOUBLE SHOTTIE PAIN!

#2 9 months ago
  3. DrDamn

Payday is the most fun I’ve had with an online shooter in a long while, but I’d like to echo @frostface’s question – what are the notable additions/improvements?

I notice for one this job is a lot shorter and more compact than the standard levels in Payday 1 – which is a welcome addition.

#3 9 months ago
  4. DrDamn

Some info from the official page …

#4 9 months ago
  5. viralshag

@1/3, I don’t have much experience with the first game but they have some longer and shorter missions. So far we only have the option of 1-3 day jobs but in the full game I expect full seven day jobs.

What would you have liked to improve from the first game?

#5 9 months ago
  6. DrDamn

I think actually most of it looks covered by the features link above. The core gameplay is fantastic. Greater variety in mission length is good too. Weapon customisation sounds like it covers off other stuff too. I’m level 25 odd in PD1 but I still don’t have a gun with a sight on it for example. Quite like the flexibility in approach from this vid too – collect as much as you can as long as you get over a limit, choice to drill if you want to etc.

I should stop rambling and just pre-order I reckon (will be on PS3 where my Crew are).

#6 9 months ago
  7. viralshag

@6, You definitely have options as your level increases. For most locks/safes/doors you can shoot/pick/saw/blow your way through depending on the people playing and how they have spent their skills. Some cater to a quiet entry, others you are literally gonna “blow the bloody doors off”.

There’s even the option to handle jobs without having to kill anyone but they can be tricky and you need to have a team working together. I like groups that will take two minutes to type out a plan if there’s no voice chat as jobs go much easier.

#7 9 months ago
  8. frostface

@4 I’m in work now so I’ll have to check that link out later before I can comment on it. Nice one for sharing it.

@5 Not much improvement needed over the first one, maybe just a bit more polish. The gameplay certainly wins out.

#8 8 months ago
  9. Rosseu

Dave you guys need to make more of these gameplay vids. Very cool and funny

#9 8 months ago