Knightmare: watch the one-off YouTube special here

Monday, 5th August 2013 12:56 GMT By Dave Cook

Knightmare, the insanely awesome 1980s fantasy TV show is getting a one-off special as part of YouTube’s Geek Week festival. The string of events runs between August 4-10 and the Knightmare special will see the show’s original cast return. It’s live now.

UPDATE: Here it is folks. Watch and wrap yourselves up in a cosy blanket threaded from your nostalgia.

What do you think?

ORIGINAL STORY:

“But Dave, this is TV news, not gaming news you chubby sod!”

Yeah it’s a TV show but it was damned influential on the 1980s gaming scene let me tell you. it saw a bunch of kids guiding their friend through a series of digitally-crafted dungeons and traps along with the guidance of presenter Treguard, played by Hugo Myatt. He’s returning for the special too.

The Guardian reports that the special show’s contestants will include YouTube stars Dan “danisnotonfire” Howell, Phil “AmazingPhil” Lester, Emma “emmablackery” Blackery and Stuart “ashens” Ashen.

Are you excited to see a new episode of Knightmare? Let us know below.

Thanks Eurogamer and to DynamiteHeaddy for the clip.

1. monkeygourmet

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Left 3 paces, forward 5 steps, put the cheese in the bag!

#1 9 months ago
  2. Gheritt White

OMG THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING NEWS EVR

HOW DO THEY

I DON’T EVEN

#2 9 months ago
  3. Eregol

*Faints*

#3 9 months ago
  4. TheBlackHole

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

@2 < THIS!

#4 9 months ago
  5. VibraniumSpork

Still one of the creepiest/coolest kids TV shows ever to grace the planet.

Also, for anyone who’s interested, Challenge in the UK (Sky: Ch 145, Freeview: Ch 46, Virgin: Ch 139) show a double-bill of ‘Knightmare’ and Pat Sharp’s ‘Fun House’ re-runs from 10:00 every Friday night. When enjoyed alongside various substances, it’s quite a fun trip down memory lane ;)

#5 9 months ago
  6. Mus42

Great news! :D

#6 9 months ago
  7. Armitage Shanks

oh wow!! this will bring me back.

#7 9 months ago
  8. Ireland Michael

Hah, awesome. I was addicted to this show as a kid.

They should bring this back as a YouTube show or something.

Stuart Ashens is going to be part of this? Then it’s probably going to be hilarious. Hahaha.

#8 9 months ago
  9. Dave Cook

*In booming Treguard voice*

“WHO ARE YOU TRAVELLER? COME FORTH AND PRESENT YOURSELF!”

*Sheepish young lad in a flannel shirt and slacks steps meekishly forward*

“My name’s Michael from Milton Keynes”

#9 9 months ago
  10. Kyle Jackson

I’m so old, I watched this as a kid.

#10 9 months ago
  11. silkvg247

The skull always freaked me out. Still does.

#11 9 months ago
  12. SplatteredHouse

If you can get to the Edinburgh Festival, get a ticket so that you can see @KnightmareLive (that’s the twitter username, not an ad stunt on my part lol :) ) Apparently, the previews have gone really well, presented to sold out crowds.

#12 9 months ago
  13. RandomTiger

Awesome

#13 9 months ago
  14. VibraniumSpork

My mum wouldn’t let me watch CITV as a kid (yeah she’s a snob, but a lovely one ^_^) so I could only watch this round my mate Graham’s after school. Man, the countless evenings I spent watching this in front of a plate of Chicken Nuggets and Chips…

P.S. Even though Graham was a total bell-end, this show was worth the hassle.

#14 9 months ago
  15. fearmonkey

lol, Reminds me of Stonekeep. Must have been awesome in the 80′s, never saw this in the US, would have loved it.

#15 9 months ago