Phantasy Star Online 2 video shows off Episode 2, Part 2

Wednesday, 31st July 2013 22:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

SEGA has released a new video for Phantasy Star Online 2, showing off Episode 2, Part 2.

The video gives you an idea of some of the new gear, costumes, maps, and other goodies which are coming with the update on August 7.

The firm also said that Episode 2, Part 3 is already in the works, and should be out sometime in December.

If you head on over to Massively, you can also watch a couple of odd commercials for the game on PC and Vita.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is still heading west at some point, after being delayed from its initially panned early 2013 release.

1. monkeygourmet

I really was looking forward to this.

The hugely staggered western / UK release has really thrown cold water on my enthusiasm, what’s taken them so damn long?! :/

#1 9 months ago
  2. lexph3re

Yup, Not sure how much anyone cares anymore on this. If they would have released it on PC and Vita by now they would have made a killing. Now most people I know have played it on JP servers or gave up waiting.

#2 9 months ago
  3. Fin

WHERE’S MY FUCKING PSO VER2 XBLA GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Also, PSO2 on Vita in the west please.

#3 9 months ago
  4. TheWulf

Blue Burst is still around via server emulators on the PC, and to be honest, it’s more colourful and free. So I’m not exactly breaking a sweat over this one, as it seems that to degrees they’ve Final Fantasy-ified it, by making it more washed out, desaturated, and drab. It’s weird that a game as old as Blue Burst actually looks better to my eyes.

Phantasy Star Universe was the best of both worlds, of course, but that game has completely died off now and there aren’t any server emulators for it. …yet.

They’d have to do a lot to tempt me into this considering that the visually more appealing Blue Burst is already free. And ethically free, too, since they completely dropped Blue Burst in the West, it’s free game now. (Though I would still be paying them for it, and I was up until they cancelled the official Blue Burst.)

#4 9 months ago
  5. OlderGamer

PSO and Civ are my two fav games of all time. Crazy combo I know. I still have my eyes on this. But like Wulf said, I still play BB.

#5 9 months ago
  6. manamana

Western Vita release please!

#6 9 months ago
  7. dizzygear

There is an PSO2 launcher called PSO2 Tweaker that makes installing the English patches a breeze.
    Making a Sega online id is still a bit of a pain but there are plenty of tutorials for that.

Ship 2 is already the goto server for English speaking players and Sega is pretty much turning a blind eye to it. So i dont understand why sega wont just translate the client, add paypal support and let us play on the excising servers. Easy money right there.

#7 9 months ago