Killzone: Mercenary closed multiplayer beta is live, open beta hits in late August

Wednesday, 31st July 2013 17:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Killzone: Mercenary closed multiplayer beta has gone live, so if you received a multiplayer beta voucher as part of the promotion via PlayStation Home, please note that your voucher is for the Open beta in late August, not for the closed beta launching today. For those of you who didn’t get in, the open the multiplayer beta will go live in late August Killzone: Mercenary hits shelves on September 4 in Europe, September 5 for Spain and Portugal and September 6 for UK, Ireland and Australia. North America gets it on September 10. Hit up the break for a new developer video.

1. matirishhh

I’ll be completely honest – Killzone Mercenary blew me out of my flip flops (no socks in summer time) when I started playing it! One word – AMAZING, if they drop 10 multi maps (minimum) at the start and 8 hrs campaign it’s gonna be a system seller…I haven’t seen a better looking game on any portable system. Multi is fluid, fast and accurate, it’s 100% killzone experience with new perks and very good vanguard system. I really really like it.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dragon246

^
    *Stares with jealousy*

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

I don’t know whether to feel jealous or excited ;)

#3 1 year ago
  4. Kreion

Killzone is too entrenched in the PS3 to be a system seller. As in the release new ones regularly and someone who doesn’t own that system is never going to be that interested in it. I mean say the next Halo was amazing for you (however you define that) chances are you wouldn’t even know that because you wouldn’t look at any Halo footage. (assuming someone only has one system here)

If this were a new IP it’d be more likely to become a system seller imo, but if it’s a good game then good for you :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. matirishhh

@4 This is just my subjective view on this. If I didn’t own VITA already and was on the fence with buying it, Killzone:M would definitely be the push factor. But only if there was 10 maps and 8hrs campaign, otherwise NO GO even though it looks and plays like a charm. We will see what the final versions brings, so far they only advertised 6 multi maps, hopfeully they will take everybody by surprise at Gamescom.

#5 1 year ago