Dead Rising 2 & Crackdown are next free Xbox Live games – rumour

Wednesday, 31st July 2013 10:10 GMT By Dave Cook

Dead Rising 2 & Crackdown are rumoured to be the next round of free Xbox Live Gold games in August, according to a Polish retailer.

Polish retailer Ultima is running the above branded promotion for Crackdown, suggesting it will be the first free game of August.

It follows rumours from fellow Polish site Xbox 360 Online Centre that both Crackdown and Dead Rising 2 would be offered to Xbox Live Gold subscribers in August.

What do you think? Thanks OXM.

1. f1r3storm

Hope they have replacements for both in Germany then. ;)

#1 1 year ago
  2. DiodeX

Dead Rising 2 is great as I wanted it but never got it. Crackdown, how old though?, good if you have never played it tbf

#2 1 year ago
  3. Pytox

at least decent game although it’s quite old too

#3 1 year ago
  4. pukem0n

well, they are getting better.

hopefully they catch up to Sonys incentives on the free games front.

#4 1 year ago
  5. shiftymorgan

Should have stuck with the 2 motif and gone for crackdown 2.
    Just seems like ms keep going for the cheap option all the time.
    I understand giving out dead rising 2 so they can build up hype for the third.

#5 1 year ago
  6. xXNapsterManXx

Oh hell yeah ive recently been playing DR2 so i wont get that but i will be all over Crackdown havent played that since H3 beta days

#6 1 year ago
  7. xXNapsterManXx

@5 Crackdown 2 is Shit be thank full they put up the good one

#7 1 year ago
  8. shiftymorgan

@7 I know its not as good but there is some good laughs to be had with it.
    The wing suit was fun.
    but overall I suppose I don’t mind, I have them both on disc anyway.

#8 1 year ago
  9. orakaa

Crackdown? The title released a year after the 360 launch?
    Even if the game is good, it can be found for like 2 or 3 dollars today…

#9 1 year ago
  10. DiodeX

@9, still $2-3 more than free, unless you use that in power downloading it!!

#10 1 year ago
  11. Gheritt White

Is there anyone with an X360 who *hasn’t* played the crap outta Crackdown?

#11 1 year ago
  12. shiftymorgan

also @7 Crackdown 2 is also 4 player as well.
    just sort of helps

#12 1 year ago
  13. xxJPRACERxx

Crackdown is so underrated. Crackdown 2 is very good to but it’s more a 1.5 than a 2.0.

#13 1 year ago
  14. bradk825

I never did play DR2 so that’s awesome. I played Crackdown when it was new. Fun game, worth picking up if you haven’t played it before. I am hoping the first is DR2.

Of course this being a rumour, we have no idea if it’s true. Could be someone pulling the same shit as before, “leaking” Halo 3 and AC2 ahead of an arcade game instead.

#14 1 year ago
  15. bradk825

@13 yeah it sucks when that happens, or worse, when Dragon Age 2 was more of a 0.75 than a 2.0, lol.

#15 1 year ago
  16. monkees19

I’ve never played it. Either one.And never played Dead Rising either. I’ll probably download them but I doubt I’ll ever actually play them. Not my type of game.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Professor Zoom

#9 What did you expect? A brand new FPS that costs 50$? I think you’d have a hard time finding it for only 2 $ and it’ll soon be out of the market, so you can never get to play it and for those who haven’t played the game including myself it’s a great time to do it now and besides those free games are even better than the games Nintendo charge 50$ for on Wii u, Nintendo charge 50$ for their upcoming and long time milked 2D platformers and have just got the old last generation HD engine which Microsoft and Sony conquered 7-8 years ago.

#17 1 year ago