Blizzard gamescom press conference scheduled for August 21

Wednesday, 31st July 2013 15:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blizzard will host a press conference at gamescom on August 21 at 11:30AM, and while the developer didn’t specify the contents of the talk, it did tease something to do with “the Heavens, Burning Hells and all the shadowed places that lie between.” So, expect the team to discuss Diablo 3′s console versions. During gamescom 2011, Blizzard talked about World of Warcraft, Heart of the Swarm and Diablo 3. The conference won’t be livestreamed, but VG247 will be attending gamescom as usual and will let you know what comes out of this. Thanks, D’toid.

1. Pytox

diablo 3 expansion for pc?

#1 12 months ago
  2. MFBB

#1 yeah they are working on it.

At least 2 AddOns for Diablo 3 are planned.

I hope it makes the game better and changes things, I would like to play it but its just not as much fun as Diablo 2 was.

#2 12 months ago
  3. bradk825

Hopefully they will announce XB1 and PS4 will get D3. It would be kind of retarded not to release it for next gen when for many gamers current gen is about to end.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Judicas

@3 They announced it for ps4 at the ps4 reveal, they haven’t announced it for xbone but they have told retailers to take preorders for d3 on xbone

#4 12 months ago
  5. Talkar

I highly doubt they’ll announce something like that at GamesCom.

I think they’ll announce the X1 version of D3, and then at Blizzcon we’ll see the announcement of the first D3 expansion, as well as Legacy of the Void, and Blizzard Dota.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Judicas

@5 I agree, they’ll also announce next wow expansion too I think

#6 12 months ago
  7. bradk825

@4 Oh, good then. I feel better.

I had seen it for pre-order on futureshop.ca but they have been jumping the gun offering pre-orders for things that were not taking them yet, like TB XO Seven and extra controllers for next-gen before final pricing was even announced, so I didn’t want to put much stock in it. If they have the go-ahead from Bliz though, that’s good news for me.

#7 12 months ago