Watch Dogs trailer shows in-game Aisha Tyler getting hit by a truck

Tuesday, 30th July 2013 21:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Watch Dogs has a new video making the rounds in which comedienne, actress, model, gamer, and Ubisoft E3 spokesperson Aisha Tyler stars. In the video, her digital-self is walking down the street chatting away on her phone – the call is being monitored – before she steps too close to what looks like a trash truck barreling down the road. Poor Aisha. Watch below. Game’s out in North American November 19, in Europe on November 21, and the UK receives it on November 22.

1. Dark

PS2 graphics , wtf?

#1 1 year ago
  2. _LarZen_

I see I am not the only one reacting to the gfx. This look’s dated compared to what we have seen before?

#2 1 year ago
  3. TD_Monstrous69

This almost makes up for Ubisoft’s E3 press conference.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

That’s probably what it looks like on current gen. Funny they can’t even get the main character to keep his hands in his pockets.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

Seriously WTF did i just i witness? Did the graphics take a hit? Did i just suffer through a sterotypical conversation? Getting run over by a trunk is very similar to what i did in GTA IV.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

@Steph
    Is it comedian or “comedienne”?
    I read it as come die nne or think of come dine with me ;)

#6 1 year ago
  7. jmg24bad

GTA5 looks better than this. (Yes it is the ps3 version)

#7 1 year ago
  8. Stephany Nunneley

@6 That is the term for a female “entertainer, joke maker”, but did you know that already and are just poking me or something?

#8 1 year ago
  9. NeoSquall

Yeah this must be the “current gen” version of the game, anyway even GTA V looks shit like this on the trailers, maybe a little bit better because the RAGE is probably better known to its developers than the new “forgotitsname” engine Ubisoft created for Watch_Dogs.

#9 1 year ago
  10. RocknRolla

When I pick up this game I am going to kill that bitch the first chance I get, even before that truck does the job lol :D mohahaha :D

#10 1 year ago
  11. Lengendaryboss

@Steph
    No I haven’t come across the term before: due to the fact that the TV here is usually dominated by male entertainers/joke makers.

Poking you? Me? I would never, I feel offended that you would suggest such a thing :P

EDIT: looked it up, apparently its a female term for comedian which i didn’t know. You Steph get brownie points for that insight :)

#11 1 year ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

We got an evil mastermind in the house ;)

#12 1 year ago
  13. Fin

If anyone hasn’t seen it, please watch Archer. First three seasons on Netflix. It’s brilliant.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Beta

It doesn’t just look current gen, it looks early current gen. o.O

Plumping for the PS4 version then. :P

#14 1 year ago
  15. Moonwalker1982

And this video was made…..for…what reason again? This is just dumb as hell. And yes, every video i’ve seen this year looks a whole lot worse compared to the E3 video last year.

#15 1 year ago
  16. YoungZer0

@13: Oh my, that’s the voiceactress for Lana Kane? Awesome. Didn’t know that.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Beta

Character models make me think of PS Home for some reason.

#17 1 year ago
  18. YoungZer0

It definitely doesn’t look like this:

#18 1 year ago
  19. Digital Bamboo

@13 YUP. Great show. Though those who are easily offended should stay away.

@15 I think it was meant to be funny. But the timing & angles were a bit off, also, no music. The original Borderlands intro was a lot more effective.

OK, crazy conspiracy theory here: What if, in an effort to increase next gen system sales (in order to lessen the risk/increase the profit of future titles on said new systems) Ubisoft, (and other cross-gen releasing companies) intentionally made the current gen versions look dated, so that the difference between the two versions would appear more pronounced, and the purchase of Watch Dogs as a next gen title would seem justified in the consumers mind.

With the huge install base of current systems, most big titles are going to sell well, but publishers must be concerned about the future install base of the next gen systems that their new expensive projects will be releasing on in 2014 & beyond. There is no guaruntee that the new systems will sell enough to make AAA releases profitable in the first few years, so why not nudge people forward by making the current gen appear more dated & the next gen better than it actually is by comparison?

#19 1 year ago
  20. NeoSquall

@19 I think the easiest reason would be that the new engine was built as next gen first, then they had to scrap it down heavily to make it fit on the PS3 and 360 systems.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Major Mayhem 70

Guess I’ll be downloading this game on the next gen console if the graphics are going to be leaps and bounds better than the current generation.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Metroid455

Ahh Im pretty sure the PS3/360/Wii U are more capable than this. Are they intentionally making the current gen versions look dated? Surely Ubisoft must realize than the majority if sales for Watch Dogs are going to be PS3/360, they do know this right?

Im going to be laughing my butt off if the current gen versions of AC4 looks better than this (^-^)

#22 1 year ago
  23. Bowser

I guess I just don’t care much about graphics because it looks fine to me.

Diminishing returns, I don’t care much about the PS4/XB1 gen switch because PS3/360 games, again, look just fine to me.

#23 1 year ago
  24. lubu

it’s something between current and next-gen version of the game.
    some lighting and physics and DOF looks next-gen ish, more than current gen power, and the most looks like current gen graphics, low textures and NPCs & ….
    at the first few seconds look at main character’s hands, they are not in his pocket (bug ?), so looks like no apex or such applied there

#24 1 year ago
  25. Aullah

Current gen owners will be so pissed. Cant wait…

#25 1 year ago
  26. NeoSquall

@22 start laughing then, because AC4 is a current gen game on a current gen engine, while Watch_Dogs is blatantly a next gen game on a next gen engine.
    It’s like they’re in opposite positions in the “trans-generation” spectrum.

#26 1 year ago
  27. Biscuitpants

thick cunts yous like, guessing yous dont learn from far cry 3s e3 experience, still think this game is gunna end up being shit

#27 1 year ago
  28. Clupula

@6 – Really? You’ve never heard the term comedienne before. I hear it every time Sarah Silverman gets interviewed.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Lengendaryboss

Well now I have, it is a term I rarely hear echoed on the TV or is a term i hear used in personal life.

#29 1 year ago
  30. Clupula

@30 – I think I first heard it in the 80′s, to describe Joan Rivers.

#30 1 year ago
  31. Creteck

For those complaining about the graphics. This is a shot of the game from 2008 according to Kotaku:

And its not looking that bad. To much dark colors, but it dosent look that bad.

#31 1 year ago
  32. YoungZer0

@32: No, it isn’t. Learn to read.

#32 1 year ago
  33. Creteck

@33 aaaah, okey then. Made me wonder how the game could have looked that polished for being in just a years development or something like that.

#33 1 year ago
  34. deathm00n

In this trailer not only Aisha Tyler was hit by a truck, so did the graphics.

Late joke.

#34 1 year ago
  35. Lengendaryboss

This is all i’ll give you.

#35 1 year ago