Castlevania: Lords of Shadow PC demo drops tomorrow

Tuesday, 30th July 2013 02:39 GMT By Brenna Hillier

A PC demo for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will become available on Steam tomorrow, MercurySteam announced on Facebook today. The full game finally debuts on PC on August 28. A sequel, Lords of Shadow 2, is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in November; MercurySteam is eager to show off its work without Hideo Kojima’s input.

1. TheWulf

Huh. Going to take a look at that. Thanks for the heads up, Brenna.

#1 9 months ago
  2. Osric

I’m sure this version is going to fix everything console versions had as weak points. Hopefully MGS references will be removed too (those felt so fanatically forced in). And those pre-rendered flashback cutscenes too, let’s get this 100% REAL TIME, please. Loved the original game despite its huge defects… just sold it so I can buy this one through lovable Steam. XD

#2 9 months ago
  3. Blackened Halo

I cant wait for the demo :))

#3 9 months ago
  4. backup

so early for PC pirates :P

#4 9 months ago
  5. loki

Another total fail PC port, but idiots will be happy

#5 9 months ago
  6. Dave Cook

@5 Have you played it?

#6 9 months ago
  7. HauntaVirus

@4 No. @5 How are you so sure?

#7 9 months ago
  8. Jerykk

I don’t understand why people keep trying to have rational debates with loki and backup. They are established trolls. A quick glance at their post history makes it all too obvious if their standalone, inflammatory comments somehow weren’t enough. They aren’t interested in discussion, they simply want to get a rise out of anyone gullible enough to take the bait.

If you’ve been visiting this site for more than a day, you should know this.

#8 9 months ago
  9. backup

because they are Jerykk

#9 9 months ago
  10. NeoSquall

I’ll certainly give it a spin, but I won’t purchase it before a sale because I already have the PS3 CE, and haven’t even finished it yet…

#10 9 months ago
  11. Eliv

Let’s hope it does have proper PC controls instead of forcing you to get a controller like Dark Souls

#11 9 months ago
  12. _LarZen_

@11 A game like that is horrible with standard PC controls. I just tested the demo and it’s nice, a controller is a must tho.

#12 9 months ago