Warframe studio would “be silly not to consider” the game for Xbox One since self-publishing reversal

Saturday, 27th July 2013 15:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Warframe developer Digital Extremes said last week it would like to released its shooter on Xbox One, but it would depend on the firm’s indie publishing policy. OXM followed up its original chat with the firm after Microsoft announced self-publishing on the console, and VP of publishing Meridith Braun said the firm is “happy to see Microsoft shift its attitude” on independent development. “We’d be silly not to consider Warframe for Xbox One now. The system itself will be awesome and now the landscape of games that it supports has just become limitless. Exciting times.” Microsoft is expected to discuss these policies more during gamescom.

1. lexph3re

Then the only this that would be a question is how will the free 2 play aspect work? Will it be exclusive to Gold? Will they make it that you need psn+ to play on ps4 for console parity? Will they have the same update options ?

#1 12 months ago
  2. Hcw87

Both consoles require a paid sub for multiplayer. This is a multiplayer title.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Yoshi

@2 PS4 doesn’t require PSN+ for free2play games though. Unless (I believe) the dev chooses to.

#3 12 months ago
  4. lexph3re

@3 yup which makes me wonder if they will implement it just for parity to publish. Remember this gen MS had a policy that all games released on their system as a multiplayform must have parity to others. So I wonder if we will get that lowest common denominator again like this gen. Would suck if the console free 2 play model gets hinder to subscriptions to the console as well as micro transactions in the game.

#4 12 months ago
  5. actuallyisnotafox

@3 my guess is they probably wont because even though ps plus is going to be like £3 something a month, a free to play game is more appealing when theres no strings attached :p (to me anyway)

#5 12 months ago
  6. TheWulf

Cool! I hope they have shared servers. I’m hoping that one day consoles will finally take the last few steps they need too to gain all of the benefits that open platform users (like PC owners) have. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

I’m happy for you guys. Warframe is a pretty okay game. And some of those Warframes are sexy.

#6 12 months ago
  7. melonbuster1

Lol everything sony has is gone or going

#7 12 months ago