Fri, Jul 26, 2013 | 06:55 BST
Escape Goat 2 due in September
Escape Goat 2 is available for pre-order ahead of its release in September.
Fans were alerted to the upcoming September 10 release via creator Ian Stocker’s Twitter.
Escape Goat 2 can be pre-ordered for $8 through a Humble Bundle checkout.
The sequel features multi-rooms maps and puzzles, and Metroidvania-style re-exploration of places you’ve previously visited.
Here’s the official blurb and selling points:
“A mysterious mechanized forest, an abandoned cathedral, and nine other regions connected to the Stronghold. Explore a new world of puzzles, traps, mechanisms and mystery in Escape Goat 2.
You may have escaped the Prison of Agnus and freed the captive sheep within, but now that the sheep have chosen to enter a new prison, you find yourself on a new rescue mission. Why have the sheep willingly given up their freedom, and for that matter why have you? The answers await in the Stronghold.”
- What’s New in Escape Goat 2?
- Fully hand-illustrated, HD graphics by Randy O’Connor (Waking Mars)
- Amazing new atmospheric lighting and shadow effects
- New world map layout with branching pathways and secret routes
- 100 rooms to explore
- New gadgets including one-way doors, chain-driven elevators, movable switches and more