Kinect Sports Rivals delayed into 2014

Thursday, 25th July 2013 23:42 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Previously expected as an Xbox One launch title, Kinect Sports Rivals has been pushed back.

Polygon reports the Rare title is now expected in northern spring 2014.

It had been down for a holiday 2013 release, in the Xbox One’s launch window; the new console releases in November.

Rare will use the extra time for necessary polishing, but it will still be on show at PAX prime and gamescom next month.

Kinect Sports Rivals is expected to be soemthing of a showcase for the new version of Kinect, which is described as far more accurate than the Xbox 360′s. It will have climbing, wake racing, soccer, target shooting, bowling and tennis.

1. Pytox

all the hardcore will be devastated

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

So there is absolutely no point of having Kinect in the box at launch?

I thought this was going to be the best title to showcase it, so now, it seems stupid to have it in the box and have practically zero tiles that it can be used with? (And no, voice commands in dead rising 3 don’t count…)

#2 1 year ago
  3. DeVitowned

I’d rather it be delayed than them releasing a piece of unfinished crap.

#3 1 year ago
  4. melonbuster1

I preordered it. .but take your time and make sure that you bring the best game you can. . Because sony has only 2 games so it’s no rush

#4 1 year ago
  5. Major Mayhem 70

I didn’t preorder it and probably won’t get it but I agree, they should get it right instead of pushing out something that is flawed or unpolished.

#5 1 year ago
  6. OlderGamer

Makes me wonder if there is a problem with the gameplay or a Kinect related issue. Maybe it isn’t as good as they say?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Major Mayhem 70

Could be the case.. Because they are packing it in every box, I really feel the Kinect is the link that will make or break the X1. We’ll see soon enough.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

@Monkey
    I thought it was pointless anyway: so what other showcases are there for Kinect?

#8 1 year ago
  9. bradk825

I just pre-ordered this game yesterday, pretty bummed it’ll be late, but I’d rather it be late than buggy. I don’t want to have another experience like Defiance.

#9 1 year ago
  10. sg1974

Oh Rare. What have they done to you?

#10 1 year ago