Battlefield 4′s Battlelog explained in new video

Thursday, 25th July 2013 15:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Battlefield 4′s Battlelog will allow users to whip out their tablets so as to make use of a dynamic mini-map. This can be used for tracking statistics during matches, or to find out what friends are playing.

In the video posted below, producer Oskar Gabrielson discusses how users can log in to Battlelog on their mobiles or tablets to change loadouts, set attack points on the map, or join a server.

Battlefield 4 will be available October 29 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and will also be made available for PS4 and Xbox One once the consoles launch.

1. powerbuoy

Looks good! I like this new second screen thing more and more devs are doing.

#1 1 year ago
  2. JackThomas

Battlefield 4 is basically Battlefield 3.5

It looks exactly the same!

Tell me I’m not the only one.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Tavarish

@1 As long that “second screen as real time map” -function also can be used on PC’s second screen and not just some tablet gimmick.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

@3: Yeah, I’d love that. Still hate that you have to use the browser though.

#4 1 year ago
  5. bradk825

CoD Elite is going to have to step up their game.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Jaytheking69

@1 Same here, in commander mode it must be quite useful.

@3 From what I saw, you need a touch interface to properly use it. So, basically tablets, smartphone only.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Hcw87

The more i see of Commander mode, the more i hate it.

Radar scan/UAV has no place in competitive multiplayer.
    Also kill off K/D allready, as it has no place in teamplay-based games.

#7 1 year ago
  8. CaptPierce

They had the same thing in BF2 when they had Commander Mode, along with Vehicle drops and artillery strikes, ALL of which were capable of being destroyed by the enemy.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Kyle Jackson

@2 You’re not the only one, but you are wrong.

#9 1 year ago
  10. totallysane

Honestly I have yet to see a leaderboard that some hacker hasn’t managed to get on top of without doing anything. So unless that is tracked that is of no interest to me but the game does look great

#10 1 year ago
  11. silverstorm

I hope they fixed that really frustrating random disconnects while playing coop on bf3.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Stilvan

@2 I see where you’re coming from, but since Call of Duty has been pulling that same trick for what, five versions now? I think we can let DICE go on this one.

#12 1 year ago