Xbox One: Microsoft’s UK game RRP set at £50

Wednesday, 24th July 2013 10:24 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One games will come with a £49.99 RRP tag in the UK, Microsoft has confirmed.

OXM reports that the prices have been set over on Microsoft’s online store and will likely be reduced once the games hit retailers.

Pat’s also just nudged me to say that Xbox One games will RRP at €69.99 in France and other quarters of Europe. Thanks to JCC_Xboxygen on Twitter for the tip.

So far, the RRP applies to Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5 and Kinect Sports: Rivals.

What do you make of the pricing above?

1. KineticCalvaria

Hopefully this should mean £20-30 for current-gen games and then £40 for next-gen.

No way am I going to pay a full £50 for a game.

#1 1 year ago
  2. TheBlackHole

Seems reasonable. Nice to see it’s only £5 over where prices usually are now.

#2 1 year ago
  3. GetUpKidAK

@2 Please tell me you don’t usually pay £45 for new games?

#3 1 year ago
  4. DrDamn

Presumably this is MS published titles and not EA and Ubisoft who already have an RRP of £55 for current gen releases? I want to see digital pricing too.

#4 1 year ago
  5. G1GAHURTZ

I plan on going 100% digital, next gen.

Discs are old hat.

#5 1 year ago
  6. CPC_RedDawn

@5 WELCOME TO 2005!!!

Being a PC gamer in the past eight years I have brought maybe two retail boxed games and even then it was at a discount price.

#6 1 year ago
  7. bradk825

“Bear in mind that the RRP is usually high and then brought down once games hit store shelves. It’s likely then, that Xbox One games will cost the same as new current Xbox 360 releases.”

Probably true. Prices are holding the line in North America.

#7 1 year ago
  8. stevenhiggster

That’s the RRP of current games anyway, but no where sells them for that.

#8 1 year ago
  9. MrWaffles

70€ = holy shit

#9 1 year ago
  10. G1GAHURTZ

@6:

Yeah, I’m already all digital on PC, but it hasn’t really been possible on console before, so I’m pretty hyped for that.

#10 1 year ago
  11. mistermogul

It’s been a very long time since I paid £50 for a game.

Probably Goldeneye and Mario 64 were the last in fact!

#11 1 year ago
  12. Kreion

Tbh, it’s rare you even see games sell for the RRP. That’s nearly always crossed out and whatever the company wants to sell it at, it will sell it at to make a profit haha.

I’ll wait and see if this actual holds water before complaining xD

#12 1 year ago
  13. Digital Bamboo

That’s nothing. I paid $99.99 for Super Mario RPG in ’96. That would equal $160 in today’s dollars (after tax).

At the time, I only made $16 a week for my paper route. Now I feel old.

#13 1 year ago