Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn gets 723 beta screens

Wednesday, 24th July 2013 10:37 GMT By Dave Cook

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn has received a 723-screen gallery from the MMO’s third beta phase. Check them all out here if you have the time.

Compiled by DualShockers, the gallery has been embedded over on the site’s preview here if you fancy a look.

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn launches August 27 on PC and PS3.

1. locus2k1

Hey Dave, did SE say phase 4 begins this weekend?!? if so, schweeet!

#1 9 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 indeed man, it’s the final phase. I’m getting involved.

#2 9 months ago
  3. locus2k1

Coolio, ever need any tips I’d be happy to help :D Legacy member so looking forward to import my character in and spend the first couple of hours re-arranging my inventory lol

#3 9 months ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 nice :D Yeah that’d be good man. I’m only at the first camp outside the city. Where should I explore next so I don’t get killed horribly?

#4 9 months ago
  5. viralshag

I’m defo going to give this a go as I missed it the first time around which was probably a good thing.

Is it too late to join the last beta weekend?

#5 9 months ago
  6. locus2k1

Phase 4 will begin from scratch AFAIK, but if you plan to continue post-launch everything you do now will be saved. Whichever class you pick will decide your starting zone, and your best bet will do all the local quests, as they will always guide you towards where to xp next.

Also, be sure to pick up the Storyline quests when they appear (they have a fire-y symbol as the quest marker), they will eventually unlock the airship pass (god-send) and retainers to help sell your goods on the market. You will also eventually join a grand company via the story line, and once you join one every FATE you complete will earn you seals you can then spend on GC equipment, which is always pretty good for their level range.

Each camp has Guildleves (FFXIV Dailies effectively) to unlock, and they always give you an idea of the level range in that area to help you. The same can be said about the Hunting Log (either unlocked by starting job quest on one of the first couple of storyline quests), its a great way of knowing where to go next if you want to grind xp.

Finally, which ever class you choose will have a class quests every 5 levels, so head back to your starter city to pick up every time, they will reward both equipment and abilities you cannot get with regular leveling.

And of course enjoy playing :D

#6 9 months ago
  7. locus2k1

@5 I think the beta signups ended a couple of days ago :( keep an eye on eurogamer.net and novcrystallis.com both have released keys before for other phases so you might get lucky :)

#7 9 months ago
  8. viralshag

@7, Thanks. It is only a month from release anyway so I can probably wait. I’m currently playing the FireFall beta which I’m enjoying so that will tide me over for now! ;)

#8 9 months ago
  9. stockops3

Anyone got a spare code? I’m desperate to try it! Cheers!

#9 9 months ago
  10. VampiricPadraig

@2 Source? Because I am not seeing anything on the forums or anywhere (Unless, you have direct contact with YoshiP)

#10 9 months ago
  11. shoji

Hi @davecook Open Beta starts after 8th August 2013, after the Live Producer Letter which is slated for 8th August. so Open Beta may start between 9th august ~ 13 august.

#11 9 months ago
  12. mireichama

@11 Yes, those dates I’m familiar with. Haven’t gotten any notification from the forums or an e-mail from Square Enix saying Phase 4 is starting earlier so I’m wondering where this info is coming from.

#12 9 months ago
  13. Akira_Tenshi

There is no beta this weekend not sure where you got that information from. Phase 4 is not due to start until around mid August.

#13 9 months ago
  14. Viremi

@Dave Cook

Please change this information regarding Phase 4 Open Beta this weekend unless you have a reputable source. We do not want conflicting information. Open beta Phase 4 has not been announced on any forum official to Square or FF14:ARR, and if you do have information, it would be best to wait for official announcements before posting.

As far as the community is aware, we are awaiting Live Letter from the Producer VIII coming early August (August 8th I believe) for more information of P4 and Early Access.

Thank you.

#14 9 months ago
  15. ivycrew707

Seems pretty believable, game releases on Aug 27…..a phase 4 open beta in mid-august would seem a little off no?

#15 9 months ago
  16. fencingkitty

They are releasing the character creator and new benchmark August 1st. Between that knowledge and that we have a live letter on the 8th like folks have mentioned I highly doubt open phase 4 is starting this weekend. Please state your source since no one has seen it announced on the beta forum and correct if it is not confirmed.

Stating open beta will be this weekend to folks that aren’t aware of the sign up process or have been following along could be hurt by a supposed delay. This game doesn’t need bad PR like that : /

#16 9 months ago
  17. EnkiduV3

Yeah… in the future you should really add a source for where you got your information from. A few people have pointed it out already, but without a reputable source I refuse to believe that phase 4 of the beta starts this weekend.

It may seem petty, but if you are wrong about this… I really can’t trust any news that you post, can I? Being a trustworthy source of information is a very big deal, especially with how many other sites we could go to for our news. Please give us a source so we can continue to trust VG247 over all other sites.

#17 9 months ago
  18. Rosseu

Go easy on Dave, guys :) I’m not sure about phase 4, but open beta should be in 15 days?

#18 9 months ago
  19. derptastic

Lol what a troll.

#19 9 months ago
  20. EnkiduV3

From the Producer of FFXIV:ARR on 7/14:
    “YoshiP: August 1st, release the character creator benchmark… then about two weeks play with that all you like… The 8th Producer Live Letter! will be held in August 8th. After that there’s the β4, then the early access. After that I need to go to Gamescom. Finally August 27th, Shibuya, launch event.”

No exact date, but it’s not until after 8/8.

#20 9 months ago
  21. MUSH

Interesting to know that the character creator benchmark will be the August 1st, I miss that info =)

BTW I confirm that Beta 4 will not be until August 8th.

#21 9 months ago