Final Fantasy 7 live-action web series takes to Kickstarter

Tuesday, 23rd July 2013 08:22 GMT By Dave Cook

Final Fantasy 7 is getting the live-action treatment over on Kickstarter in Final Fantasy 7: The Web Series. Squaresoft’s iconic RPG is being turned into a series of episodes by a large team of 250 film-makers.

You may remember the above clip from last year. Well, the Italian team that made it has now paired with a Pittsburg studio called Shinra Productions LLC along with other teams. Together with movie professionals from around the globe they’re working on a full web series. They’ve just recently cast Tifa and Barret’s actors and they’re now looking to fund the project on Kickstarter.

The project will take a season-based format and will be available on YouTube for free with the aim of covering all of the memorable scenes from the PSone classic. The studio has secured the music rights to the game, and is getting help from across Hollywood studios, as well as input from TV professionals and people from many game studios.

At the time of writing the project has amassed $2,622 of its $400,000 goal with 29 days left.

Check out the mission statement video over on the Kickstarter and let us know what you think.

Thanks AGB.

1. Zana

Oh I love the smell of cease and desist in the morning.

#1 1 year ago
  2. viralshag

@1, I hope you’re right.

I have nothing against their effort but that looks pretty lame and I don’t want to see FF dragged down like that.

Spirits Within, while not the best film ever was still watchable to me. Advent Children, brilliant and done right. Unless it’s made like that where they can go truly wild with the combat scenes – I just don’t want to know.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Jet Black

Not a great advertisment to gain funding, it looks really amateur & unprofessional. Best left being animated/CG & in the hands of Square Enix…

#3 1 year ago
  4. FabioPal

@1 You made my day sir! :)

#4 1 year ago
  5. Gojira77

What?! This looks really good for a web-series type thing. Girl squenting too much at the sun was the only problem i had with it, everything else was gold.
    Especially how the camera stayed low n panned down the sword, and Cloud grabs it. Yea, i’d watch this.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Vice

Goddam, that’s the ugliest Aerith I’ve ever seen! I don’t want this to be made. Ev-er.

#6 1 year ago