UK Charts: The Last of Us bags 6th consecutive week at top

Monday, 22nd July 2013 10:21 GMT By Dave Cook

The Last of Us has dominated the top of the UK gaming charts for a sixth consecutive week, fending off competition from newcomer Dynasty Warriors 8.

Here’s the chart in full:

• The Last Of Us
  • Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  • Mario And Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Luigi’s Mansion 2
  • Grand Theft Auto Episodes – Liberty City
  • Red Dead Redemption: GOTY
  • Lego The Lord Of The Rings
  • The Sims 3: Island Paradise

1. dravenkaze

Great game, but dont think it can stay at the top much longer

#1 12 months ago
  2. SameeR_Fisher

^^ Even if so, staying at no.1 for 6 whole weeks is pretty damn amazing, It will probably stay in the top 10 for quite some time.

#2 12 months ago
  3. VIVANRED

#1 . it doesn’t matter how many copies it’s going to sell from now that things is matter is that it’s fantastic game and we most to say congratulation ND for your great game .

#3 12 months ago
  4. Clupula

And I still have yet to get a copy, so that’s one future sale right there.

#4 12 months ago
  5. orakaa

Finished the game this week end. As a father of two girls, it’s been quite an emotional ride to play this game.
    The gameplay, without being bad, was quite generic, but it wasn’t the point.

The game is brilliantly written and really makes you care about its characters, in a way I’ve seen only a few other games do so. It’s a well deserved success. My only complaint about the game is the fact that infected were definitely not such a huge threat compared to humans and it changes a lot of things about the overall story, perception of the main outcomes of the plot and universe (can’t say more without spoiling). We could have seen very little of the infected but make them way more dangerous/deadly.

#5 12 months ago
  6. GK

i didn’t buy it to,because i have what to play.but later i gonna buy this monster from ND :) and this game excliusive.if its be multi,its be like nr.1 untill GTA5.

#6 12 months ago
  7. VibraniumSpork

@5 “The gameplay, without being bad, was quite generic, but it wasn’t the point.”

I think you’re right, though for my two cents I’ll add that I thought the worst criticism that could be leveled against it was that gameplay-wise it just felt like a re-skinned Uncharted with a variation on the enemy types (which, engine-wise, is probably true). Still, when the worst that can said about a game is that it reminds you of Uncharted, things ain’t all that bad ^_^

#7 12 months ago
  8. Belazur

Gameplay-wise it was perfect for a “Survival-Horror Adventure Game”.
    There shouldn’t be “platforming” or “beyond retarded puzzles” without any reason.
    You are in a “wasteland” and you have to survive.
    The gameplay in TLOU was perfect for it.

For me, it was the best game I’ve ever played.
    I was exhausted at the end (when then credits started).
    Man…. so SO good.

Well deserved success, Naughty Dog.
    Simply amazing!

#8 12 months ago
  9. Beta

Thrilled to see this doing well :)

I’m always happy when a legitimately good game is at No.1

#9 12 months ago
  10. polygem

i might sound like a broken record but the multiplayer in this game is one of the best (shooter) ones this gen had to offer. i am dead serious about it and i played all the cod´s, bf´s, gears of wars and halo´s.
    might take some time to adjust to the pacing and the clunkyness but once it clicked it´s addictive as hell and fun.
    sure, this is a very different game to the ones i listed but that´s exactly what makes it so great.

naughty dog delivered in the mp department big time and i cannot wait for dlc.

enjoyed my first playthrough of the campaign. well written. great game, but wasn´t wowed by the gameplay. playing on survivor now and it´s much much better.

i wish i´d played on a harder difficulty right from the start – adds so much more tension to the game.

#10 12 months ago
  11. wildBoar

Personally I think the gameplay is perfect as well. It’s soooooooooo satisfying when you manage to score a headshot on an enemy that’s rushing at you. Or those moments when there’s a 3 v 1, you get a hostage, blast the two others in the face as they’re freaking out, then casually bootstomp your hostage to finish off a perfect encounter.

Rushing people with a pipe has never been more fun in a game.

#11 12 months ago
  12. polygem

@11: i partly agree…rushing people with a morning star in dark souls is some great videogame head crush melee action as well…i also love the pipe in hotline miami.

#12 12 months ago
  13. DeVitowned

I think you missed the point there. The game showed humanity WAS the biggest threat. The infection became the norm, it was the depraved depths the human race sunk to that became the true horror.

#13 12 months ago
  14. RocknRolla

Best game ever created deserves top placements until next game from Naughty dog comes out.. no doubt!

#14 12 months ago
  15. orakaa

@13: well maybe you missed my point then.
    I am not saying the fact humanity was the biggest threat was a problem, I’m saying that the infected, as depicted were maybe not enough of a threat to justify 1- the state of the world as it is and 2- it lowered the impact of the decisions and outcomes surrounding the end of the game.
    They are a threat that can very easily be dealt with (in game).

This is why I said I would have been fine with humanity as the biggest threat, and much less infected appearing in the game, but have them more dangerous when they appear (they are by far the easiest enemies to deal with in the game and it takes away some of the tension unfortunately).

Again I am NOT saying the game is bad. On the contrary it is excellent and I absolutely loved it. I’m just saying that this is a small flaw, to me.

#15 12 months ago
  16. Mjorh

Congrats 2 ND!
    The game that makes u regret not having the PS3!

#16 12 months ago