Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn nominated for an Emmy

Friday, 19th July 2013 14:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, the live-action series, has been nominated for an Emmy by the Academy of Television Art & Sciences. It’s been nominated for Outstanding Main Title Design, and will go up against HBO’s Newsroom, FX’s American Horror Story: Asylum, Starz’ Da Vinci Demons (what?), CBS’ Elementary, the Sherlock Holmes series set in a modern-day with Lucy Liu, and History Channel’s Vikings. The 2013 Emmy Awards will air on Sunday, September 22 at 8pm EST on CBS. Thanks, D’toid.

1. TF_PtMaster

Stephany, Da Vinci Demons is a fantastic TV Show.

All the nominees, are really good. My favorite is Vikings.

#1 1 year ago
  2. YoungZer0

I hope Vikings wins this, the intro is simply badass.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I tried watching the first two episodes, but there were just too many wangs and boobs to be honest for my taste. At least Game of Thrones has context to it (although it borders on soft core at times) but I felt Starz was just trying to be provocative for the sake of it. I can always try it again. I’m open-minded.

EDIT: Mind you I am not a prude or anything! :p

#3 1 year ago
  4. bradk825

I had to google what Outstanding Main Title Design is, turns out it’s just the opening credits.

I watched it all together as a TV movie instead of in episodes. It was kind of entertaining but I was suprised to see the headline, but if it’s just for graphic design I guess that’s not so shocking.

#4 1 year ago
  5. YoungZer0

@3: Wangs and boobs? Suddenly I’m interested. Considering it’s by Starz, the guys and gals behind Spartacus, I’m not surprised to hear this.

I don’t understand how it fits the context though. Violence and Sex definitely fit into Spartacus, but Da Vinci?

#5 1 year ago
  6. TF_PtMaster

@3 I understand you. I had the same problem, but i’m a history guy, and this is a very interesting period of european history. and the good news is, the show evolves, and the second half of the season show us a little bit of Da Vinci we know from history.

Sure we can’t compare Da Vinci Demons with Game of Thrones hehe

@5 Who do you think Da Vinci was? A guy in a lab, or in is room doing futuristic designs?. He was one of the greatest sword mans in Florence, is ability to fight with booth right and left made him a great fighter. Besides in this period of history, Florence was not in the good graces of the Pope, and they fought a lot. The very first weaponry developed by Da Vinci was to fight Pope’s soldiers and defend Florence.

Edit: I agree with you Vikings intro is the best. But Elementary is really cool and original.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Astral Frost

Well, it certainly wasn’t going to go to acting or cinematography.

#7 1 year ago
  8. psychedelic ninja

@6 You’re joking right? The TV show is a highly romanticised version of Leonardo’s life. I hope you’re joking because if you aren’t it answers the question of how people are terrible with historical facts.

#8 1 year ago