Soul Calibur: Lost Swords trademark filed by Namco in North America

Thursday, 18th July 2013 13:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

It looks as though the Lost Swords trademark filed by Namco in Europe last week has also been filed in North America as well. It’s for Soul Calibur: Lost Swords, so take a bow Dark, you had it right. Under goods and services it says the title is for “computer game programs” so there’s not format listed. We expect more information to be revealed in due course. Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Lengendaryboss

“Vomputer?” Steph? Sounds like a computer you vomit on :)

#1 1 year ago
  2. deathm00n

@1 “The Vomputer” a good idea for saints row 4 lol

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

^They’ve had to pay me first :P

#3 1 year ago
  4. Stephany Nunneley

Christ the piss taking is starting early.

#4 1 year ago
  5. SplatteredHouse

I’ll take a punt at 3DS as being the platform for this one.

#5 1 year ago
  6. xino

please be an Action Adventure and not a fail Soul Calibur Legends

#6 1 year ago
  7. salarta

Ah, the illustrious vomputer. I remember my first vomputer. Cost me a good penny.

Anyway, I’m not touching this thing if it doesn’t have Sophitia and Taki back as the major storyline and playable characters they should be. I’m also much less likely to bother with it if it’s created primarily as an excuse to justify their awful roster changes they made in SC5 and give a “reason” for getting rid of Sophitia and Taki in the series.

Their roster changes for SC5 were complete and utter bullshit blatantly geared toward Daishi fulfilling his fanboy wet dreams, replacing characters he doesn’t like or respect for new ones of his imagining while keeping the ones he personally likes. The things he pulled were the exact opposite of why I had joined in his social media push to bring back the franchise, and actually made me far more willing to see the franchise laid to rest if the alternative is more like SC5.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

Come on Steph, someone has to keep you on your toes :)

Plus its really funny :P

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dark

BRING BACK TAKI AND SETSUKA OR NO BUY!!!

#9 1 year ago
  10. salarta

@9: Setsuka’s actually my favorite character of the franchise, but I don’t call for her return like I do with Sophitia and Taki because I know and accept that Setsuka isn’t a major iconic character of the franchise. Sophitia and Taki are, and because they had been around ever since the very first game, they had just as much reason as Mitsurugi and Siegfried to be around. And certainly a hell of a lot more reason than Ivy, Tira or any of the other women they decided to bring back.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Dark

Just Imagine if the lost swords being a reference to the removed characters

lol!

#11 1 year ago
  12. salarta

@11: I actually wouldn’t be surprised by that at all.

There are two ways this could go, one more likely than the other.

According to the utterly stupid time skip storyline they put down for SC5, both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge essentially disappeared from use in history for a good chunk of time; Soul Edge by breaking into multiple shards and Soul Calibur by simply no longer expressing its power for 17 years. Therefore, “Lost Swords” could mean “the time period when these swords weren’t players in the world.”

The other more likely case is that according to the once again stupid storyline of SC5, Soul Edge and Soul Calibur were seemingly destroyed at the end of SC5. In other words, a sequel that is very likely going to do a bunch of crap that a majority of fans never wanted or asked for, as demonstrated by SC5′s sales only reaching half the sales of SC4. And considering that SC4 was already disliked by fans in many respects, that says a lot.

Daishi did a superb job of making a Base Breaker game with SC5, and while I hope it’s not the case, so far it’s looking like he’s eager to keep the fanbase divided and give the company less reason to keep the series alive.

#12 1 year ago
  13. SplatteredHouse

Tira, Siegfried, Mitsurugi or no dance. SC5 was terribly focused, and the series has wavered following III.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Gregard

I hope it’s a next gen Soul Calibur game (VI)! SC always had great gfx as well, I want to see what they can do on the next gen consoles!

#14 1 year ago