Guild Wars 2 director takes a look ahead at 2013 content plans

Thursday, 18th July 2013 16:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Guild Wars 2 game director Colin Johanson has provided a preview of features and content coming to the MMO during the second half of 2013.

The releases will launch every two weeks, and include new skills and traits, rewards, an expanded crafting system from 400-500, and more.

“In January, we talked about where we wanted Guild Wars 2 to go in 2013,” said Johanson. “We’re a little over halfway through the year, and we felt it was time to give you an update on where we stand, where we’re going, and discuss in more detail some of the systems you’ll see in the second half of 2013”.

Highlights from the blog post which can be accessed here include:

Living World and the Two-Week Release Schedule
Progression Advancement
New Skill and Traits
Rewards – Champion, Dungeon Complete, Crafting Material and more!
New Crafting Tier
WvW and PvP

The latest update, Cutthroat Politics, will go live next week.

1. GrimRita

All we keep hearing lately is about content updates. Have the numbers tailed off so they are trying to entice people back?

#1 1 year ago
  2. KineticCalvaria

@1, no they’ve changed the release schedule so there is content coming out every 2 weeks now, hence why you keep hearing about it.

Don’t really know what you mean by ‘numbers’ anyway, its not sub-based and yes the active population is very healthy. Personally I love the game, but then again I played GW1 from launch and can’t fault ANet as a company.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Tronros

@1 I believe this was their plan all along. To keep players coming back and to spend more time in GW2 instead of tethering the player with a subscription fee. They did a great job with GW1 content, but I feel they will have to revamp the skill/build system and fix the Dungeons before I come back.

This real time events are great, but its hard to play it over and over if it only happens once.

#3 1 year ago
  4. KineticCalvaria

@3, It says in the full post above that new skills are coming so that should pretty much solve your build problem and its also been previously said that they are revamping dungeons soon.

#4 1 year ago
  5. GrimRita

Im going back in tonight, so any tips to make money are welcome haha and any guilds recruiting as I want to try and really dig deep into this beautiful looking game.

WvW is something that really ticks my box so I am excited about the changes and future changes

#5 1 year ago
  6. Tronros

@4 If they could fix those 2 things I can probably go back to playing Guild Wars 2 religiously like I did 1, but Anet has to put up before I shut up :)

As for now I am trying to keep my hype low for Wild Star

#6 1 year ago
  7. KineticCalvaria

@5, I can sort you out with a guild if you still need one over the weekend, as for money I would suggest map completion and do Citadel of Flame path 1 farm to begin with, although there’s plenty of methods, just down to personal preference. Also do the world bosses and sell the loot if it’s unusable by your character.

#7 1 year ago