You can use your gold PSN trophies to bid on PlayStation memorabilia

Wednesday, 17th July 2013 06:11 GMT By Phil Owen

Hey, so Sony is making your many hours playing games on your PS3 and Vita tangibly worth something in a series of auctions dubbed Bid for Greatness. The rub is that once you bid trophies, they are committed, and you can’t use them on anything else, so you have to be smart. The list of scheduled auctions and a video showing off the items are below.

7/16 Black Hand Outfit from Killzone: Shadow Fall
7/25 Captain Kenway’s Cutlass from Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
7/26 Dragonborn Sword from The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
7/27 Dragonborn Stalhrim Mace from The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
7/28 Witch Doctor Ceremonial Garb from Diablo 3
7/29 Helghast Sniper Outfit from Killzone: Shadow Fall
7/30 Captain Kenway’s Outfit from Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag

Auctions will begin at 1pm PDT every day, and once one starts the previous one ends. Go to bidforgreatness.com to have at it.

1. Digital Bamboo

That shield looks pretty badass, but I’d be worried about actually receiving any of those weapons through the mail, (not that I’m going to win any of them.)

#1 9 months ago
  2. Telepathic.Geometry

Well now… I have 113 gold trophies, maybe I can win something. /checks site

#2 9 months ago
  3. MFBB

Thats a cool idea, but 975 trophies for the current bid.

I think I have 2 trophies cause I played so much Demons Souls/Dark Souls, got them by accident :)

#3 9 months ago
  4. Kieran

there isint one thing in that video i wouldnt even have the slightest interest in !! who wears those things anyways ?? ud think they would add games or dlc or something

#4 9 months ago
  5. Telepathic.Geometry

Most of it’s shite, but you could sell it, or use it to score hot babes!

#5 9 months ago
  6. DGOJG

US only. Fucking typical.

#6 9 months ago
  7. freedoms_stain

US only, but since I only have 42 gold trophies it doesn’t matter.

#7 9 months ago
  8. ps3fanboy

i got 4500 gold but i dont go to cosparties. so i just keep my gold….

#8 9 months ago
  9. Hybridpsycho

It isn’t as much for wearing as it is for collecting, alot of games are obsessed with gathering collectible figurines, gear and even clothing.

I for one never trade-in physical game copies because I want to collect as many as possible of decent games. I also collect figurines and some other more expensive stuff :)

It’s a blast really, if I wasn’t in EU I’d sit myself down to gather a fuck ton of gold trophies to be able to bid.

#9 9 months ago
  10. lexph3re

Really people? Can’t enjoy the currency that they give you for something worthless into something salvageable

#10 9 months ago
  11. SplatteredHouse

Records suggest he amounted 6500 > 14000 gold trophies in a day…

#11 9 months ago