Capcom’s big Xbox Live sale discounts Street Fighter, Resident Evil & more

Tuesday, 16th July 2013 12:21 GMT By Dave Cook

Capcom has launched a big Xbox Live sale, shaving pounds off many games and franchises including Street Fighter, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil.

OXM has corralled the savings into a big list, so thank you for that folks.

Here’s the savings:

Resident Evil 5: Untold Stories Bundle – 480 Microsoft Points

Resident Evil 5: Versus Mode – 200 Microsoft Points

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – £11.99

Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3 – £11.99

See anything you like?

1. Ireland Michael

£11.99 for UMVK3 isn’t half bad. Anyone know if the game is still active online? If Evo was anything to go by, the game has quite the huge following.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 Love the game. I was playing it with my mates over beers at the weekend. Great times.

#2 1 year ago
  3. absolutezero

Heh Dark Void I remember you.

Lost Planet is great for that price, well the first one unless you have 3 friends willing to play the second.

Too bad I own nigh on every single last thing there. Apart from some of the Arcade Cabinet stuff.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Ireland Michael

@2 I must be the only person on the planet who preferred Lost Planet 2. I thought the multiplayer element was great, and the bosses are still some of the most fun I’ve ever had in a video game.

I’d be wary of the Arcade Cabinet, unless you know for a fact there’s something in there you want. Most of it is “Hey, we’ve got all this upmarketable arcade games, most of which weren’t even popular to begin with… we should at least do *something* with them, right guys?”

Think I might grab Asura’s Wrath as well. I know its absolutely brainless, but its practically the price of a cinema ticket and the stuff on there right now is probably even more so. =P

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dave Cook

@4 Nope, I’m the same, LP2 was amazing in co-op. So much fun.

#5 1 year ago
  6. DiodeX

Is LP2 a bit like Borderlands in that you really need to play it co op to get the best out of it?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Ireland Michael

@6 Its… hard to explain.

The game is technically always co-op. it just replaces real players with AI if you can’t find anyone. I definitely enjoy it more in co-op, but it has a very grindy element to it. There’s a *lot* of extra content beyond the main playthrough, tonnes of weapons and cosmetic upgrades and stuff, but it takes ages to unlock.

The highlights of the game are the boss battles. Multi part, huge scale bosses that take time, patience and team work to take out. They’re challenging and tense.

The game definitely isn’t for anybody. If you just want to do a straight playthrough, you won’t get much out of it. The main campaign isn’t particularly long or deep, and it barely has any story. The loot or levelling definitely isn’t as deep as Borderlands either, but its far more of a shooter than an RPG.

Try the demo before jumping into it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. cicekreyonum

I’m the same, LP2 was amazing in co-op. So much fun.

küptaş

#8 1 year ago
  9. DiodeX

I suppose at £4.49 you can’t go wrong and as for hard, Dark Souls hard?, playing it and still liking it(mostly) And as for getting the most out of a game, I certainly do that.
    Probably get both as I never played the 1st one.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Ireland Michael

@9 Nothing is Dark Souls hard, but you definitely need a team of competent players and a fair few upgrades for the higher difficulty levels. It has a shared “lives” system in each level, so bad players that don’t know how to stay alive can really compromise your chances of success.

It used to be that the AI would eat into your “lives” if they died as well, but they had the sense to patch that out in a later update because the AI can be as dumb as a brick sometimes.

Normal mode is easy enough (though some encounters are still quite challenging), but then, that’s why it’s not called hard mode.

The first and second game are completely different from each other, just for the record. LP1 is your classic Capcom Resident Evilish story structured adventure game, whereas LP2 is more akin to being Monster Hunter with guns – group play, large bosses, loot grinding, etc.

#10 1 year ago
  11. DiodeX

@10 Thanks for those tips, I think I shall purchase them later.
    Hopefully you can join with randoms ;)

#11 1 year ago