PS4, Xbox One pre-orders sold out at Amazon

Friday, 12th July 2013 00:03 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Amazon has already sold through its initial allocation stock of both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

“After a crazy and exciting month, we’ve sold through our initial allocations of PS4 and Xbox One,” the retailer wrote on Facebook.

“Thank you to all who have ordered and shared your opinions. We have the Standard Editions for both consoles still available, but we can’t guarantee these at release. Please check back here as we’ll update you first if we receive further release day allocations.”

When visiting Amazon US, you’ll now see a sold-out launch or day one edition for both consoles, as well as an available listing which isn’t guaranteed to arrive on release day.

Amazon UK still seems to have pre-orders available for PS4 and Xbox One.

GameStop has also sold through its allocation PS4 launch units, and Best Buy has run out of Xbox One pre-order slots.

Both consoles are due by the end of the year.

Thanks, OPM.

1. dkpunk

Glad I pre-ordered both a month ago.

#1 1 year ago
  2. AbbasKaviani

i love both of them :X

#2 1 year ago
  3. MCTJim

@1 exactly got them both pre-ordered

#3 1 year ago
  4. actuallyisnotafox

4 and a half months till it comes out.. i guess its good that it sold out, it shows its popular and gives other places the chance to have some sales :’)

#4 1 year ago
  5. MCTJim

I still think their will be shortages of day one consoles…hopefully they wont have any issues with having enough supply to meet demand. History will probably repeat itself.

#5 1 year ago
  6. ChunkyLover112

Why on earth have people pre orders the pshit?

#6 1 year ago
  7. For Blood

Why on Earth can’t people use proper grammar?

#7 1 year ago
  8. Clupula

I’m waiting until 2015, at least, to pick up a PS4. My PS3 has plenty of awesome stuff for this and next year, and I figure there will probably be a good twenty solid exclusives for the system by then.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Clupula

@7 – If you’ve ever watched Dethklok, I’m imagining his post in the voice of Swisgaar.

#9 1 year ago
  10. ChunkyLover112

#7: why on earth would someone be a fuckin grammar Nazi?

#10 1 year ago
  11. For Blood

Haha, now that you mention that, I can imagine it too.

#11 1 year ago
  12. For Blood

Because I see poor grammar in posts as a reflection of a person’s intelligence. I like to have my posts be correct and easy to read, so someone is not fighting to understand what is posted. Youtube is the biggest collection of poor grammar and spelling. There you need a decoder ring to understand what people are posting.

#12 1 year ago
  13. TD_Monstrous69

Well, there goes my idea of what 2 buy my younger brother 4 christmas, seeing as how it’s now sold out. Ah well, at least I got my PS4 reserved already.

#13 1 year ago
  14. fearmonkey

@9 I could hear Ps3fanboy and chunky saying to each other “Stop Copies me”

#14 1 year ago
  15. tracyis300

Glad i pre-ordered the day1 XB1 on day one of pre-ordering, Lol.. Probably pick up the PS4 sometime in the future.

#15 1 year ago
  16. M. K.

Really pre order on of these consoles on release? Seriously? I mean, sure the PS4 looks like the better console, but still has no great games to offer on release. Same goes for X1 which is in my opinion the worse choice.

This genereation is still running and still has a lot to offer. I can’t even tell you exactly how big my backlog is, although I was testing a lot of games and writing reviews over the past years.

I wont even think about buying one of them this year. I’m even thinking about buying a decent PC first.

#16 1 year ago
  17. natashaa

Most of those people who preordered still dont know where they gonna get the money from and most of them will cancel how can you preorder something and card is empty just to say or i preordered mines? Ugh!

#17 1 year ago
  18. natashaa

They betters preorder there standard versions cause they about to run out too alot of people still havent placed in there orders as yet!

#18 1 year ago
  19. tracyis300

Lol, sounds like the people that are complaining about pre-ordering are ether in there teens and have no job or just have no job.

#19 1 year ago
  20. backup

PS4 beating X1 everywhere

#20 1 year ago
  21. Uncontested

I should have pre-ordered a bunch, only ordered one for myself tho. I can already see supply/demand issues… Shame, eBay hawkers are gonna make a fortune the first week or two.

#21 1 year ago