Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to announce new head of Xbox Division as early as this week – report

Tuesday, 9th July 2013 18:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer may reorganize Microsoft as soon as Thursday, July 11, according to a report on AllThingsDigital.

The report states that Windows boss Julie Larson-Green will be in charge of hardware products, as previously rumored, with current head of the Windows Phone division, Terry Myerson, to be moved over into Windows development.

Other positions within the company which have to do with the more technical end along with IT and cloud servers were also mentioned in the report, which you can read through the link.

1. redwood

even Ps3fanboy can do a better job than Don at this point :) looking forward to this announcement.

#1 1 year ago
  2. MCTJim

Get someone with common sense really.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Get someone who can maintain his/her sanity really :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

What #2 said.

#4 1 year ago
  5. MCTJim

@3 are any of us really sane? LOL

#5 1 year ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

Well i am, can’t speak for anyone else.

#6 1 year ago
  7. The_Red

While Don wasn’t doing Xbox too many favors, I think most of the Xbox restrictions came from higher ups rather than Don alone. If anything, Ballmer could have influenced a lot of bad moves during Xbone reveal.

They have spent billions on the system so it makes sense of someone like Ballmer to get more involved and screw things up.

#7 1 year ago
  8. MCTJim

@6 I’m just as sane as the rest of the nuts on the tree LOL

#8 1 year ago
  9. Lord God King

no sign of ps3fanboy, maybe he has moved on with his life? good for him

#9 1 year ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

Careful, careful we mention him too much and he could turn up.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Lord God King

i’ve heard that if you say the name of He-Who-We-Do-Not-Speak-Of

three times in front of your mirror, he will emerge and drag you to hell or whatever.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Lloytron

I hate to break the embargo but I’m going to.

It’s me.

Yep, I said it, the news is out now. Steve asked me to do it a few days ago and I thought hey, yeah, why not, I couldn’t do a worse job than the previous guy!

#12 1 year ago
  13. bradk825

@10 I feel safer saying “Valdemort.”

I just hope they get someone who knows how to speak to humans. After Douchy Donny told us all to stick with Xbox 360 if we didn’t want to go online I just plain couldn’t like him anymore. I’m not even someone who had a problem with the DRM, I just was offended by his handling of it.

I’m sticking with Xbox despite the issues they had communication-wise, but I am still expecting them to continue listening to us and communicating things in an understandable way.

#13 1 year ago
  14. ps3fanboy

@9 Lord God King, i am still here. say my name one more times and i will make you wash steve balmmers butt!

#14 1 year ago