Pokémon X & Y 3DS XL units announced for Japan

Thursday, 4th July 2013 06:15 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Check out these sweet limited edition Pokémon X & Y-themed 3DS XL consoles heading to Japan – plus, here’s a new Japanese trailer.

Gematsu reports the two models are called Xerneas and Yveltal Blue and Premium Gold, and will cost ¥22,800 yen each.

They’ll come in either Pokémon X or Pokémon Y varieties, packaged with a digital copy of the appropriate game as well as a 4GB SDHC card.

Pokémon X & Y releases worldwide in October, but these babies will be open for pre-order in Japan only from August 10.

As well as the shiny images below, here’s a three-minute Japanese trailer; we’d normally wait for an English version but I mean, while we’re here, right?

1. Francis O

After this game and bundle gets released….the Vita has no chance what so ever against the 3DS.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Gnosis

Meh, na tnx. I’ll go with either the pink/ white version or the eevee one, as soon as some more interesting games get released. Don’t like either one of those.

#2 10 months ago
  3. CyberMarco

Do you have any particular problem with the PS Vita being available in the market alongside the 3DS?

Stop bitching around in every comment you make.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Francis O

Am I not allowed to say my opinion?

How about all the people who bitch about Wii U? Do you tell them to stop?

#4 10 months ago
  5. CyberMarco

You are talking like you know facts, yeah I do the same to whoever walks nonsense about WiiU/Xbox/PS etc…

Sure everyone is entitled to his opinion, but you can always state your preferences with more adequate manners.

#5 10 months ago
  6. LordDjinn

I want the vita more than the 3DS, it just needs more games.. and open app usage.. other than that. i want them to release a 3ds lite with the added nub. (the idea to me doesnt make sense.. why couldnt they just a do a DS2, i would have been much happier..) the 3d gimmick seems like a waste.

I do want this bundle.. if only the 3ds wasnt region locked..

#6 10 months ago
  7. manamana

@6 The “3D gimmick” is actually really cool in some games, like Cave Story3D, Castlevania, Luigis Mansion2, Nano Assault, … well you get the point. The Vita has a far better screen and the dualsticks are way better than plugging an ugly peripheral device on the already big XL. I can see Vita becoming an Indie device, if Sony keeps on pushing, which would be great. Nonetheless, like always, its best to own both….

#7 10 months ago
  8. Gnosis

@7 I’m sure, it’s really cool for ppl who can actually see it. One of the reasons I’m not gonna buy it for a full price.

#8 10 months ago
  9. LordDjinn

@7 Sony needs to go talk to nintendo and ask them why their handhelds are the most amazing.. (my psp can play gameboy/advance games) so my psp is amazing :P

#9 10 months ago
  10. Froseidon

@8 – Its worth picking one up second hand or something. I mean, I have one, but never use the 3D feature on it at all. I’ve started using it a little bit but I quickly go back to normal as it drains the battery.

On the article – Japan gets all the neat stuff, I’m rather jelly :(