ArenaNet has incentivised Guild Wars 2’s achievements system, promising rewards for those of you who make the effort to fill in your Tyria guidebook checklists.
As of the next patch, achievement points will be counted towards various perks and bonuses.
This is particularly good news for achievement hounds who already have a whack of bragging rights under their belts, as the points are awarded retroactively – so you should have huge pile of tasty goodies waiting for you.
Here are some of the rewards on offer, as detailed in a new developer post:
- Exclusive armor and weapon skin unlocks – including Radiant armor, Hellfire armor, and the Zenith weapon set.
- Permanent account bonuses: permanent boosts to Magic Find, experience from kills, karma gain, and more. Earn achievement points on any character and get rewards for all of your characters.
- Currencies: gold, gems, karma, and laurels.
- PvP Rewards: skins and glory boosters.
- WvW Rewards: use Badges of Honor and siege blueprints to help push your server to victory.
- Utility Items: Instant Repair Canisters, Revive Orbs, powerful boosters, and more.
- Unique Titles: show off your dedication to your fellow players.