Beyond: Two Souls bargain price pre-orders cancelled by Sony

Thursday, 4th July 2013 09:47 GMT By Dave Cook

Beyond: Two Souls pre-orders were on offer at almost half-price via Sony’s online store in June, but now the company has cancelled all orders and compensated customers for the inconvenience.

Polygon reports that at the time of the deal, Sony was offering pre-orders of Beyond at just $35 from release last month.

However, Sony has now emailed customers who pre-ordered cheap versions of the game to say that their order has been cancelled. The message states that gamers will be issued a $5 eCoupon in return to be used on the Sony Store as a goodwill gesture.

The game’s pre-orders have now gone back up to $59.99.

What do you make of the above?

Beyond: Two Souls is out on PS3 October 8.

1. LordDjinn

Sony, whats with all the fuck ups?? Really.. come on now, thats too many bad things going on about you right now.. step up the game dammit..

#1 1 year ago
  2. DeVitowned

That is a bit low to cancel legitimate preorders like that, especially to think a measly $5 credit is enough to compensate. If I were one of the affected, I’d wait for a bargain price on Amazon and say to hell with Sony.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Belazur

#1 lol good one ;D
    Poor Microsoft.
    They really f#cked up big time.
    This is SONY’s generation ;)

#3 1 year ago
  4. Froseidon

@3 – They didn’t even fuck up that badly… The console will still sell and make them a profit.

#4 1 year ago
  5. LordDjinn

@Froseidon, they lost a very large part of their fan base and pissed off the entire gaming community, yea not that bad.. they messed up so freaking bad they noticed that their horrible console DRM and go fuck yourself comment to those that didnt have internet were affecting their console preorders, they reversed it, after setting that it was built from the ground up with those restrictions and couldnt change it.. the fanboys that for gave Microsoft already will ensure that we see this again..

dude you must be living under a rock..

#5 1 year ago
  6. noamlol2

when you offer a dude a discount and then you say “sorry man i was drunk”
    and immediatly raise back to the original price is unfair for the consumer

imagine if steam did that, people would be pissed to high heavens

#6 1 year ago
  7. DrDamn

Pricing errors happen a lot and get cancelled a lot too. They are well within their rights to correct it. I doubt many pre-ordering at the lower price thought it was the correct price. I’ve done this a fair few times myself with stuff and am never surprised when I get the cancellation email. I’ve never had any credit as compensation either.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Fin

I bought AC3 special edition from Argos for something like £35 (when it retailed at £60+), they rang me saying it was an error, and I could either have a refund and a £10 voucher, or the normal edition at £20 (when it was retailing at £35+).

Great customer service.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Froseidon

@5 – I never said they didn’t cock up. I just said its not as bad as everyone is making out to be. The console will sell and make a profit all the same. No, I haven’t been living under a rock.

#9 1 year ago
  10. LordDjinn

@Froseidon well if it affected their preorders enough to make them change it, i would say its pretty awful.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Telepathic.Geometry

I think the crime here lies in the messaging, and the compensation.

They should start by explaining that the low price was an error, and give say $10 credit, or something, so you don’t feel completely gypped.

#11 1 year ago
  12. DrDamn

They did explain that the low price was an error – see the Polygon link.

#12 1 year ago