Warrior’s Lair, formerly known as Ruin, has been cancelled

Wednesday, 3rd July 2013 18:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Warrior’s Lair, which was known as Ruin when it was introduced by Sony during E3 2011, has been cancelled.

According to a statement given to IGN, the game, which was one of the first to contain Cross Play, will no longer be released.

Sony said that those who pre-ordered the title need to contact “their retailer directly to cancel their pre-sale.”

Back in April 2012, it was reported the game was canceled, but Sony went on to state this wasn’t true at the time.

The rumor of its cancellation started after Idol Minds was taken off the project and the game handed over fully to Sony San Diego.

Warrior’s Lair was an RPG announced at E3 2011 and contained social features.

The E3 2011 stage demo is posted below to give you a look at what might have been.

1. CyberMarco

It would be great if they make a PS Vita version of Diablo III, so we can have cross-game features with that.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

Sony canceling a PS Vita title? Doesn’t that just instill confidence for current PS Vita owners. Anyway the signs were all there: right from a dropped studio, studio speaking out on First party studios lack of fate for PS Vita all leading to this moment.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

@Steph
    Idol Minds not “Iron Minds.”

#3 1 year ago
  4. lexph3re

Sad to hear this will never come to light. But, still have Dragons Crown, Ys, KillZone Merc, TearAway, Toukiden, Valhalla Knights 3 and several other games that I can pick up for it.

Faith Lost? I don’t think so

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

@Lex
    Darn shame 3 of those games aren’t coming to EU ATM :(

#5 1 year ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Doh! Thanks :D

#6 1 year ago
  7. SlayerGT

This news would upset me more if Diablo wasn’t on the way. What’s with the lack of dungeon crawlers?? The Vita version would’ve been nice, none on it either.

#7 1 year ago
  8. MCTJim

Seems as if money was the issue here..studios are not cheap. Shame really when stuff like this happens.

#8 1 year ago
  9. lexph3re

@Legendary Did you at least get Muramasa Rebirth over there? That game makes me sad I don’t own the Wii Version.lol It’s such a good game I just want to support it.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

@Lex
    No didn’t get it :(

#10 1 year ago
  11. lexph3re

:-O It’s not even on your PSN? Shocking! That’s where I got mines from didn’t feel like hunting a physical copy down and it’s only 450mbs. Need a import?

#11 1 year ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

Nope. No i don’t need an import at the moment.

#12 1 year ago
  13. CyberMarco

Try this site if you ever want to buy it, or any game that has only a US release. It’s quite decent with fair prices.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Lengendaryboss

Thanks, i keep that bookmarked just in case it never comes to EU or become impatient.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Clupula

I must admit to having never heard of this game before.

#15 1 year ago
  16. SlayerGT

I was on the EU PSN Store yesterday morning and I gotta say..I thought the US PSN Store was bad, but Jesus. You cant even look at what’s new without going through those annoying tiles :/

#16 1 year ago
  17. Cee

@legendaryboss #2

If the titles were Tearaway and Killzone that had been cancelled then I would be inclined to agree on the future fate of the PSVita.
    The best news about the Vita(for me anyway) buzzing about the internet is mandatory “remote play” with PS4 games.

Ubisoft at the moment if rumours/rumors are to believed, think that second screen gaming is the “future”..

#17 1 year ago