Saints Row 4 trailer celebrates Independence Day

Wednesday, 3rd July 2013 14:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Saints Row 4 has a new video available, and it’s as crazy as the others released for it. What else would you expect? Prepare to administer the biggest smackdown ever in the history of mankind on August 20 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. actuallyisnotafox

anyword on if this steelport? :p im liking it but i hope theyve either expanded or improved the city :)

#1 1 year ago
  2. junguler

i hope they release a demo with all the costumes in the game and let us make our own characters before the games releases (like saints row the third did)
    and hopefully a realy small map to see the character in action (like the one in future soldiers)

#2 1 year ago
  3. salarta

Based on the leaked trophies/achievements, it doesn’t look like Monica Hughes is going to become a part of the group, which I think is a shame since the setup of Saints Row IV makes for a perfect induction for her. But ah well, the game still looks like it’ll be good fun. I especially like the part where they imitate 8-bit gaming.

@1: I keep seeing that site posted in various comments, and aside from it getting annoying that it’s just an obvious attempt at advertising, in this case saying that site is the “original source” is just plain BS. Even if the video was posted there before here, which I doubt, this is something so general and so basic that there is no source that needs to be cited.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Stephany Nunneley

To the guy I just deleted: Your site is not the original source. It’s called a PR mail and you have been warned about posting links to your site in here too many times. So, this is it. Bye-bye.

@all the replies in here will now be out out of sync for comments 1-3, apologies.

#4 1 year ago
  5. YoungZer0

@4: That’s the spirit.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Ireland Michael

@4 Now you just need to delete the account of the individual constantly harassing everyone in the community, and then peace can finally shine on the heavenly plains of VG24/7.

(intentional over-dramatisation, before people start taking it too seriously)

Most recent example: http://www.vg247.com/forum/topic.php?id=9356&page=2

#6 1 year ago
  7. YoungZer0

@6: That dude definitely needs to see a psychiatrist.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Stephany Nunneley

@6 I thought that was already taken care of on this end from my understanding.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Ireland Michael

@8 All I was told was that it was “run by Pat”. That was about a week and a half ago.

The situation is, and I quote… “on Pat and Steph to press the button or whatever needs to be done to ban him.” So we’re all essentially just waiting on one of you to decide that yes, his behaviour is deletion-worthy.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Stephany Nunneley

@9 Like I said, I believe this has already been dealt with by Pat. Can we get the thread back on the topic at hand now? Thanks, all.

#10 1 year ago
  11. salarta

@10: So as I was saying, walruses make EXCELLENT pets. They also know how to play Saints Row 4. :D

#11 1 year ago
  12. TheWulf

They are so ripping on Mass Effect 3 with this and I’m amused greatly by it. I love parodies, I love it when things don’t take themselves so seriously or treat everything with the utmost realism.

It’s almost liberating to see that games like this are still being made. Whilst not too many of you would ever understand this — I’m simply happy that it exists. Since I exist outside of the grey-brown box of epic mundanity, I got tired of that a decade ago. So I’m all for this.

#12 1 year ago