Halo 4 “top-selling Microsoft Studios Game of all time in US,” says Microsoft

Wednesday, 3rd July 2013 15:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Halo 4 is the best-selling Microsoft Studios title ever in the US, according to Microsoft. The firm said the 343 Industries title has surpassed its predecessor Halo 3 “for sales during each respective launch year.” In other words, it bested Halo 3′s launch year but not total sales – yet. The firm didn’t release figures to go along with the announcement. Thanks, Neowin.

1. Bam007

Really? Halo 4? And how has it top-selling if it’s only for the launch year? I’ve been more confused, but this is weird…

Halo 4 isn’t as good as other Halo titles, so how it has done well is beyond me.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Malmer

Well deserved. Halo 4 was awesome. Maybe a bit too much fan service with the connections to the forerunner sgaa books, which many probably didn’t read.

#2 10 months ago
  3. stretch215

Halo 4 was awesome. It’s the only halo mp I’ve actually played for any significant amount of time, plus I kicked some major ass while doing it.

#3 10 months ago
  4. manamana

Halo 4 for was a huge disappointment for me, graphics aside. It aint a Bungie game anymore and one could feel it through and through. I considered myself a Halo fan before Halo4 launched. Seeing that I read all books, played all games (in SP and MP, love ODST) and bought all OSTs (not the shitty last one of course).

I’m done with Halo and I’m looking forward to Bungies next game. (Though I will keep coming back to the amazing old games of course)

Oly, oly oxen free!

#4 10 months ago
  5. Gheritt White

Halo 4 was, IMHO, the best, most enjoyable Halo experience yet (definitely the best looking, that’s for damn sure) and is certainly my favourite of the series. For the first time since the original, it had an easy-to-follow plot that actually *shock* made sense! Plus, it answered more questions than it raised, which was hugely gratifying…

…and also affords me the perfect jumping off point from this aging series.

Halo 4 was a fitting tribute and final chapter, for me at least, to a decade long pleasure… but all good things come to end.

Destiny marks the future of my Halo-shaped experiences.

#5 10 months ago
  6. fearmonkey

I liked 4 better than 3, but I like Halo 1 and then 2 the best, no question. The fact that a new studio did Halo 4 is pretty amazing though, and it looked amazing for an aging console.

I wonder though is MS will see such great sales for the next Halo, as MS has lost their edge and a bit of their fanbase thanks to the Xbone shenanigans.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Biscuitpants

@4 100% agree with you

#7 10 months ago
  8. fengato

Big Halo fan here (Reach is my game of this gen) – initially disappointed with H4 (I’m looking at you Spartan Ops), though I came to enjoy the campaign on Legendary, and I got a good solid four days (playing time) out of the MP. Looking forward to seeing what the team can do on the second go ’round.

#8 10 months ago