Ubisoft website hacked into, account information accessed so change your passwords

Tuesday, 2nd July 2013 17:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has announced it recently that one of its websites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to online systems. While the firm has closed off this access, and has started a “thorough investigation with relevant authorities,” internal and external security experts recommended everyone change their passwords.

While the firm is focused on”restoring the integrity of any compromised systems,” the firm said since data illegally accessed from the account database includes user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords, it would be best to change any Ubisoft website password, and probably your Uplay password as well just to be safe – although the online service was not mentioned in the press release.

“Out of an abundance of caution, we also recommend that you change your password on any other website or service where you use the same or a similar password,” said the firm.

No personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, do your debit and/or credit card information is safe.

Passwords can be changed here and more information is through here.

1. lalaku

We are data (for real).

2. silverstorm

That’s it. Never registering on sites with same passwords everywhere. And fuck you ubi. Just fuck you.

3. actuallyisnotafox

watch dogs, oh you ubi ;) but yeah @2 you like oh i dont want 10 passwords i wont remember them all, so you stick to one thinking its safe and ._.

4. SlayerGT

No fuck hackers. I swear if I ever meet one, I will seriously fuck them up..no bullshit.

5. machy

@4 here in 3rd world hackers like heroes … still i feel the same as U F@$# em all

6. aaron_avelino

I already changed my password. Do i need to change my uplay password too?

7. Rockin a Jack D

I hate Ubi and their Uplay service. I never buy their games, no matter how fucking good one may be.

8. Hcw87

Everyone:

Get it. No need to remember passwords anymore.

9. Djoenz

Digital world I salute you ..Saluté my brother saluté.