PS All-Stars: Battle Royale art suggests cancelled ‘The Legend of Dragoon’ DLC

Monday, 1st July 2013 08:22 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale looked as if it was getting some DLC based on The Legend of Dragoon, specifically, a new fighter called Dart. 3D models of the character have appeared in an artist’s online portfolio.

AGB has posted a screen grab of artist Mike Edwards’ online portfolio. The entry shows The Legend of Dragoon’s lead character Dart striking poses, along with a Battle Royale logo.

We’ve got larger versions of the images below. Released in Japan in 1999 and in the US in 2001, The Legend of Dragoon is a Sony-developed RPG for PSone. Read up on it here.

1. LordDjinn

Of course when something good was going to come to PSAS it gets canned..

#1 1 year ago
  2. OmegaSlayer

@1 I agree.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

You know what, though? This is exactly what was wrong with this game. There is no way that Dart should have even been a DLC character. He should have been part of the main roster from the beginning. Meanwhile, some of the advertisement characters, like DINO from DmC, should have maybe been DLC options (I would have preferred original flavor Dante…he, at least, had a part in Playstation history.

But for a character like this to not get in while we’ve got DINO, Big Daddy, and not one, but two flavors of Cole is a big part of what the problem with the game was.

#3 1 year ago
  4. salarta

It’s a real shame that this never came to fruition, because this is probably the only thing that could have made me interested in PS All-Stars.

#4 1 year ago
  5. OmegaSlayer

Actually I was hyped about the game, then when I saw the line up I gave up.

#5 1 year ago
  6. salarta

@5: The whole idea for the game seemed stupid to me from the start, but if they’d included Dart from Legend of Dragoon, Ellen and/or Keats from Folklore, maybe some Arc the Lad or Wild Arms or Demon’s Souls characters, then the concept would’ve sounded a lot cooler.

#6 1 year ago
  7. POOP CRUSTY

NOOOOO. Dart my dude! I played the HECK out of that game. It was the closest thing to a Final Fantasy game and The dragoon mode blew my mind at the time!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Ireland Michael

Even as someone who didn’t think PSAS was a very good game, this is sad news.

#8 1 year ago
  9. chaosevangelion

I still wanna see Cloud Strife and Alicia Melchiott, if they’re not… I’ll find you santa monica, yes i will

#9 1 year ago