The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds gameplay footage shows Hyrule Field in action

Friday, 28th June 2013 12:21 GMT By Dave Cook

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between worlds was showcased on the E3 floor a few weeks ago, and raw gameplay footage of Nintendo’s 3DS sequel has now appeared online.

Our friends over at Nintendo Life have the gameplay footage here, and it shows Link running around Hyrule Field battering enemies and exploring as far as his wee green shoes can carry him.

The game is a sequel to SNES classic The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and it’s out in November across North America, and sometime after in Europe. Nintendo has confirmed that the game will include a new Dark World, as well as other new mechanics, such as Link’s ability to become a painting on walls.

What do you think of the footage above.

1. silkvg247

It was my favorite ever zelda.. I just hope they don’t mess it up :p

I’ve kind of been bored of Zelda ever since they introduced the time sink / travel mechanics such as sailing, flying or erm.. riding a train.

#1 1 year ago
  2. mistermogul

Do want…

The 3DS game library has become seriously good.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Cobra951

This game may finally get me to buy a 3DS. I do so want, if it turns out as good as it looks so far.

#3 1 year ago
  4. hitnrun

I’m optimistic, but what will have to separate this from a cheap nostalgia grab will be the world design. Puzzles and art are not what made the old Zeldas.

If it’s the same thing as every other Zelda for the last 15+ years, I’ll pass.

#4 1 year ago
  5. OlderGamer

Looking forward to it. But I have to agree with HitnRun. I think a lot of old games worked not because they were amazing, but instead because they were solid experiences with a lack of competition. I wasn’t playing Mario Kart on SNES because I liked throwing shells or trick tracks with weapon based racing. I was playing it because it offered the best avalible at the time racing experience. I remember many races with friends and family that where wheel to wheel near ties at the finish line.

Likewise I wasn’t playing Zelda for the art work, puzzles or an other key elements that many would think define the games, I was playing them because the choice of action RPGs was pretty lite. Zelda was well crafted, solid and scratched that itch.

Fast forward to today and I have a Diablos, Titan Quests, Tourchlights, Rifts and World of Warcrafts or Elderscrolls. Zelda, as much as I enjoy it, isn’t amazing just because it has the name Zelda on it. If they recreate the SNES experience, it will be nice, but quickly forgotten.

This is a problem that a lot of JPN game devs/pubs seem to have. They constantly retread the same ground, highlighting a games roots hoping to recreate the same magic. Nintendo is a poster child for it.

What does make it work is if they offer solid gameplay and solid experiences. So, I am looking forward to this game, but not expecting it to be much more then a fun few hours of once thru. And that is fine with me.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Blackened Halo

It looks awesome …Will A Link Between Worlds become a legendary game like A Link to the Past or the Minish Cap? :)

#6 1 year ago
  7. Gekidami

Cheap nostalgia grabs are pretty much Nintendos whole business model…

#7 1 year ago