Xbox One adapter for Xbox 360 headsets inbound

Thursday, 27th June 2013 02:17 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Microsoft is working on an adapter allowing you to use Xbox 360 wired headsets with the Xbox One.

The news comes via the Xbox Support Twitter account, responding to a question about whether existing headsets will work with the new console.

“We are working to develop an adapter for current wired headsets to connect. More details as we approach launch,” a representative said.

The Xbox One will not come bundled with a headset, because the Kinect, which is included in every package and required for the console to function, will perform basic voice chat duties. There is an official headset, though.

Both Mad Catz and Turtle Beach have said they’ll be developing peripherals for the new console as well.

Thanks, Units.

1. DuckNation

Oh yeah so cool more money M$ wants people to spend if they want to have a mic <_<

#1 10 months ago
  2. tCruzin

If this works for the expensive 360 headsets then this is a good thing but I’m sure people will still complain either way.

#2 10 months ago
  3. xAKUM3TSUx

If it’s bundled with the console; that would be a plus!

#3 10 months ago
  4. Sang2

#1 +1
    Same here…

#4 10 months ago
  5. Bam007

So when Apple did it, it was applauded. Microsoft do it and it becomes about money? In case you forgot, Microsoft, just like Apple, is a business and businesses need to make money.

#5 10 months ago
  6. dkpunk

@2 my thoughts exactly. Pretty cool for people that already have a nice 360 headset.

#6 10 months ago
  7. SlayerGT

What about the wireless 360 headsets??

#7 10 months ago
  8. G1GAHURTZ

^ What type of wireless headset?

#8 10 months ago
  9. Silent Killer01

Translation “Overpriced crap in the works”

#9 10 months ago
  10. SlayerGT

@8 The proprietary first party Xbox 360 ones.

#10 10 months ago
  11. G1GAHURTZ

@10:

Looks like they won’t work, as X1 has no Bluetooth.

#11 10 months ago
  12. SlayerGT

@12 Wonderful

#12 10 months ago
  13. G1GAHURTZ

^ Do you use one?

#13 10 months ago
  14. SlayerGT

@14 Yeah. It works really well. My buddies and I use them in a Live party while we play PS3 mp on our tvs’ other input.

#14 10 months ago
  15. G1GAHURTZ

Didn’t think so.

Just trolling, then…

#15 10 months ago
  16. SlayerGT

@16 How am I trolling?

#16 10 months ago
  17. G1GAHURTZ

You don’t even own one, and you’re not buying an X1.

#17 10 months ago
  18. SlayerGT

@18 You asked if I use one, I said yes. Then to explain how much I like it, I tell you that I even use it when playing on another platform. And I don’t know if I’ll get an XBOne. Definitely not at launch. Maybe by the time Forza 6 comes out. Do you know what trolling is? Cause I’m starting to think that I don’t. Give me your def, and maybe in relation to how I am doing it so that I might better understand please.

#18 10 months ago
  19. G1GAHURTZ

You honestly expect me to believe that you own a wireless 360 headset, and that you use it to talk to your buddies in an XBL party, while playing on a PS3?

Prove it.

If you really did own one, like I do, you’d actually know how useless they are.

I’ll start a thread for you in the forum to post a pic.

#19 10 months ago
  20. SlayerGT

@20 You have a PS3? Send me a friend invite PSN ID: SlayerGT (this isn’t that serious but whatever)

And they’re not useless. The wired ones from MS are indeed just that, but the wireless ones are good. I didn’t even think they were Bluetooth. Thought they used the frequency thingy the controllers use.

#20 10 months ago
  21. G1GAHURTZ

They are indeed useless. The sound quality is poor, they’re uncomfortable, the rubber clip is weak, you have to charge them all the time, etc, etc…

Anyway, just post a pic of your setup with your headset in the forum thread I just started, and I’ll have to apologise for not believing you, and for saying that you were trolling.

#21 10 months ago
  22. DrDamn

Good that this is coming, odd that they would need to “work on” it. Should have been part of the design and a given.

@G1GA
    Can’t you get USB Bluetooth adaptors?

#22 10 months ago
  23. VibraniumSpork

There’s some terrific leadership going down at Microsoft these days. Every single decision they make is meticulously planned, carefully considered, and then thrown out a moving car as soon as the first note of dissent is heard. This is great news for the consumer, no doubt, but what the hell is going on over there?

#23 10 months ago
  24. orakaa

WHY couldn’t they think about this in the first PLACE, when designing the console, instead of thinking about it AFTER???
    Does anyone at Microsoft has a long term view on their global strategy?

#24 10 months ago
  25. Moonwalker1982

This is a good thing. Their argument about Kinect being the new mic was not really all that good. Cause it means you will hear your friends AND gamesounds through your speakers, that’s horrible. For me it’s no biggie, cause i’ll be using my Turtle Beach headphones and that goes via optical and Kinect is simply only the mic.

So basically this adapter is meant for the ‘simple’ headsets that MS used to bundle with the 360? The wired ones that (for me) died very easily?

#25 10 months ago
  26. ps3fanboy

nice, forcing people to buying adapters, when they could just done it software-wise for free. micro$haft are milking… YET again the xbots are on their knees praising, LOL!

#26 10 months ago
  27. scottywr

I’m tired of hearing theses stupid fanboys from both sides,especially the Sony fanboys.these hypocrites said that they would never pay $499 for a system but paid more for a ps3.the fact is the ps4 will cost you more then $499 to add all the stuff to it that the Xbox 1 comes with.how how stupid it is to say unlike Microsoft sony is looking out for them,this is the most pathetic and stupid remark I ever seen ,just like Microsoft,Sony don’t give a sh@t about them.like all big buisness money comes first and I don’t blam them.unlike young people,I think profit is good and people should work for what they
    Sony fanboys are the most stupid fans I ever listen to.instead of trying to help an american company out they try to destroy it and buy products from another country and support that country instead of ours.The people in china and Japan understand this.the majority of people in Japan said that they buy stuff from a company in their country first before they buy a product from another country so they could support their country 1st.the fact is the japaneses know and understand that this is how they will become dominate unlike theses dumbass Americans who try to destroys an American company instead of defending it like japaneses do.you never hear Japanese trash any Japan company .
    So stop saying you would never pay $499 for a system when you paid more for the ps3 with less stuff with it.in other words get your heads out y’all a&& and think before you post a tupid and living remark like that.

#27 10 months ago
  28. scottywr

I’m also tired of hearing how thy own the game and could do what they want to with it.fact you don’t own the game,you only own the right to play it on the disc you bought.just like a cd ,DVD it is illegal to copy it and sell it.people who own computers and play games on it have to put a code in it to play a game,and a lot of the times it is a. 1 time use,so in other words you can’t sell it or give it to a friend to play it on their computer.as a mater of fct a friend gave me a gem for a computer.i put the code in and it wouldn’t let me play it because it been used already.i call the company nd they told me that I want be able to play it.
    Sooner or later and I hope sooner all game companies will demand that consoles o the same as computers.the fact is that companies are pushing for it now.eople that complain that they wouldn’t buy a system if they can’t resale a game are only stealing from the programmers and that’s a fact.if you want to resale it and give the company a percentage I’m for that but as it is now it is just stealing

#28 10 months ago
  29. Clupula

@27 – Buy ‘murican! Yeah! *shoots guns, drinks beer, and rides a pick-up truck*

YEE-HAW!!!!

#29 10 months ago
  30. Clupula

Fuck yall and yer personal pref’rences! Yall should jus’ shuddup an’ buy yerselves a Xbox One cuz it’s ‘murican! Why yall hate America like that? Whu’d ya buy Sony fer? Remember when them German fellas bombed Pearl Harbor in Dubya-Dubya-Two?

#30 10 months ago
  31. OrbitMonkey

^ Please beat yourself with a dictionary.

#31 10 months ago
  32. OrbitMonkey

^ That’s YOUR real name?

Shit son, did your momma lisp at the christening?

#32 10 months ago
  33. ps3fanboy

@27 scottywr, oh get down from your high shining horse and stop act like holier than holy. let me refresh your memory. when x360 arrived it didn’t come with wifi,hd,headset,no hdmi(you actually had to buy a new x360 the year after if you wanted hdmi) and the forced xblgold on top… so when it did come to it it wasnt any cheaper than the ps3. but the xbots did swallow it up as brainwashed drones. also dont forget the insane hd prices. after all it was only cheap old pc 2.5hd, that was sold for the triple price, compared to the same hd on the pc.

#33 10 months ago
  34. Lengendaryboss

Don’t preach what you cannot act :)

#34 10 months ago
  35. fearmonkey

Why didn’t MS place Bluetooth in the Xbone? The only answer is because they wanted to make money on the headsets. It’s so stupid, it’s a next gen console, and even cheap phones have bluetooth these days.

#35 10 months ago
  36. ps3fanboy

@39 why dont you ask legendarychump, he will tell you all about his horse acting, LOL…

#36 10 months ago
  37. Djoenz

Squeezing money in every possible way. Same ol’ Microshaft.

#37 10 months ago
  38. Lengendaryboss

@Ps3fanboy
    Ok there once was a lad named Ps3fanboy, where he sat on his high horse, this sony loving fanboy was so up his high horse that he cannot get down.

But mine: there once was a lad named Lengendaryboss, he sat on his cloud of normality while he looks down at the sony loving fanboy on his high horse who doesn’t look happy :)

#38 10 months ago
  39. Brenna Hillier

Multiple scottywr comments deleted for being nothing but abuse.

#39 10 months ago
  40. super3001

another example of ms supporter getting deleted instant when sony trolls get away with much much worse for months.

change your site name to sonygamer247 please so people know not to expect objectivity

#40 10 months ago