Nintendo Australia has announced details of this year’s Pokémon Video Game Australian National Championships, culminating in a grand final at PAX Australia in Mebourne next month.
After a series of tournaments around the country, top players will battle it out at PAX Australia for the chance to win through to the 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships in Vancouver in August.
Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 will be used, with brackets in the following age divisions:
- Junior Division: Born in 2002 or later
- Senior Division: Born in 1998, 1999, 2000 or 2001
- Masters Division: Born in 1997 or earlier
The top two players in each division will win flights and accommodation at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships to support their qualification.
Don’t worry if you haven’t scored a PAX Australia ticket, as you can earn yourself a place ay the finals at one of the following meet-ups:
- Perth (Supanova Pop Culture Expo) Sunday June 30
- Melbourne (Deakin Edge – Federation Square) Saturday July 6
- Brisbane (Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre) Sunday July 7
- Adelaide (AVCon Anime and Video Game Convention) Saturday July 13
- Sydney (Luna Park) Sunday July 14
More details on these events are on the way, but it’s never to early to study up on the rules.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.