Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection video preps you for July release

Thursday, 27th June 2013 14:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will arrive on PS3 in North America on July 9, and to get you excited over it, Konami has released a trailer for it. Head below for a watch. Each title in the collection will be available in a single box, from 1998′s Metal Gear Solid to 2008′s Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. 2011′s Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is also included, and the entire set will run you $49.99. Thanks, AGB.

1. CyberMarco

Oh please, release it in Europe, come on Konami! :(

2. deathm00n

Oh please, release it in Brazil, come on Konami! :(

3. Dralen

Are they going to patch the trophies into the normal version of Metal Gear Solid 4?

4. CyberMarco

@3 They already did that.

5. fihar

Can’t you guys just import the game?
    I imported a couple of games from UK before.

6. deathm00n

@5 There’s some import taxes in place in Brazil wich gets random products (tottally random, people who work at the ports and airports confirms this) and tax them 70% of their price. Costing $50 if it get’s caught it’s going to cost me $85.

7. fihar

I see.
    In Indonesia it’s completely fine as long as the item in question is valued less than $50 or the equivalent of that.
    One of my local store even sells 3 different version of UC3.
    A Region 1 GOTY edition, a Region 2 GOTY edition and a Region 3 regular edition.

By the way, shouldn’t this Legacy Collection be available in Brazil as well? You’re part of the Region 1 as well right?

8. CyberMarco

For everyone in the UK/EU there is this site http://www.365games.co.uk/ps3-games/metal-gear-solid-the-legacy-collection-game-ps3– were it sells US-only released games.

I would probably get it from there, if a EU edition wont be announced. I’ll wait till the release to see if any announcement will be made, or else I’ll be buying the MGS1 from the current PSN deal.

I’m wondering though, I’m going to get a PS Vita down the road and have the MGS:HD collection from PS+, will the (cloud) cross-save feature work between the US disc game version and the EU digital version?

9. dizzygear

@3 They already did. Just boot the game and let it update.

10. Dralen

@4&9 Wow. I had no idea. I can’t believe I missed that one.

11. Clupula

@10 – Yeah, they did that way back in August of last year.

You will have to start a totally new save, though.

But it also lets you do an extended install (9GB), so it no longer installs between chapters.