Routine: sci-fi horror game gets creepy alpha footage

Wednesday, 26th June 2013 09:07 GMT By Dave Cook

Routine is the sci-fi horror game from four-person team Lunar Software, and it’s a bit like Amnesia in a moon-base with guns. Whatever you call it, it’s pretty freaky, and we’ve got alpha gameplay footage to prove it. Venture onward if you dare.

The game features a perma-death system, random enemy placement and an open world to explore from the start. It also doesn’t have a HUD and supports Oculus Rift.

What do you think of the footage? Let us know below.

Thanks Games On Net.

1. Aullah

I like the idea and I can see why people love these kinda games. But I never ever play scary games (not to confuse with horror games). Never.

2. Asgaro

I’m so glad to see the Surival Horror genre is trending again the last few years! Mostly on PC though (thanks to indie and Kickstarter) because on consoles it’s too much of a risk regarding revenue gain.

I put 19 hours in Amnesia (community made stories FTW) and look forward to this game. :)

3. Edo

That looks interesting…I’m also getting some Dead Space vibes…

4. Pytox

I look forward to this as well :)

5. Goffee

Deeply impressed what a team of four can do, just shows up EA for the bunch of slackers their mega-teams are!

6. OwnedWhenStoned

I really like the look of this. You can never really tell from a trailer, or alpha gameplay but fingers crossed

7. Ali

Stunning… Hopefully it gets ported to consoles.

8. YoungZer0

Ugh, this looks freakin’ amazing. Do we have a release date?

9. OwnedWhenStoned

@8 Apparently, it’s “2013″

10. revolting

Now that’s a spiritual successor to System Shock I can get excited about. As much as I love the BioShocks (especially infinite), none of them have captured the “shit your pants in space” terror of the SSs. This looks so right.

11. Neuromancer

Looks great BUT… “random enemy placement”…

Seriously? SERIOUSLY!?