Green Man Gaming launches trade-in service in the UK, credit can go towards PS4, Xbox One pre-order

Wednesday, 26th June 2013 15:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Green Man Gaming has launched a trade-in service in the UK for Xbox 360 and PS3 games, even towards a PS4 or Xbox One pre-order if they like.

Games traded-in can be credited towards the next purchase, or customers can instantly use said credit and buy anything on the Green Man Gaming site immediately – before they even send their games off.

Games can be traded-in against PC Digital games, consoles games and peripherals or a next-gen system.

Also launching on GMG in the UK is a range of pre-owned games at lower prices.

Hit up the link for more details.

1. KineticCalvaria

It’s a good idea and I could probably do with thinning out my physical copies collection, but a £20 deposit? I don’t see the need.

Don’t have to pay one on Amazon for instance.

2. SplatteredHouse

“when you place this deposit you will also receive £20 off your first PS4 or Xbox One game on release!”

3. Samoan Spider

@1 Yeah, the deposit is just the usual good faith payment when pre-ordering that you’ll get at most places, yet GMG are going to give you that money back later on against a game. Sounds good to me.

4. MCTJim

Gamestops here in the US wanted $100US for each system as a deposit. Needless to say, I left GS $200 poorer.

5. KineticCalvaria

@2, I already read that, but whats the point? Just let me keep the £20 and spend it on the goddamn game.

I don’t even know if I’ll be able to afford a console on launch so I would rather not be tied into it by paying a £20 deposit right now.

Think I’ll stick with Amazon :)

6. TheBlackHole

This isn’t new. they’ve been doing console game trade in for months. There whole USP is trade in.

7. VibraniumSpork

I’m kinda planning on doing this but on a slightly more luddite-tip; just trading every new game I complete from here on out onto a Game gift card and making the odd £10/£20 addition here and there. All helps towards the cost of the PS4.

Of course if Game go bust in the meantime I’ll be screwed but…well, I’d just rather not think about that, thanks very much ^_^

8. SplatteredHouse

@5 I guess the point would be that if you buy a console, chances are, you’re going to want a game to play with it. So, they apply money you’ve already given them, so that you (by buying from them) get your first game cheaper, and they hope the gesture will encourage you to shop with them again, in future.

9. KineticCalvaria

@8, I see that but it’s like I say, just don’t have a deposit and let me buy the game with the £20 I’ve saved by not having a deposit.

Chances are if you’ve bought the console off GMG, you’ll be buying a game on there too.

It’s just stupid having to put money down for something that isn’t released for ages, I’d rather they just take the full amount on launch, same applies to games.

10. SplatteredHouse

I don’t see any fault with what you’re saying. If the initial outlay is something that doesn’t interest you, then their attempt to sweeten the deal (given that without the offer, your first game would be bought at full price) is also unlikely to appeal.

11. ballz

what? you could trade in pc games for months