Battlefield 4 will sell 14M units, can “coexist successfully” with Call of Duty: Ghosts – analyst

Wednesday, 26th June 2013 15:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Battlefield 4 will sell 14 million units, according to Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia, but notes that both it and Call of Duty: Ghosts can “coexist successfully” in the market even with both hitting retail within a week of each other.

In the note, Bhatia predicted one-third of all Battlefield 4 sales would come through PC, but that only 10% of Call of Duty: Ghosts sales would be through PC.

Sounds about right.

Bhatia said Grand Theft Auto 5′s release is far enough ahead of both titles which would “limit overlap,” and he feels Skylanders will remain the market leader in the toys-to-life genre – even with Disney Infinity looming.

Thanks, Gamespot.

1. Pytox

not me with their premium packs and stuff
    same for cod btw :p

2. super3001

titanfall beats both

3. KineticCalvaria

@2, you’ve played it then? Sweet :P

4. ps3fanboy

bf4 is gonna be microtransactioned to hell and back. so i am not gonna be one of them 14M that buy this, that is for sure.

5. MCTJim

Well, I never buy anything other than the extra map packs when they come out. To be honest, I’m tired of all the CoD and BF right now. I haven’t turned my console on in about 3 weeks. Plus its summer now here and I game very little in the summer as its more fun to be out than stuck inside..Once the fall comes..its six month of hibernation again so the box will be a regular staple.

6. tezzer1985

I can see them both doing really well, with COD doing better.

But I disagree with Skylanders doing better then Disney Infinity, Infinity is going to clean up…

7. POOP CRUSTY

It’s a sad day when a simple generic shooter sells like crazy. It’s the same thing as BF3.