UK Charts: The Last of Us retains top spot

Monday, 24th June 2013 09:59 GMT By Dave Cook

The Last of Us has held firm at top of the UK game charts for a second week running, fending off fellow new release Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which is also taking the country by storm.

If you missed out review score round-up of The Last of Us, you can have a look at those high numbers again here.

Here’s this week’s chart in full:

1. The Last Of Us
  16. Grand Theft Auto IV
  17. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  18. Need For Speed: Most Wanted
  19. Bioshock Infinite
  20. Lego The Lord Of The Rings

1. a7md1990

Well deserved Naught Dog :)

#1 1 year ago
  2. ps3fanboy

sony on top(as expected) and nintendo on second. but not one exclusive to be seen anywhere for the xbox, LOL!

#2 1 year ago
  3. KAP

@1 +1

#3 1 year ago
  4. JackThomas

Apparently it’s sold over 1.3 million copies during launch?

If there’s one game that deserves that amount of success, it’s The Last of Us.

#4 1 year ago
  5. tezzer1985

Everybody shits on Assassins Creed…but how can you blame them for realesing one every year…when AC3 has failed to leave the top 10 since launch of October 2012

#5 1 year ago
  6. a7md1990

@5 LMAO. “failed to leave the top 10″as if it’s a bad thing for them. Lol you made my day sir.

#6 1 year ago
  7. naffgeek

@6 I think you may have missed his point a bit.

Really pleased this game is seeing success. Fast becoming my fave game of this generation.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Sylrissa

Glad to see this game doing so well, it’s an incredible story. also good to see Tomb raider still sitting pretty at 4th spot

#8 1 year ago
  9. CyberMarco

Funny thing the other day I was in a store where a kid, around 12-13 years old picked the game from the shelf and went to the cashier to pay it. Needless to say that the cashier didn’t give a shit about his age but I realized that neither the kid was aware that the game’s price was a ripoff, 70€.

That’s why places like Gamestop and other big retailers are still around. It’s due to consumer’s ignorance that don’t know or bother to make a market research before buying something. When I returned back home I did an internet research to see at what price I could get that game, it was 50€ on other retailers, online or local and 50€ if imported from the UK.

P.S. The said shop wasn’t Gamestop but a large books/music/movies/video games and stuff like that in Italy, called Feltrinelli.

#9 1 year ago
  10. manamana

Well deserved and it should stay right there. Tomb Raider still going strong, which is also a good thing. I wish developers would drop the tacked-on Multiplayer from this great singleplayer experiences.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Ireland Michael

@10 But apparently still a failure, according to Square Enix.

#11 1 year ago
  12. manamana

^ which makes it obvious that Square Enix failed to make a proper calculation and have mismanaged the production. Because we all know by now, for what it is, it sells pretty good.

#12 1 year ago
  13. mistermogul

@6 – He’s saying you can’t blame Ubisoft for releasing AC every year as it’s been in the top 10 since October…

#13 1 year ago
  14. Ireland Michael

@12 I think it would be hard to look at the sales of Tomb Raider as anything less than absolutely stellar.

#14 1 year ago
  15. killzone64

when a game is a miracle.gamers should buy it

#15 1 year ago
  16. deathm00n

An amazing game, both singleplayer and multiplayer

#16 1 year ago
  17. loveaya

TLOU is not a perfect game, but i gave it a 10/10.

#17 1 year ago
  18. xxJPRACERxx

Awesome game, in my Top 10 list of best game ever. SP is 10/10, MP is 6/10.

#18 1 year ago
  19. YoungZer0

@9: I doubt the kid earned that money, so naturally it doesn’t give a shit about the huge price tag.

#19 1 year ago
  20. CyberMarco

Probably true. When I was younger I didn’t bother with game’s prices too, but I bought a game every 2 months or so. You can say that back in the day you couldn’t get so many deals from the Internet, but I find it a bit strange that kids these days who are all-in for tech-gadgets aren’t aware of that.

Maybe they only care for angry-birds and posting photos on fb/instagram.

#20 1 year ago