Sony exec teases more PS4 games at gamescom

Monday, 24th June 2013 01:18 GMT By Brenna Hillier

“We need to have something to show at gamescom, don’t we?” SCE Europe CEO Jim Ryan replied when asked about the number of first-party games shown at E3 2013.

“There’s a lot coming,” Ryan told GameReactor, as transcribed by Gematsu.

“I’m sure you heard from [SCE Worldwide Studios boss] Shu [Yoshida] that he has – just his studios – he has 30 games in development. 20 of them are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life, and of those, 12 are new IP.

“So there’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got gamescom for us Europeans – we need to have something to show at gamescom, don’t we?”

Ryan said that Sony “very consciously” showed a lot of forst-party software at the PlayStation 4 reveal in February, including Killzone: Shadow Fall and Knack.

“What we did at E3 here was really show some updates to those games, and, as you mentioned, introduce The Order: 1886,” he said of the comparatively more quiet E3 2013 presentation.

Gamescom takes place in Cologne from August 21 through 25. We’ll be there, unless the world ends. The PlayStation 4 is expected before the end of the year.

1. machy

i know there’ll be new ip from GG and maybe A new GOW :D

2. No_PUDding

You know do you?

I dunno. For me, I kinda doubt Guerilla’s game will be there, in only because KS:SF and it can’t be squashed too close together.

3. ps3fanboy

sony are gonna kill micro$haft with exclusiveness at gamescom :)

4. SlayerGT

They know what they’re doing. Bet they surprises at GamesCom and TGS.

5. actuallyisnotafox

hmm i kinda feel this could be big like ps2 big were people were camping for days just to get a console and people were actually buying games but i dunnoo..

6. jmg24bad

The scary part is…. we only know 5 OUT OF 20 first party , FIRST YEAR exclusives!

DUN
    DUN
    DUNNNNNNN

The 5 first party exclusives:
    Killzone SF
    Knack
    #DriveClub
    The Order: 1889
    Infamous : Second Son

15 more to go lol

7. PS4FANB0Y

I hope it’s more PS Move titles!

8. machy

@6 +1

@3 no they are NOT .. MS died at E3 now it’s time for some T-bag :P

@2 GG already confirmed that they have a new IP along side KZ:SF, and the revel of the MPof KZ will be at GC as well

9. Christopher Jack

@6, You’re forgetting DCUO & Planetside 2. I believe SOE maybe counted separately from SCE so they may or may not be included.

10. Lightmanone

Just show a Uncharted 4 logo will ya?

11. WENDiGO

You know why they’re holding back? They don’t want to show you something that isn’t a sure thing and it ends up like Agent and The Last Guardian. Very wise not to make the same mistakes over and over again.

12. Belmont

Logo can be done, but I guess UC4 waits for VGA reveal. But if they reveal it in gamescom and release gameplay trailers, with graphics that ND brings, pre-orders will jump one more time. Yet I believe it is saved for VGA.

I think LBP3 and perhaps Guerilla’s other ip will debut and with a little chance for something out of God of War. Is Stig Asmussen of GoW3 working on something in Snata Monica ?
    It is worth noting that Vita was once again lost in this E3, That needs a med pack too. PS4 is rather healthy but Vita still needs a lot of first-party love.

13. Pytox

@12 also that game from media molecule with the move sticks :D

14. Ali

Syphon Filter or Bust !

15. Maabren

Nice, more games and even exclusive ones. :)

16. TrickyAudio

Last Guardian would be a TGS showing, surely?

I’d LOVE to see something on Agent, but I think its unlikely we’ll ever see that thing again.

I’m still holding out for a Getaway reboot….

17. wildBoar

If I see Last Guardian I’m going to fucking faint. I find myself hoping it’s a PS4 game now or at least a port though. If you want a slightly open world like SOTC with those graphics that’s not gonna happen on PS3.
    Other than that Naughty Dog is first priority.
    And Media Molecule.. Maybe Quantic Dream if they could assure me David cage is in no way involved.

Seriously I will cry if Last Guardian is given a release date.