Diablo 3: PS3 gameplay footage shows four-player co-op

Monday, 24th June 2013 10:14 GMT By Dave Cook

Diablo 3 was shown running on PS3 at the E3 floor show a fortnight ago, and Sony has now released footage of the presentation online. Presented by game director Josh Mosqueira, the clip shows both single-player and four-player co-op in action.

Thanks GamesHQMedia.

1. zme-ul

this is so old …

#1 10 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 Correct, but we didn’t have it at the time. We have it now, alas.

#2 10 months ago
  3. JackThomas

Anyone know if this is coming to PS4?

#3 10 months ago
  4. JackThomas

@1 – I hadn’t seen this video. In fact, I haven’t seen any gameplay of Diablo 3 on consoles so thanks Dave for posting this.

#4 10 months ago
  5. ps3fanboy

diablo3 as it is meant to be played, on consoles… diablo3 is coming for ps3 and ps4!

#5 10 months ago
  6. Erthazus

“”Evade button”" – in Diablo III – Madness and a complete mainstream consolization.

Nephalem buff…

Oh yeah… “Sony players” deserve that. I hope non of that crap comes to the expansion. These cheats should stay on consoles.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Talkar

^I would argue that the evade button is in fact needed on consoles…

#7 10 months ago
  8. Sylrissa

I’d prefer to play it on PC, the same way I did Diablo 1 and 2, but since Blizz refused to let me play it offline on PC, I haven’t bought it yet

So console it is.

#8 10 months ago
  9. zme-ul

PlayStation’s own channel has this video uploaded since a week ago: link
    end even that is old

#9 10 months ago
  10. JackThomas

@8 It’s an always online game on PC?

#10 10 months ago
  11. Erthazus

@7, console players are not really good in games so devs always add to the games regenerations, corridors, bullet magnetism, Auto-Aim, “hiding behind walls” mechanic, UI that is basically a tutorial and now “Evade button”.

Let it stay there, but I hope that non of that crap comes to the PC. Inferno difficulty with Evade button? Ahahaha. Madness. It is basically a cheat.

#11 10 months ago
  12. JackThomas

@7 I feel the evade button dumbs down the console experience tbh.

#12 10 months ago
  13. zme-ul

your argument is invalid since Blizzad, by their own admission, developed this game to played on consoles since day 1

Diablo III is a farcry from what Diablo and Diablo II were on PC

I will buy it for my PS3 because that’s how it was meant to be played, and thank god for ditching that auction house fiasco

#13 10 months ago
  14. Erthazus

@13, since when Blizzard said that? Diablo III on consoles is just a PC PORT with gamepad controls and third person camera that represents console Action games and Nothing more then that.

“I will buy it for my PS3 because that’s how it was meant to be played”

with evade button, nephalem buff and auto-aim. LOL

#14 10 months ago
  15. Talkar

While i agree with you that those mechanics suck, i don’t agree that you can just say that console players suck. Several people own both a console and a gaming PC. For example i have both a PC containing a GTX Titan and a PS3.

Maybe so, however since the consoles lack the fine, precise controls of the PC i think the evade button is a nice addition. Obviously i don’t know because i haven’t tried it on a console yet, but those are my thoughts.

#15 10 months ago
  16. ps3fanboy

Erthazus the peecee master race is envious that the console version of diablo3 is much better, LOL!

#16 10 months ago
  17. CyberMarco

@Erth, why do you have to bitch on every console article? You got what you asked for for you PC-master race game, now move on!

On topic, it reminds me a lot of deathspank, I’ll probably get it on the PS4 as I prefer playing this type of games with a controller, even on PC.

#17 10 months ago
  18. killzone64

can anyone recognize any difference between ps3 and ps4 version?

#18 10 months ago
  19. Erthazus

@64, because I don’t want evade button on my next expansion set and these types of mainstream shit is already over the top in my PC games that are ported from consoles.

More like I don’t want EVADE button in my games.

“PS4 as I prefer playing this type of games with a controller, even on PC”

“”"more like I have no PC and I never played these games with the controller because they don’t work that way unless you implement Third person Action camera on them.”"”

Genius.

@18, PS3 version have no AA, PS4 will probably have it.

#19 10 months ago
  20. CyberMarco

Are you on crack or what? I already stated that have a gaming PC too. Man you are in denial. I do like using a controller on PC, like I prefer playing FPS with m/k instead of a controller, that’s why I tend to buy FPS games only on PC.

Please do yourself a favor and go to a medic or something…

P.S. who is @64?

#20 10 months ago
  21. Maabren

Nice, this game made it on may list. :)

#21 10 months ago
  22. YoungZer0

I’m so getting this.

#22 10 months ago
  23. bigmike614

If there is anyone out there like me and is really looking forward to this for ps3 I’m really looking for people to play this with when it comes out if you are then plz add me BIG_Mike614 pan

#23 10 months ago
  24. bigmike614

Just tell me what your adding me for if you do decide to add me

#24 10 months ago
  25. SlayerGT

My god..looks sweet! It still boggles why there aren’t more rogue-likes on console. You’d think, in Diablo’s absence all this time, someone could have been cleaning up. Or maybe there are and they just suck something terrible I can’t think of any. Dungeon Hunters Alliance comes to mind now.

#25 10 months ago
  26. ricochetrice

Cant wait for this to come out!!! finally i can quench my Diablo thirst!

#26 9 months ago