DayZ Standalone release window decided but not ready to share, says Hall

Monday, 24th June 2013 10:45 GMT By Dave Cook

DayZ Standalone creator Dean Hall has confirmed that the game’s release window has been pinned down, but he’s not ready to share it with gamers just yet, as certain structures need to be put in place before committing to anything.

Speaking at PC and indie expo Rezzed over the weekend, Hall said, “I guess the big question that a lot of people have is when we’re actually going to get this out. We’ve set a date now – a window of about a week.”

Here’s the session in full:

However, Hall isn’t ready to spill the beans on when he hopes to have DayZ out, and added, “We’re not going to say when that is, because we were originally going to release them in 50,000 key increments but we decided to do everything altogether.”

Still, it’s nice to know that Hall’s team is thinking about a release window now, as we’re sure gamers can’t wait to get their hands on final code.

We’ve got two fly-through videos of the new DayZ Standalone sandbox, as well as new features. If you like boats, boating or songs about being on boats then you might be in luck.

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. OwnedWhenStoned

I’m only really interested if I can play it single player.

2. tenthousandgothsonacid

I do hope Sony has been successful in their attempts to get it on ps4.

3. xThrootle Geek

Ownedwhenstoned: Then you wont be playing or getting it. This game is NOT what you are thinking it is. There is no single player component. There never was, unless you mean simply playing solo. The game server can haz as many as 100 other players depending on its setup. Its more “survival” sim than zombie apocalypse. There is no zombie game similar to it.

The first time I played I ran around for a solid two days before I saw other players. I was scared to death. I’ve also been shot in the middle of the night from a random sniper while crossing a field. Never saw anyone. Just died. The game is brutal. If you are looking for zombie skull bashing at your leisure and feeling safe… be advised, there is never a “safe” time in this game.

4. OwnedWhenStoned

@3 I know, I played it when it was just an Arma mod.

All the time I was playing it, I thought it would make a great single player game.

5. nollie4545

At 3 – pretty much summed it up right there. This is a survival thriller game, which happens to have zombies in it. It is not left 4 dead. And no amount of clever AI can recreate the brutality of human players, to have a single player mode to me would just nerf it.

I sincerely hope whatever engine they implement is a LOT smoother and easier to play than that used in Arma 2, which is just totally the last thing ever you would want to be using in a game where you are literally running for your life.

Will definitely be buying this.

6. k1llabeast

Lovely conference. I really hope it will release on PS4.