Wolfenstein: The New Order’s “I Am Death Incarnate” mode will make you “cry blood”

Saturday, 22nd June 2013 19:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Wolfenstein: The New Order’s “I Am Death Incarnate” mode will kick your ass, and it was designed to do so, just as the original mode in Wolfenstein 3D intended.

Speaking with Gamespot, the game’s senior gameplay designer Andreas Ojerfors even so far as to say it will make you “cry blood.” Ouch.

“We want it to be a real, real challenge for people,”he said. “This is not an easy game. Of course we have the five difficulty levels of the original Wolfenstein 3D, like everything from Daddy Can I Play? to I Am Death Incarnate. So you can turn it down or turn it up if you want to. But like the default, normal setting of the game, it’s going to be a challenging experience.

“It’s difficult, but it’s always fair. You’re never really cheated. It’s always your fault if you die.”

Wolfenstein: The New Order launches for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox one later this year.

1. KineticCalvaria

I hate difficulty settings, why can’t there just be one difficulty, the one the game is meant to be played on. Just like dark souls or other games, if it’s meant to be hard then don’t put an easy difficulty in there!

All it is basically is turning the damage and accuracy up of enemies, hardly a big selling point.

2. Lengendaryboss

All about appeasing all types of players, but i actually agree with you. My go to difficulty for all games is hard or the hardest difficulty available because i like a challenge.

3. KineticCalvaria

@2, yeah I understand that it probably sells better with them. But for the most part they are a terrible excuse for replayability, especially with the likes of achievements for different difficulties. I find that really annoying, I have to play a game several times to get the maximum, especially when it’s exactly the same experience every time!

4. ps3fanboy

no online mp = no buy! *flushtoilets*

5. Maabren

Nice, many difficulty settings are better than just one, and then all of you who don’t like it play hard.

Had hope for different playable mode like action, adventure and survival in this Nazi-world, but at least a SP and that’s great. :)

6. xino

single player game, replayability is game difficulty.

either I will get this used, or buy it used and sell it used!

unless the single player is like COD, GOW and gameplay feels revolutionary like Halo 1 did. then I’ll keep the damn game