Titanfall lacks single-player as only a small percentage play it

Friday, 21st June 2013 21:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Titanfall doesn’t contain a single-player campaign because only a small percentage of players will finish the mode.

Speaking with GI International, Respawn studio head Vince Zampella said it takes a separate team months to create such a campaign, and if virtually no one will finish it, there’s no point.

Plus, the studio is rather “small startup,” with only “60-some developers.

“We make these single-player missions that take up all the focus of the studio, that take a huge team six months to make, and players run through it in eight minutes,” said Zampella. “And how many people finish the single-player game? It’s a small percentage. It’s like, everyone plays through the first level, but 5% of people finish the game.

“Really, you split the team. They’re two different games. They’re balanced differently, they’re scoped differently. But people spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer experience versus ‘as little time as possible rushing to the end’ [in single-player]. So why do all the resources go there?

“To us it made sense to put it here. Now everybody sees all those resources, and multiplayer is better. For us it made sense.”

Titanfall is coming to PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in early 2014.

1. ps3fanboy

titanfail, haha.. you can keep your shit game microsoft, no one will be playing this after 5 years anyway or even remember the game.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

Must have based it on COD :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Replace MS with EA.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Innis

They’ll add single-player as DLC

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

So long Titanfall. I was kinda in love with the gameplay demos and ideas but as a singleplayer only gamer (Outside Valve titles), I almost kinda insulted here (Not to mention their tone regarding singleplayer in IGN demo).

#5 1 year ago
  6. ps3fanboy

@3 why should i microsoft call titanfail the new halo killer that is gonne “sell” the xbone… LOL!

#6 1 year ago
  7. salarta

… Wait a second, did he just say (in hypothetical terms, which is fine) that players would beat the single-player campaign in 8 minutes, but then turn around and claim that players wouldn’t bother to finish the single-player campaign? That’s quite the contradiction. And if he meant that the best players would beat the single-player campaign, well, that’s only the best players. Not everyone.

He may have a good reason for not doing a single-player campaign from a corporate and financial standpoint, as a relatively new start-up that can’t afford to spend a lot of time on multiple elements, but what he said above about how much players would use those campaigns sound like excuses made up to justify a lack of single-player campaign for reasons other than not having the time and resources for it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Tavarish

I just hope DICE would also acknowledge this and put 100% of the effort into MP part of Bf 4.

#8 1 year ago
  9. ps3fanboy

@7 good to see you had your wakeup call..

#9 1 year ago
  10. Mabdia

Free to play?

#10 1 year ago
  11. ps3fanboy

@8 bf4 can go only online mp, that i can agree with its a well known game. and there is the ‘bad company’ game they can focus on when it comes to the sp…

#11 1 year ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

@PS3fanboy
    You said MS keep the game, it ain’t their game to keep: its EA game. As for the rest of your garbage, its well garbage :)

#12 1 year ago
  13. ps3fanboy

@10 it must be free to play or are they gonna demand a monthly fee on top of xboxlivegold?… LOL!

#13 1 year ago
  14. Aullah

AT LAST… someone GETS IT. No need for silly singleplayer for a multipalyer gamer. You listen cod,bf?

#14 1 year ago
  15. ps3fanboy

@12 if you don’t get the sarcasm about ms=ea then don’t read…

#15 1 year ago
  16. Erthazus

Because you don’t know how to do it. But they are right.

Battlefield did this before and BF really should drop singleplayer.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Lengendaryboss

@PS3fanboy
    I get sarcasm, very hard to differentiate when you fart out crap on a daily basis :P I couldn’t care less about MS and EA special relationship, it will end at some point.

#17 1 year ago
  18. DSB

I’m not really bothered whether a competitive shooter has singleplayer or not. Remember the old Battlefield? Yeah. Personally I think those games were a lot better for not including a halfbaked singleplayer portion, and BF3 wasn’t exactly lauded for going that way.

All you have to do is look at the global achievement stats on Steam to confirm the data though. At most you have 50% of players bothering to play a 6 hour campaign in something like Black Ops.

#18 1 year ago
  19. ps3fanboy

@17 ms and ea relationship will not end its the perfect match of evil in the gaming world. both are so greedy they could easily swallow two earths…

#19 1 year ago
  20. sg1974

Well as someone who always beats SP before even looking at MP that’s a little bit disappointing.

So desperate to play this game. JUST DROP MANDATORY KINECT ALREADY.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Dark

So now we have this and the division , the crew and destiny

sadly this will be a trend coming next gen and it will pick up fast.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Lengendaryboss

If only if it was a problem like DRM and 24 check in, so it could be dropped.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Lengendaryboss

@Dark
    Sadly this, enjoy it while it lasts right?

#23 1 year ago
  24. actuallyisnotafox

maybe that says something about your games if only a small percentage is finishing it? i dunno im no cliffy b i cant know for sure

#24 1 year ago
  25. Rocketbilly

I wonder if they gather their metrics on how many people beat the game by looking at data collected through online systems via XBL and PSN. It seems like it would be difficult to gather such info any other way. But the flaw in such a mechanism should be obvious.

If that is the case, then they are just ignoring the fact that a huge percentage of console owners never connect their systems online…ever.

Only 48 million XBL profiles exist to date, for a system that sold 75 million units. This means that about 36% of 360 owners were never connected online and thus those people who would never have played the multiplayer, but would have played the campaign, are never recorded in this data sample.

While there are sure to be people who have one profile but had to buy replacement systems, there are also lots of people who have more than one profile, or households with numerous profiles on a single system. Short of a huge number on one side and not the other, those two stats would cancel each other, keeping the percentage basically at what I stated. This indicates that metrics gathered via online service have an inherent sampling bias which will always be present in a convenience sample.

While it may be tempting to assume that a big business knows how to gather stats, I think recent events have shown us how completely out of touch with both the market and reality these folks can be.

#25 1 year ago
  26. sg1974

@24 Well there is that. I have to admit, I always struggled to find the motivation to finish a CoD SP (before I decided I’d rather let a tarantula set up home in my ear and lay its eggs than play another one).

#26 1 year ago
  27. Citrus raptor

I get what you mean, but I’d say a few less. There are a bunch who have multiple 360s and/or PS3s.

#27 1 year ago
  28. sg1974

Oh, I’ve just realised who is making Titanfall…

This is fine guys, just give us the MP.

#28 1 year ago
  29. KrazyKraut

I know what he means… I was just one of ten ppl in our office who finished the Blops2 campaign….

#29 1 year ago
  30. AmiralPatate

“Only 48 million XBL profiles exist to date, for a system that sold 75 million units. This means that about 36% of 360 owners were never connected online”

You’re assuming one profile equals one console. Which is wrong. I know a bunch of people with one account and a couple Xboxes.

Anyway, it’s not a requirement to make a solo campaign. DICE desperately tried to add one, and they made the worst FPS campaign I ever played with BF3. So Titanfall, probably a good thing they focus all their time and resources on the multiplayer.

#30 1 year ago
  31. POOP CRUSTY

I guess innovating minds are a thing of the past. Sure we have a few great single player games that are top notch, but the emphasis isn’t being put into SP like it was before. For games like Halo, Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid, They stand tall above others because no matter how crazy, unrealistic the plot might be, it works. It came out of someone’s mind and they didn’t care wether it was going to be liked or not. They told the story how they wanted and put time into thinking things through instead of getting ideas at toilet time.

#31 1 year ago
  32. orakaa

No Single Player = no buy for me.
    I rarely play multiplayer, and when I do, it’s a bonus on top of the single player aspect of the game. I get bored REALLY fast on MP FPS and don’t find any amusement on hearing 12 years old kids insulting each other’s mother, even when they are on the same team.

I can see why they wanted to make savings on the game development, but this doesn’t seem to match my tastes (actually the only interesting thing to me was the mecha part, because the rest looked REALLY generic).

I’m much more interested, from what we’ve seen, by Destiny, with some sort of hub-like/open world with a mix of solo/grouped instances and open/public events.

#32 1 year ago
  33. noherczeg

It amazes me that after a so straight forward E3 demo you guys really thought that this will have any relevant SP in the first place. People really do care about shitty, half-baked, 4-6 hours SP content when it’s soooo trivial that the game is made for MP??? This is just… wow.

#33 1 year ago
  34. dkpunk

I can see some people getting upset by this. But truthfully who bought blops2 or bf3 for their single player? I mean bought quake or unreal for single player back in the day? I’d much rather them focus everything on mp then tack on *cough* bf3 *cough* sp experience.

#34 1 year ago
  35. Francis O

LOL, gotta love the laziness from these Western developers.

#35 1 year ago
  36. TrickyAudio

I’ll pass

#36 1 year ago
  37. manamana

@poop you need to play TLOU.

Of course they had access to data from MW2. And those games (competitive MP) aren’t designed for SP, obviously. But what a fuckedup statement that nobody finishes a SP game. Make a great SP game and people will love it. The opposite is true. A great SP game doesn’t need tacked on MP!

#37 1 year ago
  38. TheWulf

Oh, it’s his usual spiel. I like how a few days he mentioned that modding on the PC was dead. Then the same day there was an article about a game getting Steam workshop support, and another today.

He’s a bit of an idiot, really. Best ignored.

#38 1 year ago
  39. xxJPRACERxx

Good. There’s no need for mp in a sp game and no need for sp in a mp game. The only mp allowed in a sp game is co-op.

#39 1 year ago
  40. LooneyLad

Should be called Titanfail then…

#40 1 year ago
  41. machy

@4 bingo (Y)

#41 1 year ago
  42. reask

Yeah I get this actually and not as an xbot btw.
    I am playing god of war 1 again atm on hard.
    Because I just like these games sp mode.
    I have blops 2 and mw whatever no it is and have played a few missions of each but put lots of hours in to mp.

I have no idea how good or bad this game will be but kudos to them for admitting that there focus is on mp only.

Bad sp aint worth it just for the sake of it.

#42 1 year ago
  43. Christopher Jack

Then I certainly wouldn’t pay RRP for it. Well I don’t on anything but that’s irrelevant.

#43 1 year ago
  44. heroes159

Some people missed the point here. He is not talking about every single player game. Games like Bio shock , Tomb Raider Should focus on Making a great Single player Campaign. They just dont need a Worthless multiplayer. Games like COD, BF ,Titanfall should focus on Multiplayer. They don’t need to waste their resources on Single Player. They Should just use that resources to create an awesome Multiplayer game with Developer support. Vince Zampella is ryt. Also RESPAWN is a Small team. They are specialized in Multiplayer.. So its better stick with Multiplayer.

#44 1 year ago
  45. noamlol2

no singleplayer=no buy

#45 1 year ago
  46. Rikki

Most people that play CoD don’t even touch the single player. So this is a good move on their part. Focus on making the multiplayer as best as they can. To bad I won’t be playing it for a while, the game looks really amazing.

#46 1 year ago
  47. pcbros

@1 No one will play it! The game to play is Killbone 3! Same game with a shiny paint job! No one plays COD series anymore, we all play the Killbone series :p

Who wants awesome multiplayer when you can fight AI! Surrender all to Killbone!

#47 1 year ago
  48. MCTJim

I have played single player on the biggest franchises, but found myself going to multi 9 times out of 10 I like playing with my friends..so I think this game will do fine.

I would rather see Halo go single player myself as I never really liked the multiplayer.

#48 1 year ago
  49. livewired500

I’m glad there is no single player for this. Just like I was thrilled Bioshock Infinite didn’t have a MP. Wasted resources on something that isn’t the main focus or purpose of the game usually causes issues.

Look at BF3 and the total wasted that is it’s single player. They are making the same mistake again with BF4. Battlefield doesn’t need a SP. It’s an MP game. Had they put those people and money towards the MP, maybe there wouldn’t have been so many bugs.

I’m excited for Titanfall. I’ll be playing on the PC where my CPU is powerful enough it don’t need some stinking cloud!

#49 1 year ago
  50. Ekona

At least, for once, a developer is being honest about their aims. I gave up on CoD after MW2 because it was clear that the SP was having 45 mins and £3.67 spent on it, so if they’re not prepared to give a solid SP game then that’s fine. Like other genres that I don’t enjoy, like an RTS for example, I can just give an MP-only game a miss and save myself a few quid.

Sure, I’m disappointed, but at least there’s clarity here for once.

#50 1 year ago
  51. The_Red

I was just thinking…

Halo made the console online multiplayer popular with H2. The first one was also big on LAN / connected systems and YET… A lot of the same people that love Halo’s multiplayer are Halo fans BECAUSE of the singleplayer and attachment to Master Chief.

The singleplayer may not be the focus but it starts the emotional connection. Many people are saying “Yeah, COD campaigns suck but they forget how great and popular the singleplayer portions of COD2 and COD4 were. Hell, one of the best things about COD4 was the unexpected singleplayer twist AND the insane sniper level.

Saying that makes me sad about Titanfall. The dev are not doing anything wrong and I believe it’s better to focus on one aspect rather than trying to have singleplayer, co-op, multiplayer and all crammed in. That said, without singleplayer Titanfall is off for me.

#51 1 year ago
  52. prudislav

Suddenly i lost all my interests

#52 1 year ago
  53. Docker Al

Well it’s only coming out on Xbox One so only a small percentage of gamers will have the option to play it.

#53 1 year ago
  54. Phoenixblight

Wrong. Its coming out for the 360,PC and Xbox One.

#54 1 year ago
  55. manamana

^ And on PS4, although probably a year later …

#55 1 year ago
  56. Phoenixblight

Nothing to confirm or deny that. I was only mentioning the confirmed platforms.

#56 1 year ago
  57. manamana

Uh huh. What will be interesting while Docker mentioned the percentage of gamers, is, which platform will have the most players? Considering the huge 360 installbase one could think that the ‘inferiour’ version would be played the most, without *cloud* enhancement. Or gamers can’t wait to play the latest Respawn game, wont jump to XB180, and are playing on PC, as it’s the supreme platform with all the bells and whistles.

#57 1 year ago
  58. The_Red

It makes sense to have a downloadable game on PC but as full fledged retail game for $60 on a new Xbox? This is the new “Shadowrun FPS” to me.

#58 1 year ago
  59. Samoan Spider

Aw damn, this is sad indeed. I think #51 hit the nail on the head as far as I’m concerned anyway.

#59 1 year ago
  60. G1GAHURTZ

I don’t think Counter Strike ever had a problem with the lack of a campaign.

Besides, Respawn have talked a lot about how the MP will have an SP feel to it, bringing the ‘emotional’ side into the online space.

I’d wait before writing it off, if all you’re looking for is a storyline, because it may well have one.

#60 1 year ago
  61. Demigod

Yeah without single player I wont get it. Agree with 51

#61 1 year ago
  62. Cort

So this is going to be a mid-priced download only game?

Plenty of devs can make an SP people want to play and want to finish. Maybe those devs who complain about the used game industry should first check they aren’t one of the devs who make appalling SP campaigns, and if they’re not, turn on those who are.

From what I saw of Titanfall, it has the potential to have a terrific story on the disc. But of course, SP would mean people without Live subscriptions would want to play it…..I think I’ve just found the reason.

#62 1 year ago
  63. Max Payne

People have to understand their are small team and this is their first game.So having focus just on MP is good thing. Did people bitched about Unreal tournament , quake 3 or Battlefield 1942 for not having SP ?
    Probably when team gets bigger with Titanfall 2 and 3 you will get your SP.

#63 1 year ago
  64. Cort

Bf1942 didn’t cost 59.99. And if the studio is small, they can invest in a bigger team and recoup on big day one sales for a great game with a great story as well as a great multiplayer. I’m sure MS would support them given the game’s exclusivity to their platforms (if they haven’t already written them a cheque).

As I said, I think this is more about revenue than the studio’s ability to deliver an SP. When these guys were part of a huge billion dollar studio they couldn’t deliver a decent story-based game, remember? And they say the reason is people don’t finish it, not that they can’t do it, remember?

#64 1 year ago
  65. jack2264

To be blunt I wish more companies did this when it came to the development of games. Creating extra modes costs money and time, which could be used to enhance the main mode. For example the multiplayer mode in the new tomb raider took 6 months and more then $50000 to develop and it sucked. Imagine if they had put that extra time and money in to the single player game which is what everyone bought it for.

#65 1 year ago
  66. Max Payne

@64 Yea they can do it, but it would just take lot of time.Look I played every cod SP at least twice or more. And I enjoy every one. But when I looked how long they are developing Titanfall and still they are going to ship it next year and that’s just MP.
    And again I don’t people will have problem with having no SP because they will say :” oh another linear ,Micheal bay explosion with bad story…”

Only reason to justify $60 price tag if it comes with lot of MP maps.

@65 Or if Homeront didn’t have SP just like Fuels of War ?

#66 1 year ago
  67. mehdidante

no SP no love for this one .COD4 had awesome SP and MP in the same time so just say u cannot do that not that u dont want . thats just an excuse .

#67 1 year ago
  68. zinc

Translation: “We’re never going to top the SP campaign of COD 4, so we’ve stopped trying”.

#68 1 year ago
  69. OmegaSlayer

I bought CODs (when price was reasonable) from MW to BlOps2 only for the SP.
    Didn’t touch the multiplayer except for some on MW2.

For me MP must be an attachment to the game o prevent resell, not the main selling point

#69 1 year ago
  70. Fin

Yeah the CoD SP has generally been great (apart from MW2, which sucked).

#70 1 year ago
  71. loki

Titanfall doesn’t contain single-player because we don’t have time to make game better and bigger we make PC port

#71 1 year ago
  72. Cobra951

At least they’re honest. Better than a lousy 4-hour SP campaign. They’re saying the game is just not meant for SP players like me, so I won’t waste my money. Thanks!

#72 1 year ago
  73. karma

#72: Yeah its not my cuppa either. No need to waste my money on it, like I have sometimes done with past shooters that have included bolt on SP modes. There was and is nothing worse than wasting money on CoD / BF half-arsed single player campaigns.

The message here makes things very clear, ‘If you love single player games, then this isn’t for you.’ And I’m totally fine with that. Its about time publishers stopped forcing bolt on modes and features into games that aren’t designed for the target audience. This way the budget can stay at a more reasonable level and the devs can make a better game by focus on delivering a specific experience to a specific demographic of gamer.

The setting and art looks cool though. Perhaps next time around they can make a single player only game in the same setting. That I would be interested in.

#73 1 year ago
  74. DSB

@64 When BF1942 launched, the price was 45 dollars.

The Battlefield series was always really expensive.

I remember paying something like 30 dollars for the Special Forces expansion, which was really just a collection of maps and skins, along with a few new weapons.

#74 1 year ago
  75. Khan979

Personally I can’t say I finish all the SP campaigns in games that are primarily meant to be MP (never finished Bad Co. 2 for instance) but I do play through most of them if they are even semi decent. I guess I am in the Minority.

If they want to exclude SP, that’s fine but don’t launch the game at a $60 price tag. if at launch its only $20-30, I am cool with you saving money by not including a SP campaign, and passing that savings to the consumer.

Does anyone know if this is going to be released on disc or is it going to be just a Downloadable game? Or, is it some FTP thing with micro transactions?

#75 1 year ago
  76. Max Payne

@75 I think it will be standard $60 disk.
    They said there isn’t going to be any micro transactions or day 1 dlc.

#76 1 year ago
  77. The_Red

This being an EA game, there is no way they’re not gonna milk it with in game transactions and DLC.

#77 1 year ago
  78. G1GAHURTZ

@76:

It’s shaping up to be something new that hasn’t been done on this scale, AFAIK.

It’s an online FPS that has an SP feel/story/plot, because as you play through it, there are characters and cutscenes that are the same as they would be in an SP campaign. The difference is that instead of the actual gameplay being offline, you’re playing against a combination of bots and other people.

That’s where the so called blurred lines between SP and MP is supposed to occur.

With that in mind, I seriously doubt that they’re looking at putting it out at anything less than full price.

#78 1 year ago
  79. Llewelyn_MT

Any reason for a) PC player to pick it up now? It looks worse than an average free to play title out there and no SP = no story…

#79 1 year ago
  80. Kuwabara

So now there is nothing to look forward to on xbox one, except maybe quantum break. Ps4 all the way.

#80 1 year ago
  81. Demigod

To clarify I have no problems with it being multi-player only and Im sure it will be good. I used to play unreal tournament and quake 3 a lot. But now I prefer sp. I still play multi every now and then and have a blast but I wont buy a game just for the Mp anymore.

#81 1 year ago
  82. hitnrun

…what?

Contrary to the cliche thrown around gaming communities, usage statistics show that a majority of users never touch the multiplayer component of popular “multiplayer shooters.”

So basically, their bean counters are telling them that there’s no point in making the last third of a single player game’s levels, but they have just enough sense to cut the entire thing rather than stop the game midway.

I guess the answer is here:

They’re trying to do the annual shooter model on the cheap. Good luck with that, Vince.

#82 1 year ago
  83. livewired500

I believe you are thinking of Destiny and other MMOs. MMO’s like Guild Wars2 have mixed SP narrative into their MP experiences. Nothing new but FPS have been stealing from RPGs for a long time.

Titanfall (from the little we’ve seen at e3) looks similar to Operations mode in Killzone 3, just on a much larger scale.

#83 1 year ago
  84. xboxrulz

I for one can’t stand FPS MP games as I only last about 30 seconds til I’m dead. That goes on for about 2 minutes then its thrown across the room! I won’t be buying it and that’s that. So whatever , it looked good. But no thanks! And good call #82

#84 1 year ago
  85. The_Red

So it’s a singleplayer game with always-online DRM that adds people as bots whenever it can?

#85 1 year ago
  86. G1GAHURTZ

^ Sure… if that makes you feel better.

#86 1 year ago
  87. zinc

Guns, jet-packs & big robots… Theirs a lot to like.

Obviously their’ll be some narrative to help immerse gamers into the universe & the mp maps are going to be a lot different to the small scale maps of COD…

Lets see how it all fits together.

#87 1 year ago
  88. Maguire82

@ Every one with a negative comment….. watch the trailer again and you will see there is nothing to be negative about and if your not a fan of FPS then why are you even here? As for me this game is a must have.

#88 1 year ago
  89. mistermogul

That’s that one crossed off my list…

#89 1 year ago
  90. CaptPierce

Why do they make it so hard to like shooters though, man? :(

#90 1 year ago
  91. Joe_Gamer

I guess I’m not the target demographic for this one, oh well. I hope all these new shooters flop, I am so sick of multi-player oriented bullshit. I buy games FOR the story, that’s probably why I quit Halo 4 halfway through, they just put zero effort into single player campaigns these days. Multi-player holds no interest to me, Had a 360 since day one and NEVER played one minute of online.

Puts almost no effort into single player, says no one plays single player campaigns anymore…self fulfilling bullshit.

#91 1 year ago
  92. Vice

Fucking assholes, I PLAY ONLY FOR SINGLEPLAYER!!
    I bought whole xbox260 for halo SINGLE player.
    You don’t want players to rush through it in 8 mins? Well, here’s a fucking genius idea: DON’T MAKE IT SO FUCKING SHORT, DON’T SPEND TIME AND RESOURCES ON FUCKING MULTIPLAYER AND SPENT IT ON SINGLE PLAYER INSTEAD!!

Geez what a fucking losers…. Take your fucking game and shove it up your asses, you won’t see my money.

#92 1 year ago
  93. KineticCalvaria

@92, that’s one less drama queen online. Thank god.

#93 1 year ago
  94. MadFingerz

“We make these single-player missions that take up all the focus of the studio, that take a huge team six months to make”

I almost spilled a lung.

“And how many people finish the single-player game? It’s a small percentage. It’s like, everyone plays through the first level, but 5% of people finish the game.”

I wonder why that is…

#94 1 year ago
  95. Borderlandsmaniac469

I honestly don’t give 2 shits about whether Titanfall has a campaign. And zinc, I found CoD 4′s campaign boring as fuck. The multiplayer, however was awesome. Multiplayer is where its at. Just look at Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 2. They’re both fucking incredible games and the don’t have a campiagn. For fucks sake people just give it a try. You might just love it. I wanted to have nothing to do with the Half-Life series. I thought it was stupid and pointless. Then I played and I was dazzled by the amazingness. Just try it please. You just might enjoy it.

#95 11 months ago
  96. antraxsuicide

I’ll add my two cents on it.

Respawn is making a fantastic decision by cutting SP. It’s a complete waste of resources, and a HUGE waste of budget. Getting budgets under control is one of the biggest issues that publishers and developers need to address, and this news makes me hopeful that they can do it.

Sorry to those of you who don’t like MP, but not all games are going to cater to your tastes. Stop whining like damn vegans.

#96 11 months ago
  97. metalwabbit

Okay I’m finding myself doing the game reviewer pro and con thing here

Pro
    It’s an interesting concept to see how they;ll merge single player missions with multiplier action.

The transition between on foot first person shooter and giant robot piloting looks seamless.

And the robots have a unique rougher look which is probably more realistic as they would be made for efficiency not to look pretty in real life.

Cons
    Obviously the lack of a single player campaign. Antraxsuicide yes it is a way to cut costs and improve on multiplier but it costs them money as well. If they “wasted” the time completing a single player campaign then they could reach more customers and earn MORE money for the money and time invested. Too many giant robot games go “well more people will play multiplayer not single player so forget that we’re going all multiplayer” what about those of us who CAN’T play multiplayer because we lack the funds for live but we still would have bought the game? You’ve isolated a large group of customers by cutting this potential market off I don’t think the company is stupid or wrong for trying things their way I am just pointing out if they’re going to say they’re doing it because it’s more cost efficient not to have a single player I’m pointing out it’s more profitable TO have it. Wow this was long sorry about that!

#97 11 months ago