Outlast gets 11-minute PS4 gameplay video, scares inside

Friday, 21st June 2013 09:35 GMT By Dave Cook

Outlast developer Red Barrels has published an 11-minute gameplay video showing its PC & PS4 horror title in action.

The game follows a journalist as he enters an old asylum teeming with ghoulish inmates, and places an emphasis on stealth and – when being chased by bad bastards – lots of climbing and running.

I interviewed the studio last year, and the game sounds very scary indeed. Plus, as the studio is largely made up of ex-Splinter Cell devs and coders from other triple-a studios, Outlast is definitely one to watch.

Thanks Artico White.

1. orakaa

I’m interested. Could turn out to be a good game, although the whole “camera batteries” found almost everywhere is a little bit weird.

I miss good horror games.

#1 10 months ago
  2. pg17

I think I just saw a Locust…

Nevermind, add Occulus Rift support and I will wet my pants.

#2 10 months ago
  3. tCruzin

Meh, could be decent.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Clupula

“Bad Bastards” sounds like a Data East beat-em-up populated by Guy Ritchie characters.

#4 10 months ago
  5. CyberMarco

This game will be available for PS+ users on PS4 along these too

-Don’t Starve

-Secret Ponchos

-Drive Club PlayStation Plus Edition

Source:

#5 10 months ago
  6. NinjaMidget

Screw this, I ain’t watching anymore!

Can’t wait to soil myself playing it though!

#6 10 months ago
  7. xino

looks like the BORING version of Fatal Frame:/

#7 10 months ago
  8. ps3fanboy

looks good will get this when released..

#8 10 months ago
  9. onlineatron

I’ve got this and Zombie Studio’s Daylight all mixed up in my head.

Spent the whole demo swearing it’s the game you played as a woman in. But no, that’s Daylight. Also thought the game ran on UE4. But no, that’s Daylight.

Apparently I’m racist towards Amnesia-inspired FPS horror games.

#9 10 months ago
  10. onlineatron

Oh! This runs on UE4 as well. So that’s two first-person, Paranormal Activity-esque UE4 horror games heading to PS4. Cool.

#10 10 months ago