Watch Dogs shown on Jimmy Fallon: hacking, chases & driving shown

Thursday, 20th June 2013 12:57 GMT By Dave Cook

Watch Dogs has appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, showing off new gameplay of Ubisoft Montreal’s hackable sandbox. There’s also some weird things going on with a sex doll. Yep.

During the clip Aisha Tyler stated that Watch Dogs, “feels like it has all the components of Grand Theft Auto but its bigger and more exciting. It’s an open-world hacking game, but you can be stealthy, you can be a spy, you can be balls-out shooting, you can be driving. Every single thing you want to do in a game, you can do in this game and it’s very cool.”

What do you make of the footage above?

Thanks Kotaku.

1. rapsound

ESTABILISHING BRANDS YEAH YEAH SPENDING MILLIONS
    I’D BUY IT W/O ANY MARKETING FOR $10

#1 10 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 u mad bro?

#2 10 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

Uff, the end made me feel embarrassed.

#3 10 months ago
  4. rapsound

@2 I’m OK
    The last thing on TV that made me buy something was Tomb Raider.
    Because it was funny and entertaining. Still, 3.4 millions is not enough.

STOP SPENDING EXTRA MONEY PUBLISHERS

#4 10 months ago
  5. Erthazus

The more I look at the game and it looks like more of a generic Assassins Creed game.

Hacking is just too simplistic in this game. “Press X to Hack”. Driving is… meh.. Not on par with GTA games…

#5 10 months ago
  6. Max Payne

Aisha is just trying to hard…

#6 10 months ago
  7. onlineatron

Oh wow! Had no idea Aisha was in the game. So cool. LAAANAAAA!

#7 10 months ago
  8. NeoSquall

@4 take a walk, occupy-guy, I don’t think publishers need your your morality lessons

@5 GTA IV driving is terrible, even Saints Row 2 did it better, not to mention The Third’s, and in this case it’s just Jimmy Fallon that can’t drive stick in a game

@7 she’s referring to the Watch_Dogs multiplayer, in which you can influence other people cities and missions

Anyway, Aisha’s hair is heinous, I don’t know if I despise it because it makes her look taller than she already is or because it’s just awful.

#8 10 months ago
  9. rapsound

@8 Neither do I need yours

#9 10 months ago
  10. pukem0n

ok, this Aisha woman is getting my nerves.

once a year on their E3 briefing really is enough screen time…

#10 10 months ago
  11. Moonwalker1982

Agreed. It looked damn good last year at E3, but since then a noticeable downgrade has happened with the graphics. It just doesn’t look all that special to me.

Oh my. Saints Row 2 and 3 better driving? yeah ok….just no. In GTA IV you at least had the feeling of actually driving something, in SR it’s just cheap and horribly designed. But i guess you prefer that. In GTA IV they made sure to put realistic physics on those cars, they actually leaned when turning a corner and so on. It’s beyond horrible in Saints Row. Or in most other sand box games for that matter.

#11 10 months ago
  12. Erthazus

@8, just NO.

Saints Row driving is Arcade at best.
    Second game don’t even start. The worst driving mechanics ever. It’s like driving a coffin

#12 10 months ago
  13. Hcw87

Not to mention the cars in Saints Row have unlimited gears. It’s funny shifting 10-20 times while driving over a bridge for example. Breaks immersion.

#13 10 months ago
  14. undermyrules

if this is the true power of ps4 then im very dissapointed…so much fps drops when driving its just massive…and the graphics are way better on the gameplay trailer shown which was run on PC…so this game is meant to be play on PC all the way.

#14 10 months ago
  15. Mr Sparkle

Is she on Ubisoft’s payroll now?

#15 10 months ago
  16. Rafa_L

Yeah, dangerous statement to say it’s better than GTA, it’s provoking a lot of fans.

#16 10 months ago
  17. manamana

Ubisoft tends to streamline their games a tad too much for the broad audience and in anticipation of a new, milkable franchise. I will watch Watchdogs closely but I just don’t know, I feel it will be halfbaked when it arrives at retail.

#17 10 months ago
  18. RocknRolla

@8 NeoSquall
    Why do you speak out of your ass? Saints row driving is the worst to date.. GTA has the best driving if compared to aaany open world game period! Especially GTA 4 driving is more than amazing, well except the bikes..

#18 10 months ago
  19. sg1974

@18 I thought the vehicle handling in GTAIV was appalling. Every car handled like a canal barge crossing the Atlantic – hard to get it where you wanted to go, and rolling and pitching like a bitch. Vehicle physics were much better in Just Cause 2 (haven’t played many open worlds; this was the best I’ve seen).

#19 10 months ago
  20. NeoSquall

If you want leaning cars and “realistic” gears count just go to Gran Turismo, Forza, Need for Speed, The Crew or whatever racing game you may fancy.
    Driving mechanics should NOT be a focal point in a Action Open World game.

#20 10 months ago
  21. zinc

Main protagonist runs around with bandana over his face & no-one in the game cares.

Cars don’t handle “realistically”, hacking via phone too “easy” & dweebs complain .

Lol, i hear he recovers health over time, instead of seeking hospital treatment !!

#21 10 months ago