Poll: Will you buy an Xbox One since the DRM policy has been dropped?

Thursday, 20th June 2013 11:34 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One’s DRM, used game and 24-hour authentication policies have been dropped by Microsoft, and we want to know if the u-turn is enough to make you want to buy a console. Cast your vote here.

To take part, simply head over to our online poll and click a button to register your opinion. We’ll announce the results once a sensible amount of people have decided.

To play catch-up with the Xbox one policy change, as well as Microsoft’s statement on the matter, check out our full report here.

Meanwhile, EA has said it will not bring back its dreaded online pass model following Microsoft’s decision.

1. MidlifeAxe

“oh my gurd. ur just trying to get all us to argue again so u can boost your traffic!11″

Just kidding.

#1 10 months ago
  2. CyberMarco

Again, nope.

I just hope the internet doesn’t perceive this as Microsoft giving a shit about people wanting to play offline all of a sudden. They clearly thought that after showing off their selection of games at E3 the internet would change its views and when nothing changed they decided to pull a 180 as fast as fucking possible to save what little positive PR they have left. If Microsoft truly cared about consumers then they would’ve removed this DRM back when the rumors started to surface about this always online MONTHS ago. Fuck ‘em.

*DISCLAIMER*

I don’t mean that other corporations don’t act along those lines…

#2 10 months ago
  3. Dave Cook

@1 Hah :D

#3 10 months ago
  4. Malmer

Sure I will buy it. Like before the change. And I will buy the PS4. Because, believe it or not, some of us care more about the actual games.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Kanok

Nope, as long as Mattrick are being in Microsoft.

#5 10 months ago
  6. For Blood

Darn, I wanted to vote “No” but then realised a Facebook account was required. No Facebook = No Vote

#6 10 months ago
  7. ieyan

waiting for the price drop then i probably will considering to buy the xbox1..

#7 10 months ago
  8. Erthazus

Nope, but I’m glad that everything is fine right now.

#8 10 months ago
  9. Tech-N9ne

Its about time you just shut the fuck up and move on, get a job , go to work or go to school or something, rather than troll every Xbox article saying shit on a console you never had any intention of buying DRM or No DRM.

Back to the OP, Yes pre-order long time ago. The good thing now is some of my friends that were on the fence are scrambling to get in a pre-order now. Good to have them back on board now.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Pytox

Nope still kinect mandatory and also still more expensive and i dont forget what they done and smile

#10 10 months ago
  11. M. K.

Of course I will. As soon as MS is going to drop kinect and the price :)

#11 10 months ago
  12. js779

PS4 for me. But I just like Sony’s games a whole lot more. Ever have and that got nothing to do with any hate for Microsoft. Xbox One probably sometimes down the road if there are really a few interesting titles by then. We’ll see.

#12 10 months ago
  13. Irani

YESSSSSSSSSSSS XBOX ONE FOREVER

#13 10 months ago
  14. redwood

voted!!!!

#14 10 months ago
  15. OwnedWhenStoned

No. Don’t use my PS3 that much apart from Netflix and the odd game of FIFA so I’m wavering about buying anything next gen. If I do it’ll be PS4.

#15 10 months ago
  16. Digital Bamboo

It’s a good (business) move on their part, but no.

There are only so many hours in the day to game, & other systems just appeal to me more.

Even though I won’t be getting One personally, I think this will make for a much better next-gen than what we were heading for a few days ago.

#16 10 months ago
  17. John117

I would’ve bought it anyways, though I just lost some interest after the recent changes… IMO the sharing policy was bloody awesome, so much better than anything we have seen before… But people couldnt see past the word DRM >_>
    And seriously, anyone who thinks MS would want to spy on you while your playing games naked on the couch should consider taking off their tinfoil hat and get some fresh air.

#17 10 months ago
  18. Bomba Luigi

Well, Yes. But not at Day one, PS4 gets my Money there. Probably 2-3 Years after Launch or so.

However, my Voice is worth Shit since I don’t have Facebook :P

#18 10 months ago
  19. CyberMarco

lololololololo!

#19 10 months ago
  20. Kieran

i stuck with playstation since i bought the ps2 & i love ps plus and free online on ps3 !!! and i know im going to love the ps4 free games every month no X1 stuff and its also cheaper :) so im sticking with PS4

#20 10 months ago
  21. Docker Al

@6 Here, here. What’s with this fucked up policy of having to have a Facebook account to vote in a poll? Said poll is completely worthless as only brain-dead fucktards can vote. And on topic I won’t touch this Spybox as long as that surveillance camera is mandatory.

#21 10 months ago
  22. Francis O

Nope

#22 10 months ago
  23. Rikki

My answer is the same. No, I didn’t care about the DRM stuff, the generation after this both consoles will have it. The price and the exclusives is what I care most about. I’ll get a XONE when the first hardware revision or price drop happens.

#23 10 months ago
  24. ps3fanboy

i am NOT buying the xbone trojan box… the draconian drm is still in it and they can change everything with a patch in seconds. so i am not falling for their desperate back paddling and the ‘we’ listen to our customer bs. the 7 year rrod and disc scratching disaster is not forgotten!

#24 10 months ago
  25. For Blood

Oh and people who vote yes because of the change, don’t think they won’t add it back at some point.

#25 10 months ago
  26. CyberMarco

Same thing applies to Sony and PS4, so don’t hold your breath on that matter…

#26 10 months ago
  27. Ireland Michael

Yes, but not until the price drops to at least the mid €300 range.

#27 10 months ago
  28. wildBoar

Microsoft panicked simply because they weren’t getting drowned in pre-orders like they hoped. That was the catalyst and not any gaming forum. If it wasn’t abundantly clear already all Microsoft cares about is profits, and their console has no unique feature the PS4 doesn’t have now other than TV and Kinect which are the dumbest selling points for a console to date.

#28 10 months ago
  29. Sylrissa

Maybe in a couple of years when the price drops, which is an improvement from my previous thoughts on the xbox 1 of never going to ever touch it.

#29 10 months ago
  30. diggidy

Not at launch, will wait and see which exclusive games are available down the line and how they perform, same with the PS4. The games line up at the end of the year for any console that has me the most excited is the PS3 so no rush on my side.

#30 10 months ago
  31. G1GAHURTZ

Well, well, well. Look at this.

Why am I not surprised…?

MS listened to a bunch of raging forumites who never had any intention of buying the X1 in the first place, and would probably only ever buy it if it was made by anyone other than Microsoft.

Now people who were actually interested in the thing for what it was have had the features that they were actually looking forward to ripped out for absolutely nothing.

Wow.

I actually hope the console fails right now, so that other companies learn the lesson that they should just make what they’re going to make, and not listen to stupid internet campaigns.

Score one for the trolls…

#31 10 months ago
  32. For Blood

@PS3FANBOY

The failure rate was at about 50% with the RROD.

#32 10 months ago
  33. FeaturePreacher

I’d get one once they capitulate on Kinect. All it takes is a little more time and higher ps4 pre-order numbers.

#33 10 months ago
  34. Hcw87

That’s the best answer i’ve seen on here, good to know this site isn’t just filled with clueless fanboys.

Games matter, not the console. Actually, the only thing people should have been concerned about is the kinect camera/mic being online 24/7 or not, and Microsoft’s involvement in the PRISM scandal. DRM is really nothing compared to that.

#34 10 months ago
  35. Gnosis

@33 Basically this, although I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

#35 10 months ago
  36. Ireland Michael

@31 *waves*

A solid price and a decent lineup of titles I want and I’ll be all over it.

Consoles are not a “blink and you’ll miss it” sort of thing, They will be the relevant major console hardware until at least 2020. They success is not determined overnight.

#36 10 months ago
  37. Sylrissa

@36 Exactly, I’ll wait for a version where they drop the kinect and have a good lineup for titles that I would personally enjoy, which is only 2 games from that conference that interested me.

Not enough for me to spend 500 on a new console.

#37 10 months ago
  38. Fin

Jesus, what a fucking moron to comment “girl gamers are hot”.

Way to push the stereotype bro.

#38 10 months ago
  39. ps3fanboy

@32 For Blood, IT IS DOCUMENTED THAT THE FAILURE RATE OF RROD WAS OVER 70%. SO DON’T COME HERE WITH YOUR DAMN BS!

#39 10 months ago
  40. sg1974

There were three things stopping me upgrading to The One. MS have only dropped two.

No Kinect and closer to 300 than 400, and we’ll talk.

@36 Don’t feed the trolls.

#40 10 months ago
  41. Bomba Luigi

@31: I said I buy it at one Point in Time. I said before the Change I never buy it.

Just because People were not happy with the X1 Conept dosn’t mean they are trolls. sometimes people are not happy with something for good Reasons.

#41 10 months ago
  42. Hcw87

You’re here, so there’s allready more than enough BS.

#42 10 months ago
  43. For Blood

@PS3FANBOY

That has to make it the worst system of all time, hardware and longevity speaking.

#43 10 months ago
  44. Blue Oni

Nope.

Before i consider an XB1 they have to offer a kinect free version,lower the price and show exclusive games that aren’t just more shooters and QTE fests.

Btw its price needs to be less than PS4′s since it has lower specs.

#44 10 months ago
  45. TheBlackHole

@31 nailed it.

+1000

#45 10 months ago
  46. Irani

SONY PLEASE GET LOST , LONG LIVE MICROSOFT

#46 10 months ago
  47. manamana

No, still not buying into it, as I really made my mind up and I’m happy with my decision on PS4. Somewhere down the road, I might pick it up. Quite the contrary from this gen, where I had 360 day one and the PS3 much later, even after the Wii.

But I’m glad that Microsoft ditched their nonesense.

#47 10 months ago
  48. hosseincode

hey why not installing wordpress poll plugin? you can polls directly inside your articles, no need to go to facebook and that means more votes…

#48 10 months ago
  49. SplatteredHouse

No, probably not. I found a minority (Insomniac’s Sunset Overdrive, mainly) of their games appealing, that I saw at the conference. The others I thought looked promising were multiplatform(mainly MGSV), so I don’t have to muck about with Kinect, either in order to play them. It would be unfortunate to have to miss out on Sunset, but I’ve no interest in buying a system based on that trailer – and most likely not to sate my interest of that one game!

I do not believe that Microsoft’s platform strategy is solid, and I have seen no evidence that they’re not just carrying on as they have been the last two or three years – rudderless. I appreciate the concession to region free games and console. I am definitely behind that. But, I just think the Sony lineup is much richer, their first-party offers more appealing games. I feel I can count on them to deliver. I am more enthused over Gaikai’s potential, than the statements and pipe-dreams of a company that just yells “cloud” anytime they get asked a difficult question in an interview.

I’m not convinced by Microsoft. They don’t have the community, or developer, support track-record of Sony. Their US-centric service nature smashes value away from worldwide markets, and that too, is tiring. I’ve seen what that’s like, and I’m not prepared to chance my arm a second time. Microsoft need to sell this box, and so far, my impression is that they are failing miserably.

Interesting point: Heard this suggestion on a podcast recently: The policy changes we saw were to be introduced, the shift of the Xbox into a Microsoft Box – is it because the Xbox (Entertainment Division) position in the company also shifted, and they intended to load a popular product with lots of less popular in the past (as individual) Microsoft concepts? Is the mother-ship re-gripping the reins?

#49 10 months ago
  50. manamana

@46 I’ld take it as a yes.

Please ban this troll.

#50 10 months ago
  51. silkvg247

Nah not gonna get one. Just subbed to PSPlus today!

#51 10 months ago
  52. CyberMarco

Welcome to the club! :)

#52 10 months ago
  53. gamereck36

Whats gonna happen is MS is going to try to get the fan base back on board with the XBOX One and 1 year later bam DRM talks start again and then its implemented. The problem is we have no clue on what MS is thinking since we are not sitting in the meetings.

#53 10 months ago
  54. OwnedWhenStoned

@46 https://encyclopediadramatica.se/ALL_CAPS

#54 10 months ago
  55. xAKUM3TSUx

I now have no reason to hate it….Well maybe Kinect a little. I can now consider buying it sometime after I get a PS4. I’ll get one when Titanfall releases most likely.

#55 10 months ago
  56. FeaturePreacher

If they’re selling this thing in Asia where the rooms are smaller and Kinect is less reliable, they will be getting rid of kinect as a requirement.

#56 10 months ago
  57. Paranormal Pett

No, because they are still the same company that wanted to shaft it’s consumer base, ship with a product I do not want and some of the services they are pushing won’t be available to me at launch, but for more money then the US. Also, who is not to say that they won’t at a later date unpatch the patch? I do not trust, or have any faith in them as a consumer.

#57 10 months ago
  58. silkvg247

@52 Thanks, where do I get my cocktails and party sausages?

#58 10 months ago
  59. mistermogul

@48 – Don;t think this site uses WordPress mate, think it’s a custom script though not sure. A site-based poll would be much better than FB though definitely.

As far as I’m concerned Microsoft have lost my trust with their privacy shenanigans and the simple fact they tried to be so shit has put my money in Sony’s camp. This is the opposite from this gen where I loved my 360 and skipped PS3.

I might get an Xbone further down the road but as it stands right now I’m PS4/Wii U next gen.

#59 10 months ago
  60. pablo2008jedi

SImply…no. Not at launch anyway. Maybe in a few years if a decent exclusive title shows up. But I’ll be sticking with my PS4

#60 10 months ago
  61. Dave Cook

@59 it is WordPress yeah. New site in the works. Stay tuned.

#61 10 months ago
  62. Ekona

@57 What’s to say that Sony won’t bring in extreme DRM after they’ve sold x million systems?

I can’t understand the blind loyalty and utter belief that MS will always look to screw gamers over (when they’ve already shown they will lose face and listen to customer demands) but Sony won’t (when they’ve not shown anything either way).

All corporations are out to make as much money as possible, and if they could they would screw you for every penny. MS, Sony, Apple, Coke… All of them.

#62 10 months ago
  63. MCTJim

Well, I still have both systems day one pre-odered. The DRM and used game policy never bothered me to begin with. But kudos to them for listening and doing what they did. Only thing I am going to miss was the sharing my library..I thought that feature was cool.

#63 10 months ago
  64. merrc

Oh my god some of these comments are giving me cancer.
    @9 U mad bro? You made your mind up even before you knew about the draconian DRM and I bet you’re now praising the X1 for abolishing it.

Some of us, like me, look at purchases objectively. I’ve had both consoles; I use my x360 way more, but I see through Microsoft’s bullshit when they tried to whole heartedly defend this and call it a “feature.”
    More power, less money, and coming from an American company you know they’re NSA’s bitch.

#64 10 months ago
  65. kezwar

It was never really an an issue for me. I only ever buy brand new anyway as I refuse to feed the greed of retailers. The price is an issue though, as well as the sheer size of the thing. It’s like a bloody breeze-block.

#65 10 months ago
  66. sg1974

People can bitch and whine about “trolls winning” as much as they want, the jump in One preorders today shows that a large number of gamers got what they wanted last night. Unless of course you think a large proportion of the people preordering a One since the DRM announcement are trolls.

#66 10 months ago
  67. zinc

PS4 for me.

Its the better straight up, games console.

The cloud & kinnect are gimmicks. Neither will better your gameplay.

#67 10 months ago
  68. KineticCalvaria

Think I may pick one up eventually, but liking the playstation 4 at the moment. Quite fancy Planetside 2, FF 14, infamous and whatever naughty dog brings us.

As far as xbox goes, quantum break looks interesting but don’t know much about it and titanfall looks good but I’ll just get it on pc.

I think for me it’s Sony’s time to shine, 360 had me this gen due to better multiplatform versions but Sony have got some of my favourite first party games. Uncharted on next gen? Phwoar! Bring it on.

#68 10 months ago
  69. Samoan Spider

I think I’ll be getting one, but I’m still sticking to the idea of waiting a while. More than likely up to a year. To see how the land lies. My PC deserves some upgrade love first so that’s the plan. And if Steam brings the library sharing that I actually liked about the MS DRM plan, then I’ll be very happy.

#69 10 months ago
  70. viralshag

Keeping my X1 pre-order for sure.

The PS4 maybe more powerful but then so was the PS3 and that barely separated them. No games I want, not the pad I want and the only advantage to me is the price and I can live with an £80 difference.

#70 10 months ago
  71. stretch215

The difference in visuals for games will be slight, with ps4 looking a little better. Just like this gen. : http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156273-xbox-720-vs-ps4-vs-pc-how-the-hardware-specs-compare
    The multiplat games will be near identical I bet, but time will tell. I’m buying xbx1 first and ps4 some time in the spring. I’m hyped.

#71 10 months ago
  72. mistermogul

Another concern with the XB1 for me is their content moving forward.

360 started off with loads of great exclusives and dedicated development studios. It was the “hardcore” machine of choice. Over time those studios went multi-platform and the few exclusives MS have left bore me tbh (except for PGR).

Though they are throwing lots of money around for the launch of XB1 and getting good content, I’m concerned that in a few years time the momentum will die down along with the content just like it has before. In fact I’m quite convinced that the TV/entertainment side of things will be a lot more prominent at the detriment to games.

Overall though and for me personally, Sony’s exclusives appeal to me more and some of MS’s will probably end up on PC anyway (Titanfall).

#72 10 months ago
  73. xAKUM3TSUx

Aww man, the 360 was my “S***!” In the long run- as much as I disliked PS3, especially it’s exclusion of cross-game party chat, I really have to say PS4 really grabbed my attention ten fold because it was first in almost every aspect this time. The price is shiny, they finally have party chat as well, real epic exclusives and PS Plus has benefits!

Although Xbox One equaled the playing field and are off my naughty list. I’m sticking with my initial choice which is the Ps4. It’s sad though, like some people here I don’t have anymore reason to ignore the Xbox One. I will get it someday!

#73 10 months ago
  74. OmegaSlayer

Not in a million years.

#74 10 months ago
  75. Bam007

It didn’t change my mind. I was getting one regardless, but today convinced me to pre-order a second, guessing that there won’t be an awful lot of stock in Australia.

#75 10 months ago
  76. laughing-gravy

Looking at the tally on the poll a lot of people are saying no.

#76 10 months ago
  77. viralshag

Well I am but I’m not voting on FB.

#77 10 months ago
  78. Cobra951

I’m back to considering it. There’s still the issue of the forced Kinect. Will it work in close quarters? My screen sits less than 2 ft in front of me, not 6 ft away in a large room. But at least now I will weigh the new Xbox as an option, as opposed to the complete rejection before the DRM reversal.

#78 10 months ago
  79. SolomanAu

so you are all giving up the option of sharing digital games with friends etc for you pissy disk’s…..its 2013 at least they had a crack at trying something to bring the console industry forward….like steam had haters from day one….good luck i will stick with pc

#79 10 months ago
  80. DSB

The PS4 still wins with me because it seems like PSN is more value for money and indies really matter to me.

But I would definitely consider an Xbox if Microsoft joined everybody else in the 21st century and acknowledged that sales and indies actually add value to a service.

@79 Steam sucked on day one, and they didn’t have a lot of competition, which is probably the only reason they survived that period.

Microsoft doesn’t have that luxury.

#80 10 months ago
  81. The Last Nomad

Hell no would I buy this, it may have lost some of the more seriously studid aspects, but this console is still geared towards a cloud based system, Something I can never be a part of with the shit internet capabilities I have at home. And also, it only has one game I am interested in. And that game is coming out on ps3, x360 and ps4 too, so there are 3 consoles I would choose above the Xbox One with my game of choice.

Also: When a compnay like this clearly changes their gameplan to be more like the competition, when they originally were going the opposite way, it never turns out good.

#81 10 months ago
  82. DSB

@81 It’s worked pretty well for Sony though.

#82 10 months ago
  83. KineticCalvaria

@80, I agree with that, Steam has mainly succeeded due to little competition in the early days, it’s certainly gonna be interesting with PSN and XBL next-gen as they’re both well established services and are in direct competition with each other.

#83 10 months ago
  84. NinjaHart

I was always going to get both systems.
    I was just going to be VERY selective about what games to buy for it and probably wouldn’t put much more money in it than the console and a few games.

Now I don’t have to worry about it. :)

#84 10 months ago
  85. stretch215

In the end, it’s all about the games. You petty platform loyalists will be missing some awesome experiences, while myself and many others will be enjoying the best of both machines. We “win”.

#85 10 months ago
  86. polygem

“In the end, it’s all about the games. You petty platform loyalists will be missing some awesome experiences, while myself and many others will be enjoying the best of both machines. We “win””

i couldn´t disagree more with this. you wont win in the long run. in fact you´ll lose. in the long run you support the death of independence, of creativity and diversity in gaming, just by buying into ms´s vision of controlling it all. even now that they pulled it. they tried, they tried in an unbelieveably and extreme agressive way and they will try again as soon as they can. no way i will give them any cash. not anymore. i am not a platform loyalist, i played the shit out of my 360 this gen. i am a game loyalist, i love games and i deeply believe it would be very shortsighted and egoistic to really “jump in” on nextbox because of the games it´ll have, when all i do by that is supporting their future shit with the money they grab from me now.
    i felt like that when they came up with that stuff for one. i thought, wow, i bought tons of xbox games, i actually helped pulling this off. i do not want to feel the same again. it was disgusting. that´s the appropriate word i want to use for it.
    buying into x1 is not an option.

i would vote for NO but unfortunatley i don´t use FB…didn´t those fuckers sign the prism too?

#86 10 months ago
  87. lookingglass

XBO had the best exclusive line up by a mile at E3. They showed maybe one indie and the rest were actual, real games.

Over half of the real games PS4 showed were multi platform with some kind of tag line meant to hide that fact. Like, “Elder Scrolls Online! Only on PS4! *whispers* Only the Beta…”.

XBO has more exclusives and more everything else. Kinect will someday have a kill app for the hardcore gamer and access to a real cloud is already allowing some amazing things.

#87 10 months ago
  88. Lengendaryboss

@Lookingglass
    “Kinect will someday have a kill app for the hardcore gamer”

Oh and please use the correct terms: Console exclusives, timed exclusives and first party exclusives.

#88 10 months ago
  89. et_phone_home

NOOOO! I don’t wanna an ugly, sub-powered, 100€ more expensive, with lack of decent exclusives, with a stupid kinect needed to make a console work, with full game installs, where you can’t change the rapidly full HD by yourself, region locked… I wanna buy only the best, and the best for me is undoubtedly the PS4!

P.S. Did i forget any other good reason not to buy a Xbone?

#89 10 months ago
  90. w0nder2010

No. I am still concerned about Kinect. It is my right as a consumer not to have this spying piece of equipment switched on. If their argument is that they want to use Kinect for advertising, then I am happy to watch adverts using the xbox dashboard (i do sometimes anyway) but the issue here is privacy and the fact that I am being forced to use a piece of listening device which monitors and possibly record my every move and word. I wonder how the European Privacy laws will interpret this? Maybe when the console is released someone will file a complaint and force Microsoft to disable it in Europe at least or face massive fines (me hopes). Only then I will buy xbox one, when Kinect has been removed or made optional.

#90 10 months ago
  91. pcbros

I’m not 100% sure yet but so far I’m keeping my XB1 preorder. But not because of the DRM change. I don’t care for used games. I can usually find good sales at Amazon for brand new games.

So far what has me hooked to XB1 are the exclusives and the fact it enhances my TV viewing will help me convince my wife I’m not spending $500 on a game console… but rather on an “enhanced entertainment system” :)

But seriously, the big reason are the exclusive games so far. There are 4 exclusives I want to play (KI, Halo, Forza 5 and Titanfall) versus PS4′s 1 (inFAMOUS 3).

There is still a lot of time if Sony can bring out some more must-buy exclusives (like Uncharted) before launch, I might switch.

#91 10 months ago
  92. OlderGamer

Staying with PS4 and PS+.

I haven’t been enjoying XB360 from a 1st party exclusive pov in recent years. Most of the good stuff is Multiplat anyways, and PS4 is still cheaper and more powerful. And Netflix isn’t behind a paywall.

#92 10 months ago
  93. Joe_Gamer

More fucking FACEBOOK garbage…some of us actually don’t have facebook, don’t like facebook, and don’t want facebook, stunning I know…

No I will not be buying an xbone, someone with facebook go vote for me

#93 10 months ago
  94. fuchikoma

No. E3 was a declaration of war on gamers. Now that they’ve realized how outgunned they were, they’ve come crawling back? They had no other option.

Region locks are a slap in the face. Install activations are a stab in the back. Daily checkups are a kick to the crotch. Kinect is unwanted, but not unpaid for, even overlooking how creepy and invasive it is, even assuming the data is handled as they say (I don’t even want a game watching my pulse rate or facial expression – f* off!)

I love my 360, despite how the product line failed more than any other electronics I’ve ever heard of, how they shoved so much behind a paywall, and even if you paid them, they stream bandwidth-wasting video ads on the dashboard… if you can get past that, it’s a fun system with good content delivery systems.

…but that was then and this is now. I want to see MS get out of gaming and not look back. If instead of MS flipping, Sony tagged along with them, it would have been the cancer that killed game consoles. I don’t want to give them another chance to try something like this again and succeed.

#94 10 months ago
  95. Old MacDonald

No. Yes. Maybe. I don’t know.

The main obstacle is gone, but the message I have been getting from Microsoft for several years now is still loud and clear: I’m not in the demographic they’re after. Early on the 360 felt so fresh, it had XBLA, it had a bunch of cool games – even a table tennis game from Rockstar, for crying out loud. But then it just went so stale. Everything about it.

The Xbox One looks like it’s more of the same. So, admittedly, does the PS4. But at least the PS3 is still interesting, so more of the same doesn’t look that bad. The Xbox 360 isn’t interesting at all, and hasn’t been for years.

I’m not really sold on any of the consoles, to be honest. But I can’t see myself staying away from the next gen completely either, unless it’s all multiplayer all the time.

#95 10 months ago
  96. RocknRolla

Not buying Xbox one, Pre-ordered PS4 :) obviously..

#96 10 months ago
  97. TrickyAudio

#97 10 months ago
  98. gargus

Even if they did do all of those things and more I still wont buy one. Because they arent doing it for the good of the customer, they are doing it because they were forced to. Being forced to give customers what they deserve is not the same as doing something because its good for the customer. They still have the same foul intent as they did before, now they are just doing it because they dont want to lose sales.

If they had simply done what was right to begin with I would be behind them. But you cant do what all they did, argue with consumers that whay they were doing is ok for weeks, then suddenly flipflop because of bad press and expect me to suddenly forgive them and think they are now ok.

#98 10 months ago
  99. Maabren

Nope. I don’t want kinect and won’t buy XO before that shit is gone. And in the end I may not trust those bastards. They may come up with more shit before they take another U-turn.

#99 10 months ago
  100. Rosseu

PSfucking4

#100 10 months ago
  101. Vice

It all depends on the games. I will wait and see, but right now for me xbox leading by miles simply thanks to Halo franchise which is better than all uncharteds and the last of us together.

#101 10 months ago
  102. benerio

No. Already chose PS4. Most games are multiplatform and PS4 don’t require something like Kinect to work. Hate that thing in the first place.

#102 10 months ago
  103. lunayasha

No, simply no.

@Ekona

I find it disturbing that people want to buy a piece of hardware that has motion censors, facial recognition software, was previously supposed to be “listening” to voice commands, and had to be on the internet daily. I know Xbox has changed its policies, but they are still subject to change.

I would not want to purchase something that can conceivably record me playing a game or just chilling do stuff at home, and then possiblly load it up to the internet for the government to do as it pleases with the footage. So Tim who is Ohio just playing some kinnect game possibly could end up being in footage of a terrorist attack in New York in minutes. So then gamers would be seen as threats to America.

I know it sounds far fetched but remember that anonymous started out 4chan, and that Snowden liked to play video games and had anime avatar. And lets not forget the fake photos of mass destruction by the bush administration. Anyone can alter footage. With that being said Microsoft is also apart of the whole Prism scandal. Too me this sounds like a spying device used to track unsuspecting gamers.

#103 10 months ago
  104. lunayasha

@113 Excuse me for the bad grammar.

#104 10 months ago