Assassin’s Creed 4 to release on PC “a few weeks after” console versions

Wednesday, 19th June 2013 14:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft game director Ashraf Ismail has said not to expect Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag on PC to launch alongside the console versions.

According to Ismail, speaking in a video interview with ElderGeek via Gamespot, the PC version will launch “a few weeks after” the PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360.

“We’re working hard on the PC version,” he said. “It’s one of the main platforms we work on in the office. For our PC fans, don’t worry. The game on PC looks phenomenal.”

Assassin’s Creed games always eventually come to PC, but always after the console versions are released – so this news isn’t surprising.

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is out in late October, early November and will be a launch title for PS4 and Xbox One.

1. Pytox

because of piracy right? :p

2. Hunam

This is something that never bothers me to be honest. Unless the PC port is shit, then it’s just like a slap in the face to go with your kick in the balls.

3. Samoan Spider

@2 Lol, yup this. Same for me too.

4. NeoSquall

Completely unexpected, heh…

5. Max Payne

I really hope its not as bad optimized as AC3…

6. Samoan Spider

@5 If anything in AC4 creaks like Boston did in AC3 I’ll be pissed

7. TheWulf

Unless one simply isn’t interested in the game at all, which is true in my case. The problem with bigger developers and publishers is that there are massive and untapped demographics on the PC, but they’re not looking into what we actually want. Some market research would be nice.

It’s assumed that we all want either console ports or strategy games with fonts that you need to be bionic to see (which sadly I’m not). That might not be the case.

8. macronia

@5,6 agreed , AC3 was horrible on PC , wish i can play AC3 again , i played like hit and run , didn’t actually experience what in the game :(

9. loki

Assassin’s Creed 4 fail again on PC “a few weeks after” console versions

10. mehdidante

fine with me . it’s fair .

11. ayman03

not fine with me but i gave up on Ubisoft a long time ago
    I can only assume now that blacklist and watch dogs will recieve the same treatment.f$$ing a$$oles

12. povu

Knowing Ubisoft that’ll probably end up being 2 months then.

13. ayman03